Bakery put out of business for refusing to bake “gay” wedding cake

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Rastus

Rastus ..“We caught em”.. AD-FREE USER

The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine against two Christian bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.

[​IMG]
    The case began back in January 2013, when Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of the since-closed Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery just outside Portland, Oregon, cited their religious beliefs when declining to make a wedding cake for Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...n-bakers-who-refused-make-gay-wedding-n833321

Way to go girls, something like this will really win normal minds’ acceptance of you and your cause.
    Good thinking.

2. Rastus

[​IMG]

Guess you showed them, they should have baked your cake with exlax in it.

ABFer likes this.
  3. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

By the looks of those two they should of said they only use sugar-free frosting to their ice cakes, they'd gone elsewhere.

Big Dave, ABFer, falconfan and 3 others like this.
  4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

Congrats to the two carpet munchers for putting a family out of business.
    And you wonder why the rest of us have a problem with you and your intolerance of our rights.
    Both of you......go screw yourselves.

5. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Why couldn't they just go to some bakery that would make the cake for them instead of forcing people to do what they don't want to do.
    If Christians are considered to be forcing others to do what they don't want to do..by refraining from the sin of homosexuality....then what makes them any different by forcing their beliefs on Christians? There's a double standard....and all safeguards for everyone could eventually fall if the double standards continue......you need some kind of fairness or conformity for a nation to stay a nation.....double standards threaten cohesion.

ABFer and falconfan like this.
  6. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

I guess the one with her hands on the others booby is the "Butch"..

7. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

I truly believe if it were Muslim bakers the courts ruling would be different.

8. Northern Flash

A couple of scabs that probably couldn't find a man if they were looking for one.
    These types of trash that try to force their beliefs on to the rest of us only make me dig my heals in deeper against them.

9. Northern Flash

Throw them both off a building like they do in the he Muslim countries and show them what intolerance feels like.
    They want us to tolerate their beliefs but they don't give a damn about ours.

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The bakery offered the couple their standard wedding cake, so there wasn’t true discrimination. Just couldn’t make a ‘special designed’ gay cake, as requested.

11. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

If that bakery was in my neighborhood I'd go plaster the front of the closed establishment with homophobic slurs.

falconfan likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

It's all part of the Liberal agenda. Force homosexuality down our throats. It just makes me resist even more.

If the bakers won't bake your cake go elsewhere. Problem solved.
    From here on out, bake the cake and use salt instead of sugar. Ruin their party with a crappy tasting cake, and forget to add the dildos to the top.
    Oops, your cake is free.
    :grin:

buffalobill likes this.
  13. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

This story reminds me of something that I was once warned about...The union has to represent you, they don't have to represent you competently. Bake them a cake that they won't soon forget, have the new hire decorate it.

14. Rastus

I don’t understand how the government can force anyone to sell to someone else.
    It’s a private business they should be able to sell what they want to who they want.
    If I go into a muslim store and they won’t sell to infidels, that’s their decision.
    I really don’t get this one at all.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  15. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

That makes two of us, this is clear gubmental overreach.

Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That your first thought is to trash and destroy someone else’s property, comes as no surprise....

17. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: and another $.02 from the biggest crybaby on TB :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

18. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...ou-baby/ar-BBHKuBE?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Disgusting imo.
    Must we be subjected to their preference......all about them all the damned time.
    I like watching The Walking Dead......there was a gay couple on the show...and one got bit, meaning that he was gonna get turned into a zombie...no saving him.....
    And they just had to have a big smooch before he died............disgusting.
    Sick of them pushing their BS all the time.
    Lots of other couples and characters had it happen.....but no smooches.......it was just done to put their agenda in our face.....and how many young boys watch the damned show....Misery loves company and they are trying to spread their misery imo.

19. Rastus

[​IMG]
    This was from the posted article. :9529:

20. Northern Flash

Now that the govt is involved that's what needs to happen. Make everyone their cake alright but they won't like the taste.
    Oopsie, how did that cat :shit: get in there?