FedEx Freight | Bargain vs Beg

Although the unionbusting firms have been succesful in delaying the rights of thousands of people quite easily under previous antiunion Presidencies....By letting Labor Board seats go unfilled for maybe years...This administration has filled seats.
AND I have read some very labor- friendlly stories of his Secretary of labor. Fedex did lose an appeal or 2 in this drive which they may not have lost under previous administrations.
The delay tactics just might e " muscled up on" this time.

Vote Yes Louisville! !!

Ding Ding Ding......YOU JUST SET OFF MY " You"re most probably not a driver" alarm.

You speak a script. One with points which have been releaaated over and over again the last few weeks.
Youve said you plan on retiring at 55. The only emway a Fedex driver is gonna do that is if their wife is the breadwinner or her parents or yours have contributed heavily to your finances or you had somekind of inheritance or lawsuit money imo. Those would also be the only sane reasons for a guy to vote no.
Been a driver for 22 years, almost 20 with AF/FedEx.
If it sounds like a "script", it's because it's the facts! They're hard to argue with and some guys have the union wool pulled down so far over their eyes that they can't recognize or comprehend them.
My wife does do well for herself but I'm still the bread winner.
No family contributions, inheritance, or law suits, just a very good financial advisor....and we use the ole adage...a penny saved is a penny earned!
You should also look into Dave Ramsey's Journey to Financial Peace....."you have to live like no one else, so you can live like no one else!"
If you'd quit trying to keep up with the Jones's, the Jones's would be trying to keep up with you!

Alright. I got one answer I figured on. Thanks for the honesty of your wife.
Are you still a driver?
You have good ideals. Ive heard some good stuff about Ramsey. Some.
Most of the natiin had less than $400 in their savings a couple months back.
And alot of guys might be the only source of healthcare and income for their wife and kids.
The facts you give have been reoeated alot on here.
If the guys stick together I see possibility that the company could me made uncomfortable enough to negotiate without getting close to a strrike. You arent dealing with a little union with no experience. Hoffa hass ties to the most powerful office in the world ( apart from the Pope imo). He also hass access to media aappearances. Theres also labor friendl goverment appointees which we didnt have before. And alot of Americans who arent happy with companies and wage gaps.....All that stuff is pressure companies have not had to deal with much for a long time. Hoffa has worked to keep YRC affloat. And ABF. Hell push but not to debilittate or sink the company. The Fedex wont negotiate or will force a strikê is farfetched imo.

You should vote YES for the sake of those who need the best because thy are the only income. 95% chance itll help their situation by voting YES.

Been a driver for 22 years, almost 20 with AF/FedEx.
If it sounds like a "script", it's because it's the facts! They're hard to argue with and some guys have the union wool pulled down so far over their eyes that they can't recognize or comprehend them.
My wife does do well for herself but I'm still the bread winner.
No family contributions, inheritance, or law suits, just a very good financial advisor....and we use the ole adage...a penny saved is a penny earned!
You should also look into Dave Ramsey's Journey to Financial Peace....."you have to live like no one else, so you can live like no one else!"
If you'd quit trying to keep up with the Jones's, the Jones's would be trying to keep up with you!

Alright. I got one answer I figured on. Thanks for the honesty of your wife.
Are you still a driver?
You have good ideals. Ive heard some good stuff about Ramsey. Some.
Most of the natiin had less than $400 in their savings a couple months back.
And alot of guys might be the only source of healthcare and income for their wife and kids.
The facts you give have been reoeated alot on here.
If the guys stick together I see possibility that the company could me made uncomfortable enough to negotiate without getting close to a strrike. You arent dealing with a little union with no experience. Hoffa hass ties to the most powerful office in the world ( apart from the Pope imo). He also hass access to media aappearances. Theres also labor friendl goverment appointees which we didnt have before. And alot of Americans who arent happy with companies and wage gaps.....All that stuff is pressure companies have not had to deal with much for a long time. Hoffa has worked to keep YRC affloat. And ABF. Hell push but not to debilittate or sink the company. The Fedex wont negotiate or will force a strikê is farfetched imo.

You should vote YES for the sake of those who need the best because thy are the only income. 95% chance itll help their situation by voting YES.
Yes, I am a road driver.
Our lives are dependent on the choices we make. Yes, life can and will throw you a curve but we have to be prepared for those curves! $400 in savings tells me most Americans haven't prepared and made the right choices. IMO, the govt schools have failed the American people....I personally think thats by design but that's another topic for another day.
Again, you have to live like no one else, so you can live like no one else.

Sticking together has nothing to do with it, FedEx Freight wants nothing to do with the union and they'll exhaust every resource available fighting the movement, IMO. Do they want a strike, no. Do you want a strike, no. A strike would only cost you your job because you WILL be replaced, again IMO, and without a strike the union has nothing to bargain with. Again, the laws put forth for private unions by the NLRB are in the companies favor because they can't be forced to do anything as long as they bargain in good faith....and the definition of "good faith" is very vague.
As far as NC, who is a media blitz gonna appeal to? 97% of the companies in NC are non-union....only 3% are union! In SC, 96.5% are non-union! Most companies here are going to side with FedEx!
As far as the federal govt, they set the laws through the NLRB, other than political "pressure", there's not much they can do either.....and let's not forget that FedEx spends millions/billions on lobbyist as well.

The union spent seven years trying to organize Overnite and NEVER succeeded....what makes you think they'll succeed now with a bigger company with a lot deeper pockets?

Ding, ding, ding....winner, winner, chicken dinner!
You have finally danced around to inadvertently answer my question....the only things the union brings to the table on your behalf to negotiate with is YOUR job, which you already have, and the threat of a strike.....and since you've just admitted the chances of a strike are minuscule, (and ******* for its unprotected members), the union has nothing left to negotiate with except for the one thing you've already got! They have nothing left to offer the company during negotiations in exchange for anything.
What are you willing to give up for that pension? Wages? Vacation?
What about for better insurance? Wages? Pension?
What about for better wages? Insurance? Vacation? Pension?

Plus, the FIRST thing the union WILL ask for is the dues check off clause...because they care about their money FIRST, you second.
The FIRST thing the company will ask for is a management clause...giving them the power to hire, fire, move employees, move equipment, move frt, close centers, layoff, etc...without repercussions from the union, including ULP charges.

Good luck getting that contract!

Last part first, Thank YOU for the (sarcastic) well wishes. You'll benefit too.

You seem overlook the important parts and see only what you want to. Just because something is very unlikely, does not mean it's off the table. I point out that neither side is going to go for the throat, demanding the unreasonable. Not even the Company is going to go overboard in their resistance. It won't benefit them. We won't be unreasonable and demand over the top terms either. Negotiations end in terms beneficial to BOTH sides. Both sides have extreme measures available. Both want to avoid their use. And no, your fallacy, of every gain comes with a loss is getting tired and worn out. If there was a driver surplus, your theory would apply. We have already suffered losses, before this movement began, in case you didn't notice.

Not getting too specific, there are several measures in the area of "diplomacy", that we have.

Nothing to fear, Red. You'll still have your 88k gig. We may even save it from the encroaching purchase transportation trend.

Plus, the FIRST thing the union WILL ask for is the dues check off clause...because they care about their money FIRST, you second.
The FIRST thing the company will ask for is a management clause...giving them the power to hire, fire, move employees, move equipment, move frt, close centers, layoff, etc...without repercussions from the union, including ULP charges.

Good luck getting that contract!

Oh I forgot to mention your "deal breakers"...

Dues check off clause? Big deal... Payroll deduction is best for all involved.

Management clause? There is not a one size fit's all, management clause. Yes the company will get it, but there will be balance and procedure that must be followed, for many items you mention. Everything else they can do now without following any procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
The faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain.
Fedex Freight, Charlotte,NC had a majority vote yes for representation.
That's some pretty darned good faith.
NC has recently had THE lowest union density in the nation.
That's a great start to changing all of the above defeatest beliefs of your posting RED.
Anything is possible.

Yes, I am a road driver.

Sticking together has nothing to do with it, FedEx Freight wants nothing to do with the union and they'll exhaust every resource available fighting the movement, IMO. Do they want a strike, no. Do you want a strike, no. A strike would only cost you your job because you WILL be replaced, again IMO, and without a strike the union has nothing to bargain with. Again, the laws put forth for private unions by the NLRB are in the companies favor because they can't be forced to do anything as long as they bargain in good faith....and the definition of "good faith" is very vague.

In truth, sticking together has EVERYTHING to do with it... That's the whole point, coming together as a group to accomplish what the individual cannot.

Any attempt to REPLACE would be futile,in this market, IMHO. The time it would take, would crush market share, and disable the whole customer experience. Very expensive, and disruptive. Stockholders no like. Cheaper and SMARTER for the company to address our needs.

" Hoffa has worked to keep YRC affloat. And ABF. Hell push but not to debilittate or sink the company."

Its funny I remembered when a company got into trouble and ask the union for help, Hoffa's answer was to put pickets at the front gate and close them down. When we got down to just two major union freight carriers YRC ABF. I guess Haffa decided maybe what he are doing isn't working out, and he decided to work with what he had left. UPS Freight is still an unproved commodity. Give them a couple of years.

" Hoffa has worked to keep YRC affloat. And ABF. Hell push but not to debilittate or sink the company."

Its funny I remembered when a company got into trouble and ask the union for help, Hoffa's answer was to put pickets at the front gate and close them down. When we got down to just two major union freight carriers YRC ABF. I guess Haffa decided maybe what he are doing isn't working out, and he decided to work with what he had left. UPS Freight is still an unproved commodity. Give them a couple of years.
Mix your medication up again....

Last part first, Thank YOU for the (sarcastic) well wishes. You'll benefit too.

You seem overlook the important parts and see only what you want to. Just because something is very unlikely, does not mean it's off the table. I point out that neither side is going to go for the throat, demanding the unreasonable. Not even the Company is going to go overboard in their resistance. It won't benefit them. We won't be unreasonable and demand over the top terms either. Negotiations end in terms beneficial to BOTH sides. Both sides have extreme measures available. Both want to avoid their use. And no, your fallacy, of every gain comes with a loss is getting tired and worn out. If there was a driver surplus, your theory would apply. We have already suffered losses, before this movement began, in case you didn't notice.

Not getting too specific, there are several measures in the area of "diplomacy", that we have.

Nothing to fear, Red. You'll still have your 88k gig. We may even save it from the encroaching purchase transportation trend.
First, if you mean benefit by not getting wage and benefit increases b/c we're "stuck" in negotiations, I'll pass.

You my friend need to pull the union wool up form over your eyes, you can't see the forest for the trees!
The company doesn't benefit when a union is present so I DO see the company going overboard in their resistance....just for that fact alone. How WOULD a union benefit the company?

There is a driver surplus in Clt, every time a job listing for a driver pops up, the server almost crashes!
The problem today is people think they're irreplaceable....they're not.

Yes, we have suffered losses to an extent...but we still have a job dont we?

My "gig" is exactly what I want!
No worries from the purchase carriers, they have a role to play to insure profitability.

Oh I forgot to mention your "deal breakers"...

Dues check off clause? Big deal... Payroll deduction is best for all involved.

Management clause? There is not a one size fit's all, management clause. Yes the company will get it, but there will be balance and procedure that must be followed, for many items you mention. Everything else they can do now without following any procedure.
You obviously weren't paying attention to Mr Brown when he was speaking, must've been to busy trying to discredit him. He posted the management clause up on the overhead and clearly said that was the first thing the company would ask for, just as i described it...no balance or procedure, full reign to run the company as they saw fit.

Best for all involved? Again, NC is a RTW state, won't be to many "involved".

Lol your invisible homework that is so top secret not even you have links to all this great info :burnsauce:
You're still wanting something for nothing.....guess that's why you support the union.
Do your own homework, you just might learn something.....like how to make a post that actually makes sense.