Central Transport | Bath PA Driver Almost Lost Life

realtree

TB Lurker
Credits

City driver loading his trailer of batteries for Mack trucks ...the landing gear collapse with driver on forklift ..

I'd just some of those shipping air bags, stick them under the middle and inflate them. :hysterical: Did the driver really almost lose his life? I hope not, hope he is alive and well and sporting a shiny new pair of boxers.

It would be easier to rip the front off the front and unload it.....then you will have a covered ramp.....cause the trailer is now junk

It would be easier to rip the front off the front and unload it.....then you will have a covered ramp.....cause the trailer is now junk

This is CT we are talking about here.. Duct tape and velcro will be applied to the landing gear. It will be as good as new.

did the landing gear collapse under it, or did it go up thru the floor? if the floor is ok, why not just drive in and unload it as normal ?

This is CT we are talking about here.. Duct tape and velcro will be applied to the landing gear. It will be as good as new.

Nope, Manny won't spring for the duct tape. Since the driver wasn't scanning pro numbers while he was trying to figure out what to do, his dolphin clocked him out so he was working for free. Wonder how many points he'll get??

City driver loading his trailer of batteries for Mack trucks ...the landing gear collapse with driver on forklift ..
Lets be clear here.. the guy loading this trailer is a senior Vitran crossover, he was loading batteries and was told to single them out and specifically said "I know how to load a trailer" and the landing gear gave out because he was doubling them up instead of singling any out. No one got hurt except maybe his pride.

Even in those circumstances the landing gear should have held............I would have caught it when I hooked on to it and it would have never hit the streets....In the professional world of LTL things like this happen.....But in the Central Transport world of neglected and ageing equipment this sort of thing happens much more often.... More than likely some welds have broken loose and some bolts where missing and the trailer was just poorly serviced.