TForce | Basically the vote is a strike vote, not as much of a contract vote

Big brother pays (parcel) in the mid 30's....
So what, Big Brother's profit margin is four times ours. Comparing apples to oranges. We operate separate from Big Brother but are able to take advantage of their buying power for things like insurance. Look what we pay for insurance compared to any other company except for maybe FedEx. Our pension is secure, YRC( Holland-Reddaway-NewPenn) and ABF are getting half because of underfunding.

So what, Big Brother's profit margin is four times ours. Comparing apples to oranges. We operate separate from Big Brother but are able to take advantage of their buying power for things like insurance. Look what we pay for insurance compared to any other company except for maybe FedEx. Our pension is secure, YRC( Holland-Reddaway-NewPenn) and ABF are getting half because of underfunding.
The question you asked is where can you go & find better, and i told you....I work for ABF in Northeast Pa. & my pension is the same as ups parcel as far as hourly contributions. Not every fund is in central states....

The question you asked is where can you go & find better, and i told you....I work for ABF in Northeast Pa. & my pension is the same as ups parcel as far as hourly contributions. Not every fund is in central states....
ROFL, your pension is not the same as UPS parcel. That is pure nonsense.

ABF used to be a big player in the LTL marketplace. In the past five years you've fallen two more spots to number 7. We passed ABF in revenues several years ago. This year you are getting passed by R&L and will finish as the 8th largest LTL carrier. ABF has to chase business in the moving industry to grow its business. ABF's pension is not the same as UPS parcel, that is nonsense.

Last edited:
You're the only tough guy on here. You have to be tough to post 18 to 20 hours a day since you joined Sunday.
You may not realize it but you're the equivalent of a blow up doll for management. And they're running a train on you right now.

Was this in your job description?
Help Wanted. Moron who likes to stay up all day and night posting on the internet. Must have the expression of a blow up doll for "other" work in the corporate boardroom.
Why don't you mind your own business and go away. You are a union planted troublemaker and we all know it. We are the only teamster company backed and funded by a solvent profitable company. With the Chit sandwich attitude you have you must work for YRC.

ABF used to be a big player in the LTL marketplace. In the past five years you've fallen two more spots to number 7. We passed ABF in revenues several years ago. This year you are getting past by R&L and will finish as the 8th largest LTL carrier. ABF has to chase business in the moving industry to grow its business. ABF's pension is not the same as UPS parcel, that is nonsense.
I personally don,t care what ranking ABF has in the marketplace, they are making money. As far as the pension is concerned it is the same.

The risk is, if the majority of the members vote no, the company can come back and say, we told you that this is our LBFO and unfortunately we have to close down operations. That is just plain reality. Its a gamble.

Getting ready to go the union hall and cast my BIG FAT “ NO” just go vote to make a change for you and your family, peace out!

The risk is, if the majority of the members vote no, the company can come back and say, we told you that this is our LBFO and unfortunately we have to close down operations. That is just plain reality. Its a gamble.
First I work for abf in north east ups pension is the same as mine some pensions are not in good shape but for Ne pension it's in good standings it sounds like you are just being a hater for your situation don't worry about are pension worry about yourself if you guy's were smart you would get in teamster pension and a 401k just saying good luck and yes I am a teamster for 37 years

First I work for abf in north east ups pension is the same as mine some pensions are not in good shape but for Ne pension it's in good standings it sounds like you are just being a hater for your situation don't worry about are pension worry about yourself if you guy's were smart you would get in teamster pension and a 401k just saying good luck and yes I am a teamster for 37 years
Thank you for backing up my pension information....

Your business effects everyone in the ltl industry in a round about way, what you settle for sets a standard....
And what the other union carriers excepted for a contract over the years was the beginning of the concession down fall. I wouldn't look for UPSF to pull everyone out of that rut. Our union leaders has decided to stand with the company's rather than the members but I get it, The IBT is nothing more than a business and they need the company's to stay profitable so that they can keep their customers....that would be the dues paying members. Experience has gotten them to where we are today, the demise of tens of thousands of union jobs over the years is proof. Hope Upsf is not another casualty.

I lost you on this one. I know nothing about your NE pension and we at UPSF have nothing to do with your pension. We are in a single employer completely funded pension plan and also have a 401K. I am completely happy with that.

And what the other union carriers excepted for a contract over the years was the beginning of the concession down fall. I wouldn't look for UPSF to pull everyone out of that rut. Our union leaders has decided to stand with the company's rather than the members but I get it, The IBT is nothing more than a business and they need the company's to stay profitable so that they can keep their customers....that would be the dues paying members. Experience has gotten them to where we are today, the demise of tens of thousands of union jobs over the years is proof. Hope Upsf is not another casualty.
I agree. But this business is monkey see monkey do....

Your business effects everyone in the ltl industry in a round about way, what you settle for sets a standard....
And ABF is year after year getting smaller and smaller, less revenue year after year. You may be profitable but the profit is coming less out of LTL and more out of their logistics side which does not employ teamsters. Your day is coming, till then, mind your own business and quit trying to put us out of business.