Baltimore/Lancaster/Miami closing?

i think we should be moving produce out....look at hunts point in the bronx...that place gets loads in everyday from fl and the rest of the country ..we already know the area in the point so why not..we could pick up a few reefers and see how it goes.....this company in my opinion should have grown little by little over the years especially when the economy was booming but ms i guess didnt want it....we missed the boat but hopefully the boat comes back for another trip

it's amazing that every other company has operations in the state of florida...if theres no freight coming out how can everybody else do it....estes,yrc,r&l..etc...

Come on....are you serious? All other companies (Including those you mentioned) base their inbound rate on getting back to Atlanta since they know the freight volume coming out of FL is weak. But here is an idea, you go to a farm in central FL and spread hay and stack water melons................now run that through a break bulk. Suddenly tires are not so bad!

Are they closing the Baltimore terminal on Baltimore-Annapolis Rd..? If that was still where the Baltimore term was at, It was in 1986........ Long time ago....

I'm sorry I did mean Eastern. I'm not too farmiliar with NEMF and it's family of companies. That's why I started my statement with a disclaimer of it being a rumor, Not all my information is 100% fact. I also asked for confirmation of the rumor and thanks for the proper name of the non-union portion of the company.

i'll take doing tires any day..i take my time so the dispatch has to actually do his job later in the day..besides i had a freind do tires, turn the wrong way while offloading and he's been on comp for 2 or more years now unable to do any kind of work....wellknowing how some of our guys load on the dock ,we wouldnt have one solid watermelon anyplace in the trailer..they would be in peices like the pallets they already load

i think we should be moving produce out....look at hunts point in the bronx...that place gets loads in everyday from fl and the rest of the country ..we already know the area in the point so why not..we could pick up a few reefers and see how it goes.....this company in my opinion should have grown little by little over the years especially when the economy was booming but ms i guess didnt want it....we missed the boat but hopefully the boat comes back for another trip

Fresh foods like produce and meat are truckload work, point A to point B, very time sensitive.

No ltl carrier out there gets into that biz, and only specialized truckload carriers that are set up for it do it.

There's a reason we haven't got into that biz, and it should stay that way.