Baltimore/Lancaster/Miami closing?

nemf

TB Lurker
Credits
I received a text FWD today saying that as of this Friday, Baltimore, Lancaster, and Miami are all shut down. True? Not true? What's the deal?

now i do recall mr. mad making a whole lotta fuss a couple of months ago saying he rubbed elbows with shevell and good things were coming..."wait and see".."i'm a troll"..all that good stuff..now mr. mad disappeared..probably the door man at 01 now..since then NEMF has closed 5 terminals and employees have taken wage cut....now my brothas this is why i dont trust anyone who says their friends with management.. especially when a steward says it...... a b/a, or steward never trusts management or takes their word...

It is true. My mother works st the lancaster barn(e-town), and she said this friday is it for her. She told me she was offered work at carlise, but to far of a commute.

Rumblings, but I won't post info like that until I get it from as close to the source as possible. Right now it's way too thru the grapevine. May not know for sure til after the fact since everyone who is eligble to follow work may not do so, etc.

Are you sure you can fit all those extra people at 68 lol...i hated trying to put a trailer in the door..to dam small.. especially on the back side with that lovely fence in the way...lmao but glad to see the people will still have a job as they relocate

Just a rumor but as I understand it, Miami will become a Northeastern terminal, Lancaster was an overflow location for hbg when it was booming,wdc will also become a N.Eastern terminal that was supposed to shut down after 40 was up and running, they just finally pulled the trigger on it. Does this make any sense?

Just a rumor but as I understand it, Miami will become a Northeastern terminal, Lancaster was an overflow location for hbg when it was booming,wdc will also become a N.Eastern terminal that was supposed to shut down after 40 was up and running, they just finally pulled the trigger on it. Does this make any sense?

No ;)

ten characters

Maybe he means Eastern Freight Ways?

Nope, Eastern is not moving in to the Miami terminal. There is no freight base their for us.

I was just there on Wednesday and spoke with some of the workers. Apparently the Terminal will be mothballed. They had the local police department there getting names and contact numbers and I assume the gate code so they can keep an eye on things after the closing.

it's amazing that every other company has operations in the state of florida...if theres no freight coming out how can everybody else do it....estes,yrc,r&l..etc...

it's amazing that every other company has operations in the state of florida...if theres no freight coming out how can everybody else do it....estes,yrc,r&l..etc...

Those are national carriers that cover the whole lower 48. A national carrier not servicing florida would be like NEMF not servicing Mass. First thing a potential customer would say is "why the whole northeast but Mass?" weather they ever plan to ship there or not.

The south east as a whole is pretty weak freight wise, with florida being near the worst. Stuff goes in, but nothing comes out. florida isn't a manufacturing state, they're a service industry based state. They use stuff, but don't make it.

does that make sense?