ABF | Ballots Sent To Some ABF Teamsters For Strike Vote!

Hey, I give 100% to abf everyday. And it's not the conways or FedEx bringing Down the wages. It's our very own union that we pay our dues to. I haven't seen any type of organization campaigns where there trying to get others to jump on board an protect these jobs and pensions. You got all the retirees worried about losing everything. The retirees should get out and help and picket these nons. They got all the free time. I feel the IBT leadership had caused ALL of this by sitting back and doing nothing. There's a lot of guys on the non side right now due to the 09 resession because theirs no union jobs to go to. Right now is not the time to strike IMO.

Hey, I give 100% to abf everyday. And it's not the conways or FedEx bringing Down the wages. It's our very own union that we pay our dues to. I haven't seen any type of organization campaigns where there trying to get others to jump on board an protect these jobs and pensions. You got all the retirees worried about losing everything. The retirees should get out and help and picket these nons. They got all the free time. I feel the IBT leadership had caused ALL of this by sitting back and doing nothing. There's a lot of guys on the non side right now due to the 09 resession because theirs no union jobs to go to. Right now is not the time to strike IMO.
They worked hard all their life for that pension & now it's time for them to relax, let the people who are paid the big bucks get off their a$$ & earn their pay check .....

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with you that this is not the time to strike or is any time if it can be avoided but if you think that it was not the conways and the fed-ex's bring the wages down then you for sure have been drinking way too much kool-aid.. Do you know the history of the company that you worked for??? Ask what happened to Con-way East when they voted not to take further cuts from Con-way... Had friends worked there.. They closed them up as Con-way had in their mind that Con-way was going to be union free ... They knew it would be just a matter of time before they would be allowed back into the area... That I can agree with you as that I can blame on the IBT... It's a dog eat dog world now and it seems whoever sells the cheapest will be the survivor ..

I agree with you that this is not the time to strike or is any time if it can be avoided but if you think that it was not the conways and the fed-ex's bring the wages down then you for sure have been drinking way too much kool-aid.. Do you know the history of the company that you worked for??? Ask what happened to Con-way East when they voted not to take further cuts from Con-way... Had friends worked there.. They closed them up as Con-way had in their mind that Con-way was going to be union free ... They knew it would be just a matter of time before they would be allowed back into the area... That I can agree with you as that I can blame on the IBT... It's a dog eat dog world now and it seems whoever sells the cheapest will be the survivor ..

Your right. I worked there when they were trying to kill yrc. Conway has meetings every Monday. We always got a yrc update on how bad they were doing . They actually pump these dsrs with negative energy to compete with competitors, then in return relay the info on the street. I never seen so much damaged freight in my life. Cramming that crap, stabbing the freight in pups, operators that never run a forklift in there life. It was ugly. I have no doubt they are informing their dsrs right now on the teamster strike situation and running to the street with it.

I use to call you Trolling62 but now I will address you by your real name Mr. Idiot. I gave 100% to Johnson Motor Lines, Ryder/Pie, Roadway and unfortunately YRC for 39 years. I worked for my hard earned pension, attended union meetings, honored picket lines, helped getting cards signed for elections.I didn't sit on my ass back then and I still don't sit on my ass now as a retiree. I know what it is to be a Teamster and I always will be a Teamster no matter what. I may not agree with this crew who are ruining, I mean running our International right now, but I believe the rank and file will elect officials back in who will represent its members again and not cave into bulls--- contracts and concessions that hurt the members. Idiot 62, just because you pay union dues, which I don't believe you do, doesn't make you a Teamster. Listen before you talk, you might learn something and then maybe earn a little respect from your "co-workers" whoever they may be.

I respect your service sir, but if we go on strike your pension isn't gonna last long if we go under. I'm trying to protect you relaxing In your lazy boy recliner. Abf is last full contributor to the pension fund, I'd suggest not to rock the boat to much right now

I respect your service sir, but if we go on strike your pension isn't gonna last long if we go under. I'm trying to protect you relaxing In your lazy boy recliner. Abf is last full contributor to the pension fund, I'd suggest not to rock the boat to much right now

You make this suggestion based on your 2 months of Teamster experience? Or your maybe 8 years of industry experience? You need to keep your yap shut about things you are so ignorant of.

You make this suggestion based on your 2 months of Teamster experience? Or your maybe 8 years of industry experience? You need to keep your yap shut about things you are so ignorant of.

You shut up. Go to the holland board u leach. Look at history u moron. Wtf is down the road for this union carrier hero?

ABF is not the "last full contributor" to the pension funds. There are about 26 individual funds nationwide associated with ABF employees' pensions. In our area,..Joint Council #40,...there are 13 contributors at full rate, UPS being the biggest by far,....and about 15 smaller contributors. The retirees,....past and future,....earned those benefits with a coin that can't be replaced,...their time, youth, vigor, and, in some instances, their health. Wall Street is the biggest culprit here. Big Business' quest to keep more people in the labor pool longer , to keep wages lower, has decimated many pension funds. Apparently Mr. Rollin62 thinks people on pensions are "slackers",....and should be out doing something to "justify" their pension. Spoken like a true non-Union management creep. What orifice are you talking out of, Rollin62?

Wouldn't a retiree telling a non union driver the benefits of a union and pension help protect his interests? The IBT is not doing it. Who's supposed to educate the next generation of drivers? It seems like we enjoy fighting amongst ourselves while the nons laugh. Lets just keep doing that. Strike strike strike!!!! We'll show you ABF!! Power to the people!!! Freeeedooom

Rollin my boy...
I wish I could send you a pair of the shoe's I have walked in. Then you may see I am trying to inform you I have already been down that road you are on.
I have to laugh at the non's as they will not be laughing when the end of their careers come. Some save but my money is on the majority live pay check to pay check. High premiums on insurance but they don't have to pay that 52.00 dollars in dues each month. As three or more times that amount is taken out of their check each payday for health insurance,
Pension, 401, 501,701 what ever you want to call it many don,t have anything put aside each payday. In the end they got a whole bunch of nothing. Why don't these retired non union guys put out the real numbers or their retirment ? All we hear about is Central states this and Central state that. They are the poster children because their trustees can't get it done.
Standing on the picket line ?? Really don't see that happening the times have changed but the threat is still their and NOBODY wants to walk.. But the Nons sure hope you do. Their just hovering around like buzzards waiting for the meal. Ya if it comes to walking they will have more freight than they can handle. They will promise the world and do not have the capacity to deliver. Nations Way is great example of trying to capitalize on striking company's in the last NMFA strike. In the end it cost them many customers because they could not be everything to everybody. But they tried.
Are you worried about being without a paycheck if the Teamsters walk ?
I worked for 4 union company s in my career and every time their was a strike or lock out I happened to work for that outfit that was struck. So in short I have been on every picket line since 1973.
YOU did not get what you are getting today and your Non's did not get what they get today because the Teamsters of the older generation were afraid of walking.
Live and learn son................You can change the world but your not going to do it on your own..........
Wouldn't a retiree telling a non union driver the benefits of a union and pension help protect his interests? The IBT is not doing it. Who's supposed to educate the next generation of drivers? It seems like we enjoy fighting amongst ourselves while the nons laugh. Lets just keep doing that. Strike strike strike!!!! We'll show you ABF!! Power to the people!!! Freeeedooom

You're throwing gasoline on a fire. You do, however, raise an important point. Few people of any age are aware or understand the importance of organized labor. Or our continuing contributions to American working people.

You're throwing gasoline on a fire. You do, however, raise an important point. Few people of any age are aware or understand the importance of organized labor. Or our continuing contributions to American working people.
Just a lil sarcasm albag. On a real note, everybody really has no interest in a strike except a few on this board. I think in order to grow organized labor, we should accept what the majority wants and trust our IBT leadership for the time. I feel if not, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot by not sticking together. The country is in a recession, government shut down , coming in the winter months..... It's to risky to strike.

Just a lil sarcasm albag. On a real note, everybody really has no interest in a strike except a few on this board. I think in order to grow organized labor, we should accept what the majority wants and trust our IBT leadership for the time. I feel if not, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot by not sticking together. The country is in a recession, government shut down , coming in the winter months..... It's to risky to strike.
Do you understand that nothing is resolved either way the vote goes? At least with a strike authorization they will go back to the table..... Either way on the 29th it will be trick or treat.....

I agree 100%. My question is who's job is it to get the nons on the union train?

Damn !! i just broke my pledge not to reply to your posts !!!! Who's job is it to get the nons on the union train ?????? PEOPLE LIKE YOU .....THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN THERE !!!!!

Too little,...too late, Rollin62. Since deregulation,....occurring about when you were born,.....many drivers had a choice. Union,...or non-Union. I had to make that choice 9 times. The ones that are non-Union wish and want,.....but will not act,...either individually or collectively. The ones that fought it out know exactly why they are in a Union company,...........and realize trying to explain it to someone in a non-Union company is a waste of breath. The only time a non-Union driver thinks about joining a Union is about a half-hour after he's been fired,...and about a week after he's retired. Other than that,....he blocks out all thought about organizing, and just concentrates on his weekly paycheck quest. I told guys 10 years ago, that WHEN the Union becomes irrelevant in trucking, we will all lose control of our price of labor, and our value will be decided by the sales department. That's the point we're at now. So.......you say we should become MORE timid? What do we have to lose? This contract is just the beginning,....once it ratifies, look for a re-opener every 6 months. The downward spiral has begun. Wall Street has created this "recession" as the perfect tool to keep organized labor down until it no longer exists. And you sound more than willing to accept the chains and manacles ,....to bow your head and hope for "better" times. Wall Street can give you the answer when better times will be here......Never......Either you fight,....or you bow your head and accept defeat.

I guess my next question would be, if we're gonna be makin crummy wages anyway, why would we go ahead and shoot the dog and start some where else makin the same?