ABF | Ballots Sent To Some ABF Teamsters For Strike Vote!

WOW this is serious. A strike vote by 1700 Teamsters could decide the fate of 7000 ABF unionized workers. I sure hope the members know what they're doing. I wouldn't try to tell them what to do but I would hate to see another Hostess disaster

WOW this is serious. A strike vote by 1700 Teamsters could decide the fate of 7000 ABF unionized workers. I sure hope the members know what they're doing. I wouldn't try to tell them what to do but I would hate to see another Hostess disaster

A strike AUTHORIZATION vote by the Central Region is exactly that AUTHORIZATION. Once a "last, best, and final" proposal has been rejected; a strke authorization vote must be taken. If an authorization is approved, ABF may modify the last Central Region proposal. IMO that is unlikely.
Good luck! I just don't think Judy and Roy are playing.

I think that they are hoping that the rank file flinch, and IMO if the do it will be the end of negotiations they ( the company ) will shove what they want right down their throats.. I am not for a strike but in a poker game if you have a tell your opponents use it against you. Make no mistake this is not a game but the stakes are extremely high

I don't know the outcome of this strike vote but I cant understand how TEAMSTERS vote yes on first offer. I stand with our brothers and sisters in the central conference. Ive became a teamster in 89. we better stand together or well stand alone. This is the worst contract ive seen.

Do we really want to shut down the best union company in LTL. The contract stinks however it is still better than anything out there. Working at ABF under this contract is better than working at any other trucking company out there..Trucking jobs are a plenty. Most wont hire you because of your Teamster background and those that will pay about 32 cpm and no benefits. A serious reduction in wages from where we are now. I don't know the solution but it damn sure is not putting ABF out of business.

facts are this over the last 10 to 20 years as all the union carries went out nw, cf, etc non unions took there place new ones starting up, paying less pay, benefits, no legacy costs. no constrictive work rules whether its Old dominion, fed x, con way that's why they have grown.

yrcw leader James welch back when it was just yellow, came to Chicago ridge when he was the boss of just yellow about 10 years ago said we have a road guy who brings it in, a guy who breaks the set, a guy who puts the trailer in the dock, a guy who fuels the truck, and a guy who hooks trailer, 5 different guys to do that job and only that job are competitors don't use 5 different guys one guy does it all.......get the picture

why they have an advantage less employees standing around when there's nothing to do. less employees more savings he also said if there was city freight ten miles north of Milwaukee they couldn't send a city guy to get it because that was fond u lacs area so fond u lac would pick it up ship it to Chicago then Chicago would ship it back to Milwaukee for delivery that wouldn't happen at fedx ,Conway etc there city guy would have got it and delivered it on his was back to Milwaukee OFFERING BETTER QUICKER SERVICE

bottom line if you don't change with times you get left behind............union been dying a quick death over the last 10 to 20 years..... due to bad IBT leadership and a majority of members who have never been to a union meeting, or vote...................my grandpa always said your union is only as good as its members so we have what we have to day because of it SAD good luck abf on your vote

just remember yrcw still wants to buy you ( wait a vulture capitalist is willing to give YRCW the money) we need new equipment, newer computers, cause roadways is dos from the 80s and we need employees also ............................. the vulture bank wants the money from the sale of abf propertys to get most of there money back up front and shares ..........plus it would eliminate half the non union people ,savings there, among others savings......shares go up short term and they cash out and laugh to the bank.........and then what ever happens they don't care THIS IS AND HAS BEENTHE DEATH OF THE UNIOUNS FOR THE LAST FEW DECADES

I smell management.

Do we really want to shut down the best union company in LTL. The contract stinks however it is still better than anything out there. Working at ABF under this contract is better than working at any other trucking company out there..Trucking jobs are a plenty. Most wont hire you because of your Teamster background and those that will pay about 32 cpm and no benefits. A serious reduction in wages from where we are now. I don't know the solution but it damn sure is not putting ABF out of business.
I'd say that you are incorrectly assigning blame to the rank and file. Yep, contract sucks, yep is better than many out there but there are better jobs to be had as well, company is doing better than they tell. I know it but you obviously do not.

facts are this over the last 10 to 20 years as all the union carries went out nw, cf, etc non unions took there place new ones starting up, paying less pay, benefits, no legacy costs. no constrictive work rules whether its Old dominion, fed x, con way that's why they have grown.

yrcw leader James welch back when it was just yellow, came to Chicago ridge when he was the boss of just yellow about 10 years ago said we have a road guy who brings it in, a guy who breaks the set, a guy who puts the trailer in the dock, a guy who fuels the truck, and a guy who hooks trailer, 5 different guys to do that job and only that job are competitors don't use 5 different guys one guy does it all.......get the picture

why they have an advantage less employees standing around when there's nothing to do. less employees more savings he also said if there was city freight ten miles north of Milwaukee they couldn't send a city guy to get it because that was fond u lacs area so fond u lac would pick it up ship it to Chicago then Chicago would ship it back to Milwaukee for delivery that wouldn't happen at fedx ,Conway etc there city guy would have got it and delivered it on his was back to Milwaukee OFFERING BETTER QUICKER SERVICE

bottom line if you don't change with times you get left behind............union been dying a quick death over the last 10 to 20 years..... due to bad IBT leadership and a majority of members who have never been to a union meeting, or vote...................my grandpa always said your union is only as good as its members so we have what we have to day because of it SAD good luck abf on your vote

just remember yrcw still wants to buy you ( wait a vulture capitalist is willing to give YRCW the money) we need new equipment, newer computers, cause roadways is dos from the 80s and we need employees also ............................. the vulture bank wants the money from the sale of abf propertys to get most of there money back up front and shares ..........plus it would eliminate half the non union people ,savings there, among others savings......shares go up short term and they cash out and laugh to the bank.........and then what ever happens they don't care THIS IS AND HAS BEENTHE DEATH OF THE UNIOUNS FOR THE LAST FEW DECADES
I never heard of anyone working at ABF talk about people on the clock standing around with nothing to do. Hearing people make claims when they do not know is one of my pet peeves.

I never heard of anyone working at ABF talk about people on the clock standing around with nothing to do. Hearing people make claims when they do not know is one of my pet peeves.

I've seen people standing around with their hands in their pockets doing nothing,accusing labor of doing nothing_ but those people do not punch a time card.

I smell management.
if this is management , please liisten. The only way we can make believers our of these guys is to shut down the least profitable terminal. Some may follow the work but it will disrupt lives and make believers out of the rest. Why should the yes voters pay for this type of arrogance. It's a shame but we can't keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

Its called supplements to the contract. I know you are just a probationary and are absolutely clueless to how the contract works, so sit back shut up, and learn how the union works. If you don't like it, go back and beg bozzman for your old job back.

I smell management.
No not management just a concerned outsider's opinion on this issue. I have never been a big fan of the different area supplements.I have always believed that the 1 NMFA should have been the same nationwide. And since the ABF contract was passed by a majority of the ABF Teamsters I would hate to see the majority voters lose because of a supplemental vote by a minority. I would hate to see another loss to the Teamsters like Hostess.

No not management just a concerned outsider's opinion on this issue. I have never been a big fan of the different area supplements.I have always believed that the 1 NMFA should have been the same nationwide. And since the ABF contract was passed by a majority of the ABF Teamsters I would hate to see the majority voters lose because of a supplemental vote by a minority. I would hate to see another loss to the Teamsters like Hostess.

Hostess?? Oh yeah I remember. That was the company that was begging for huge concessions while paying massive bonuses to the management that was taking the company thru bankruptcy.

Hostess?? Oh yeah I remember. That was the company that was begging for huge concessions while paying massive bonuses to the management that was taking the company thru bankruptcy.

Yes that Hostess, but my point was that the Teamsters had already accepted the concessions and lost their jobs because of the baker's union vote. Not that the bakers were wrong since it was their right to vote no. I just felt badly for the Hostess Teamsters who were willing to bite the bullet and accept the concessions. And I would hate to see the ABF majority lose their jobs because of a strike over an area supplement.

It's up to ABC/ABF to decide the future of ABF, If ABF really cares about the customers, then they should be willing to talk and work out the problems with this contract!!!

We want to make sure ABF survives,and don't lose any customers, but the decision is up to ABC/ABF to decide the future

ABC/ABF will have to answer to the stockholders, for their actions, and unwillingness to negotiate a fair contract!!!

if this is management , please liisten. The only way we can make believers our of these guys is to shut down the least profitable terminal. Some may follow the work but it will disrupt lives and make believers out of the rest. Why should the yes voters pay for this type of arrogance. It's a shame but we can't keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

STILL TROLLING i SEE, AS I SAID BEFORE YOU DON'T EVEN WORK FOR ABF!!! GO BACK TO CONWAY WHERE YOU BELONG. YOU ARE JUST A LIAR, AND A TROLL

Do you work at ABF. If you don't, then you may want to do some research and learn the truth before you start commenting on something you know nothing about!!!

Do you work at ABF. If you don't, then you may want to do some research and learn the truth before you start commenting on something you know nothing about!!!

I've already posted that I'm just a concerned outsider. Kindly tell me what research I can do to learn the truth that will change my opinion? That opinion being that since the majority has already voted to accept the contract I would hate to see a strike based only on one area supplement.