ABF | Ballots Sent To Some ABF Teamsters For Strike Vote!

I guess my next question would be, if we're gonna be makin crummy wages anyway, why would we go ahead and shoot the dog and start some where else makin the same?
You knew the risks coming over....did you not? You knew somewhat about the politics....but, now you are part of the drama. Until drivers across this country can realize their collective power, conditions will continue to deteriorate. Maybe one day, when they all say enough, and a wildcat strike happens, and the IBT realizes they can be replaced, maybe a new national LTL contract can be put in place, covering all qualified CDL holders, regardless which company has it's name on the building. Not enough pain yet though. Central Region is fed up, but none of us will join the fight.....we just yap on the boards about how screwed up everything is! Professional CDL holders shut the country down for about 2 Weeks, and everybody would be begging, please sir, would you bring the goods!

I have to agree...they are voting to strike on suppliments that have nothing to do with what some are unhappy about in the original contract. issues that have been ratified and will not be renegotiated ....7% paycut one weeks loss of vacation a 5 yr agreement that will get us 10% back over the term of the contract....this is a pissing contest..in my opinion...I believe everyone should vote what they think is best for hm and their familys but after the last months of this I want it over one way or another....no strike get back to work strike I go find another job...but this whole deal has been mind numbing...and I feel we shouldn't be upset with abf we and I am upset with the representation I got...I fell it could of been better... I almost feel as though I was sold out by the international and my local....we were told by the union this is as good as its going to get oh and by the way 20% didn't vote on the first contract....I fing that a little hard to believe