XPO | Becareful what you say on truckingboards!

So, management has underlings trolling TB 's. to the expressed purpose of monitoring employees posts?
And there have been incidents of backlash/attempted intimidation for their anonymous posts?

So, management has underlings trolling TB 's. to the expressed purpose of monitoring employees posts?
And there have been incidents of backlash/attempted intimidation for their anonymous posts?
I have heard of funny looks while at the dispatch window, managers trying to figure out who one might be and one letter threatening legal action if it continued. We have had quite a few problems solved by airing them out here though. :clapping:

My freedom of speech say God bless and thank any con-way/ XPO teamster that gave me a dollar raise to begin the year or have all but myself forgot that

Well with that attitude, I'd say stock up on vasoline!!!
My attitude is fine and if it gets to a point where I think I need a supply of vasoline, then I'll start thinking about finding another job. Untill such time, I have decided it's best to trust the new management. I strongly believe that I should not worry over outcomes which I cannot affect. That being said, since I have no control over what goes on at the top, I have decided to trust them until proven wrong. Even though people are free to express their opinions, doesn't mean I have to like them and I don't to see people sowing seeds of doubt and mistrust before anything has even happened, before any policy changes have went into effect. Such negativity is simply not conducive to good work practices or building trust between labor and management.

My attitude is fine and if it gets to a point where I think I need a supply of vasoline, then I'll start thinking about finding another job. Untill such time, I have decided it's best to trust the new management. I strongly believe that I should not worry over outcomes which I cannot affect. That being said, since I have no control over what goes on at the top, I have decided to trust them until proven wrong. Even though people are free to express their opinions, doesn't mean I have to like them and I don't to see people sowing seeds of doubt and mistrust before anything has even happened, before any policy changes have went into effect. Such negativity is simply not conducive to good work practices or building trust between labor and management.
The problem with America today is the people believe they are powerless, because our government and corporations want us to believe we are powerless when nothing could be further from the truth.

The problem with America today is the people believe they are powerless, because our government and corporations want us to believe we are powerless when nothing could be further from the truth.

And those who remain stoned and drunk are truly powerless, as they vote in democrats who enslave them in the belief that they are powerless; to empower yourself, realize that hard work is the key to ending personal slavery.

And those who remain stoned and drunk are truly powerless, as they vote in democrats who enslave them in the belief that they are powerless; to empower yourself, realize that hard work is the key to ending personal slavery.
Hard work doesn't prevent our government and our multinational corporations from closing all the factories and shipping hard working Americans jobs overseas. When the people stand up and vote the politicians out and keep voting them out Republicans and democrats, that's when America will truly be great again.

there will never be "trust" between labor & management.Our relationship is purely "financial"

i'm right there with you in your thinking,but salesmen and scm's had meetings to be shown" the new plan". us drivers have been given the" trust us speech" well i need more than that! what i know for fact with my own eyes is jackets were given out to only city drivers because they face the customer! so when i'm running late and they want me to take freight to a customer to make service i guess i'll need to politely refuse right! after all i'm not in the correct attire! my truck went down to the shop the other night for an easy quick repair, the shop said they can't fix anything till the new year.REALLY!! i thought he was pulling my leg but a fellow driver from another barn confirmed that he was told the same.so why would you not just fix the truck and keep the invoice on the desk till next year?there is a truck down there with that $5 stiker on the doors as seen in the thread "rebrand",is that the new rebranding?has anyone actually seen a rebranded truck like the one at xpo's website being used to haul freight? so far from a drivers viewpoint one can only see nothing good coming from xpo.... i see nothing but cheesiness coming from jacobs AND i'm still waiting to be impressed by this guy!!!!!!!!!! P.S MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone (except for you,and you know who you are)

there will never be "trust" between labor & management.Our relationship is purely "financial"

Never? That's a pretty strong statement- are you a Teamster?

The financial portion is definitely a big part of the relationship, but I've gotta ask- if you don't trust the people that sign your paychecks, then why on earth do you work there? It's no different from any other relationship- sometimes people make mistakes, and it doesn't mean they don't value your contribution or are "out to get you". It also doesn't justify painting them as villains.

I see way too many drivers that find one thing they don't like or that impacts them negatively and they take that one thing and use it to justify completely changing the way they look at their company. (For example, freezing the pension or changing the vacation policy.) Now they're just looking for things to justify their lousy attitude. Instead of taking those individual decisions as blanket indications of nefarious intent, why not just take them at face value and move on with your life?