ABF | Ballots Sent To Some ABF Teamsters For Strike Vote!

Your an idiot. Do you realize how small this company is compared to conway? Abf freight could be absorbed throughout the market without other carriers blinking. Secondly, yrc is the big union dog anyway. If I'm not mistaken, conway drivers hourly wages are higher than yrc. So don't tell me the union carriers set the bar for ilthe industry. Yrc is the reason we are losin 7%•• but hey, my brothers voted on it and respect the outcome. I want abf to survive. I'm learning that my brotherhood are looking out for themselves rather than the whole group

GOD IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING.... i WOULD BE GLAD IF YOU JUST ONE THING... IF YOU ARE AROUND LONG ENOUGH, MAYBE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GROW A PAIR, IF NOT MAYBE YOU CAN BORROW SOMEONES WHEN THEY ARE DONE WITH THEIRS!!!

SOMEDAY YOU WILL REALIZE THAT IF IT'S IMPORTANT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IF IT... YOUR NOT GOING TO GET ANYTHING FOR FREE

Trollins62 I only want to know one thing. This is a easy question, so maybe you will be able to answer this right. HOW OLD ARE YOU? That''s all I want to know from you.

He's not going to answer you, Brother Papajohn,....not truthfully, anyway. He's a cowering little man hiding behind his anonimity.....He doesn't want anyone, ESPECIALLY his employer ,...finding out he's here and consorting with Teamsters. Conway might think we're "infecting" him,...and just fire him out of preventative meanness.........he'll never admit to anything, truthfully,.....and that's sad, because now he's become such a casual liar that probably his Priest doesn't even believe him in Confession......I'll give you his answer:..."He's old as Sin."

fair enough, I'm 30

In dog years?,...by the Roman calendar?.....Are you sure?....Can we be sure?...I demand to see your birth certificate!......Or give me your parent's notarized, signed statement that you were actually born......and on that particular date....

WOW this is serious. A strike vote by 1700 Teamsters could decide the fate of 7000 ABF unionized workers. I sure hope the members know what they're doing. I wouldn't try to tell them what to do but I would hate to see another Hostess disaster

I agree it was criminal to know that Hostess executive's were using Pension Money to fund their Bonuses I'm assuming that is what your referring to with your quote

I agree it was criminal to know that Hostess executive's were using Pension Money to fund their Bonuses I'm assuming that is what your referring to with your quote

No I was referring to the fact that unfortunately the Hostess Teamsters lost their jobs because of the bakers union voting down it's contract. I was trying to compare that to the possibility of the other 5200 ABF Teamsters losing their jobs due to a strike vote by 1800 Teamsters on an area supplement. I guess I chose the wrong comparison since some on here aren't happy with my comparison. .

No I was referring to the fact that unfortunately the Hostess Teamsters lost their jobs because of the bakers union voting down it's contract. I was trying to compare that to the possibility of the other 5200 ABF Teamsters losing their jobs due to a strike vote by 1800 Teamsters on an area supplement. I guess I chose the wrong comparison since some on here aren't happy with my comparison. .
I think what your opposition is is that you are here with a group who feel differently than you do about how things went and are going. Then that is enhanced but the impression that you don't even work under this contract.

I think what your opposition is is that you are here with a group who feel differently than you do about how things went and are going. Then that is enhanced but the impression that you don't even work under this contract.

I wouldn't call it an opposition but more of a concern and fear of what could possibly happen. And yes you are right. I am an outsider and I don't work under the contract. But I do care about the future of the LTL freight Teamsters.

I wouldn't call it an opposition but more of a concern and fear of what could possibly happen. And yes you are right. I am an outsider and I don't work under the contract. But I do care about the future of the LTL freight Teamsters.

Thank you for being concerned with the future of LTL. Many of us have seen a shift in negotiation style in the last few years. There's a very good chance that the Master Tentative agreement wouldn't've passed,....by only 243 votes,.....if the rumor that YRC was going to buy ABF wasn't released in the same week that the ballots went out. There's a good chance that many of the Supplements that were rejected wouldn't've been voted in , if the company hadn't sent out management to all the affected terminals to spread the rumor that a "No" vote was an automatic strike vote,...In the case of our Supplement, and my particular terminal, of which I am the steward ,...an immediate call to the IBT dispelled that rumor, so our terminal voted almost unanimously to reject the Supplement. But the other terminals in our Supplement weren't as quick to track down the truth of the rumor, consequently the vote count went against us, and our Supplement got accepted,...in spite of very little changes. This is negotiation by deception,....it's not honest negotiation,...and I think many ABF employees are tired of their future being decided by rumors and lies, instead of actually sitting down and negotiating. And,...in my opinion,...the recent report that YRC wanted to re-open and extend their contract died a swift death because YRC management and the IBT don't dare allow the rank-and-file to vote on anything else there because of the anger at being tricked several times......Those guys are so angry that they would vote to close the company, bulldoze the terminals, and burn the equipment. Just ask them....

i am in my 30's, and i am sr. man at my barn.. but yes, i am the least experienced!!! funny how that works!!!:dance:
I'm sure there has been more than one guy pissing on the ones with less seniority only to have the tables turned at a later date. Lowest on list=first laid off=first on list at next employer.

If you got a ballot, make a choice, and mail it in. Pretty simple if you want to move forward.

You have me a little confused..Why would you want to work in a union environment when everything you stand for goes against it.. From your bellyaching about the guys that are standing up to the big bad company to blaming YRC for having to lower the wage scale... The way I look at it is that it was the big bad company you worked for that was trying to put YRC out of business and I would have to guess you were right behind them... Most likely spreading the BS went you went to a customers dock... It is companies like you worked for that is bringing this industry down... Now you working for ABF time to grow a set and act like a TEAMSTER or go back to your former environment..