ODFL | Be Careful

My opinion OD has become very slack in the matter.See OD Driver's everyday either talking or texting while driving.Seen driver yesterday heading south and had head down just texting away.So Sad and if driver has a wreck or get's a ticket OD just throw's the Written Rules and they are covered and driver is let go with a lot of regret's and a empty pocket looking for a job to pay the ticket.

My opinion OD has become very slack in the matter.See OD Driver's everyday either talking or texting while driving.Seen driver yesterday heading south and had head down just texting away.So Sad and if driver has a wreck or get's a ticket OD just throw's the Written Rules and they are covered and driver is let go with a lot of regret's and a empty pocket looking for a job to pay the ticket.
I had heard that a co-worker snitched to corperate safety... kinda a lowlife thing to do your fellow mates behind the wheel

I see it happen but if you can see that small truck number traveling at 65 mph while you're driving 65 in the opposite direction from the other side of the interstate you've got way better eyesight than me.

The Columbias are easy to get the last three numbers in our slow moving traffic here and then just match it to the truck when I get to the yard.

You sure make this sound like an OD management problem. What should management do if a driver is caught texting? As for me, I'm not worried about it because I don't do it but I surely do not condone anyone else getting by with it either. I'm sure management would love to hear your solution.

You sure make this sound like an OD management problem. What should management do if a driver is caught texting? As for me, I'm not worried about it because I don't do it but I surely do not condone anyone else getting by with it either. I'm sure management would love to hear your solution.
It is against the law.Period !!!So if you get a ticket.OD will let you go.Same has if you are caught by Management.You should be terminated.No Exception''s

That's a fine for the company also if you're caught in OD's truck am I right?
No head set while on a cell phone, the federal regs allow up to 2500.00 to the driver & 11,500.00 to the company. Those are the max fines possible. The amount you are fined differs from region to region. von.

The Columbias are easy to get the last three numbers in our slow moving traffic here and then just match it to the truck when I get to the yard.
My question is do you do this on the clock? Hmmm! Inquiring minds need to know. Do what one of our guys did. Buy a pair of binoculars. Says he's bird watching. Oops, while driving. I haven't heard anything, I'm married to I-5.

My question is do you do this on the clock? Hmmm! Inquiring minds need to know. Do what one of our guys did. Buy a pair of binoculars. Says he's bird watching. Oops, while driving. I haven't heard anything, I'm married to I-5.

None of that matters. Were you the guy that rolled a set of triples out of pdx 8-10 years ago? Maybe that was another poster, but the name sounds familiar.