Bad Weeks

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Hi fellow drivers!

Is anyone having as much trouble as me? Let me explain, we seem to be hurting here, its slow, I grossed $680.42 for 4 days of work, everything checks out ok too, they paid me for everything far as I can tell, this ABC pay sucks, I wish we got piece mile and stop, heck I got paid more at PFG for 4 days of work, ran less miles and so forth.

Seems like one week will be good and 2 weeks will suck, here at Sysco OK they are famous for short paying us, thats why we have to watch our pay so close...I thought I worked for a world class company, thought I was with the best of the best in foodservice, yet we have to call our time in everyday, this Sysco deal is starting not to make sense anymore.

I'm thinking at US Foods or Ben E Keith I could make more consistant money, our ABC pay is confusing at best, I guess I'm just sick of babysitting my check, Sysco wants the world from me and everyone else that drives for them, yet they short pay me on the regular, when I do think I have a decent week it turns into $800.00 gross for 4 days work, if I work 5 days its better but getting 5 days here is hard to do.

I used to be really excited to be with Sysco but I'm figuring out through past experience that there are many more driver friendly foodservice outfits to work for, for what I'm grossing here lately, I'm starting to question if the sheer agravation here at Sysco is really worth it.

Are any of you other guys at different OPCO's experiencing the same as I am?

Thanks,

GT

gt, what is your hourly rate? is abc voluntary or mandatory? if its voluntary, use your hourly rate to your advantage. even with some of our abc guys, they still take all their breaks and lunches every day. they end up with a negative amount for their abc, yet still have great checks because they made it up with ot.

GT,
What does your ABC consist of? I get stop, piece, milage and I gross more in four days(PM me if you want to know the amount). Been doing four day weeks everyother week since losing my road route.

Hi GT,

ABC was standard when I was hired, the senior drivers I talked to said they made more with ABC than with the hourly rate. It was confusing to me at first, but one of the supervisors told me that some of the drivers knew what the paycheck would be to the penny. Since then I made and refined some elaborate spreadsheets to calculate my pay, and it is usually pretty close. Three times in five years they've lost one of my pay sheets and I've had to go after them about it, all of us make copies of our sheets before we turn them in just in case.

At our house, we do get piece, stop, mile, pre and post trip. We probably wouldn't work less than 12 hours per day. The grid rate for four days would gross over $900, ABC would probably be around $1200. Our contract also specifies a minimum weekly pay that is higher than what your figure is. I'm not trying to boast or offend, I'm just saying holy cow! you work too hard for that money, it ain't right.

Stone Cold, Double R, Ted, let me explain....

First off I am at $17.44 per hr, I have been here almost 2 yrs, our ABC consists of alot, hwy miles local miles piece stop pre and post ect., we have to throw around 2500 cases for the week to get "ABC, my ABC sheets may show up once every 2 or 3 weeks, sometimes never, I try and keep track and have caught them short paying me many times.

Our Brothers in AR that are non union are strictly piece mile stop pre and post and do way better than I do for 4 days and throw less cases, to make good money by the hr I have to stay out forever and lose time at home, plus we get dogged if we don't throw enough cases per hr, I already work 10 to 12 hrs a day and throw 70 to 100 CPMH, I run alot of miles so it hurts my CPH, its funny that I can throw 2700 cases, run the same miles and work the same hrs and week to week its different, its frustrating and I'm just blowing off steam, I am looking around however, I can't stand having to watch my check like a hawk.

Contract is up in Feb, I don't see things changing much, 523 is weak and they could care less about our little yard, Sysco usually gets whatever they want so I'm told. I'm just frustrated, I'm working my tail off and still struggling, its just getting old, its all tied to how they do our ABC, if I make a negative amount, I don't make much of a check, if I drag my feet all day long, I get called on it. IDK what to do, next bid isn't till school is out, if I survive that long.

Here at GFS are drivers are paid by the weight, dollar amount and mile. I think piece is in there to but i dont know. Sysco Asian Foods is paid ABC. Case, mile and stop if I remember right.

GT also remember soon you'll probably get the cameras at Sysco

Here at GFS are drivers are paid by the weight, dollar amount and mile. I think piece is in there to but i dont know. Sysco Asian Foods is paid ABC. Case, mile and stop if I remember right.

GT also remember soon you'll probably get the cameras at Sysco
Yea I know, that isn't sitting very well with me, I had a floater mon and haven't worked tues or wed, tues is my regular day off and they killed my route today, I should work the next 2 days though, I will be glad when these holidays are over and stuff gets back to normal!

New the forum....

Hi fellow drivers!

Is anyone having as much trouble as me? Let me explain, we seem to be hurting here, its slow, I grossed $680.42 for 4 days of work, everything checks out ok too, they paid me for everything far as I can tell, this ABC pay sucks, I wish we got piece mile and stop, heck I got paid more at PFG for 4 days of work, ran less miles and so forth.

Seems like one week will be good and 2 weeks will suck, here at Sysco OK they are famous for short paying us, thats why we have to watch our pay so close...I thought I worked for a world class company, thought I was with the best of the best in foodservice, yet we have to call our time in everyday, this Sysco deal is starting not to make sense anymore.

I'm thinking at US Foods or Ben E Keith I could make more consistant money, our ABC pay is confusing at best, I guess I'm just sick of babysitting my check, Sysco wants the world from me and everyone else that drives for them, yet they short pay me on the regular, when I do think I have a decent week it turns into $800.00 gross for 4 days work, if I work 5 days its better but getting 5 days here is hard to do.

I used to be really excited to be with Sysco but I'm figuring out through past experience that there are many more driver friendly foodservice outfits to work for, for what I'm grossing here lately, I'm starting to question if the sheer agravation here at Sysco is really worth it.

Are any of you other guys at different OPCO's experiencing the same as I am?

Thanks,

GT

Hey GT I feel that it's going that bad for you, I have followed your post recently as I have been on the other side contemplating a move from USF to Sysco. The decision has been extremely draining me and my family. Out here in Texas. Sysco San Antonio,and Sysco Austin are merging in a month or two into a 650,000 ft building, supposed to be considered the 2nd biggest Sysco out there{from what I here anyway}. In this area we haven't been affected by the economy and are one of the faster growing cities. From What I have been hearing from Sysco drivers the guys there are making ranging from 70k to 95k a year on ABC. At one point a driver told me they where getting 18 cent a case, $3 a stop,mile pay and pre/post trip on a 5 day work week,with the minimum they send the drivers out are 700cs{again this is what I hear}. But I do know I have talked to a number of drivers all make extremely good dough. USF is totally opposite they going for more the work/family balance 4 day work weeks which I like...But at the corner of my eye I see that 70 to 90k that USF hasn't came close to paying it make me think. Everyday is the day I set myself to make that decision...but seeing what your going thru{although your in a different location} makes me wonder.

Hi Steel,

I worked 5 days this week for the first time in a long time, everyday was 500 cases but one, I got 700, I should do ok but not as good as I would have with more cases.

I wouldn't be afraid of making the move, especially if your economy is good, we just need to pick up and things will be ok, plus we over hired in my yard, about half of us are struggling and half are doing well, its sort of luck of the draw. Honestly I have been really unhappy because of the lack of work, its tough to make ends meet, it sounds like in your location you would do well.

I hate freight and never want to go back to doing it, I say go for it, if it don't work for you there is always more freight to haul. I wish I could be better help, I am just one guy, what I'm going through probably isn't what your going to go through, IDK if you have ever done this sort of work buy you will dang sure earn every penny you make, its rewarding work and when its paying well its the best job on the planet.

GT

Ive been thinking about going to US Foods here in MN. My fiance wants to move back home and I'm at the point I dont know what I want to do because I have a decent job. But I go to US Foods and I can have a pension and make 23.50 a hr with overtime after 10 hrs and excellance benefits.

Theres a couple reasons why I wont work for Sysco MN and one of em is cameras and the other is no out of town routes. Where at US I could get a overnight route.