TForce | Ballot Results

Guess that guy “reasonable” finally went to bed
Oh yeah! Big party planned at corporate tomorrow to...celebrate! Catered affair...Ruth’s Chris, Peter Luger, and other ‘fast food’ joints in charge of the menu. Lots of ‘populist’ guest speakers too, with the phrase “Jolly good move, chums!” being uttered literally thousands of times. Ahh, yes. Gotta keep up appearances.

A lot of truth to that. Guess I should consider it a miracle when they blink their taillights after I flash ‘em over
Regarding flashing, why would flashing headlights be helpful?

I wish to smack any driver using high beams to "signal" to come back over. AND OFTEN BASICALLY LEAVING NO FOLLOWING DISTANCE.
I know when to come over, I don't need to be blinded. No tail lights blinked to reward you!

Only helpful thing is turning off headlamps to reduce glare which the DOT does not want drivers doing.

Dont mean to be negative but trying to understand the logic of flashing headlights.

Last edited:

I wish to smack any driver using high beams to "signal" ok to come back over.
I know when to come over, I don't need to be blinded. No tail lights blinked to reward you!

Only helpful thing is turning off headlamps to reduce glare which the DOT does not want drivers doing.

Dont mean to be negative but trying to understand the logic of flashing lights.

Correction private! Turning off and on.. not high beams

A lot of truth to that. Guess I should consider it a miracle when they blink their taillights after I flash ‘em over

You notice they’re driving like crazy too? Always thought teamster drove a bit more laid back. I know to back off when I see a upsf truck that hasn’t been washed in a year with crushed fairings come around me

You notice they’re driving like crazy too? Always thought teamster drove a bit more laid back. I know to back off when I see a upsf truck that hasn’t been washed in a year with crushed fairings come around me
What MPH is UPSF governed at? 75?

I find it surprising that package/parcel can go at least 70 mph in the midwest.
Being one of the biggest fleets, even a slight improvement in MPG running lower MPH is many millions of $$$ yearly.

LTL companies really need to get on the MPG bonus wagon.

For me to make $15 extra in dock time running 65 vs 55 costs the co double that in extra fuel.
Give me the $$ difference as bonus and lets reduce our dependence on towel head oil.

They are just looking out for you..
They know you can get in trouble for talking .
I actually heard that at one time...OD drivers weren’t supposed to...’visit’ while on the route. I noticed it a few years back when a few of the guys I worked with at Conway migrated to OD and became awfully ‘quiet’ when I’d see them on a dock somewhere. Any truth to that policy?

I actually heard that at one time...OD drivers weren’t supposed to...’visit’ while on the route. I noticed it a few years back when a few of the guys I worked with at Conway migrated to OD and became awfully ‘quiet’ when I’d see them on a dock somewhere. Any truth to that policy?

I’ve heard the same thing but they won’t talk to me about it..lol

Now we all will see how the tactic to do a lockout will work for UPS.
Will they get their freight back or will they find out they really messed up?
With the deep pockets of UPS, they will quickly recover the customers they want. And ignore those that are not profitable. IMO, a lock out is a strategy that will not be feasible for YRCW. The revenue that UPS Freight contributes to UPS is around 5%. YRCW has no other revenue streams to draw upon, to cover expenses as UPS Freight has. A lock out at YRCW should not even be considered, by their senior management.

I saw one of your zero turns with a torn up roof fairing. Don’t you know the 15 mph rule when mowing under trees?

v7Ufwxh.jpg
That's a good percentage of members voting.

I wish to smack any driver using high beams to "signal" to come back over. AND OFTEN BASICALLY LEAVING NO FOLLOWING DISTANCE.

Dont mean to be negative but trying to understand the logic of flashing headlights.

Not necessarily hi beams, but headlight flashing goes back to the single lane mountain roads we ran.
You may have a line of traffic behind you with no place to pull over and let it pass.
We had signs on the back of our trailers, "call your senators and congressmen, tell them we need more two lane roads"
Too bad you interstate drivers missed out on the fun.
And yes, light flashing was a big help.

Not necessarily hi beams, but headlight flashing goes back to the single lane mountain roads we ran.
You may have a line of traffic behind you with no place to pull over and let it pass.
We had signs on the back of our trailers, "call your senators and congressmen, tell them we need more two lane roads"
Too bad you interstate drivers missed out on the fun.
And yes, light flashing was a big help.

Pd23ANS.jpg

You don't have to work hard to get service back when the other sucks! Bilo we got it upsf knows it....they gotta plan and I'm blessed to be apart of the ride....
You would be wise, to open your eyes, and ditch the our :shhit: don't stink attitude. You will get your freight back but your broad comment, that all the others suck, is idiot talk. In a ultra competitive business like LTL, the ones that don't work hard get buried or have to settle for a last best contract offer. There are competitor LTL companies, that work hard, don't suck, and are deadly serious about growing their business. They are there, you just have to open your eyes and look.