XPO | Becareful what you say on truckingboards!

us drivers have been given the" trust us speech" well i need more than that! what i know for fact with my own eyes is jackets were given out to only city drivers because they face the customer! so when i'm running late and they want me to take freight to a customer to make service i guess i'll need to politely refuse right! after all i'm not in the correct attire!

Because making the customer suffer because you didn't get a jacket first makes perfect sense. That'll show 'em.

The fact is, LH drivers that deliver freight are rare- surely you know that. You must have also missed the part about how the new jackets for the city guys are temporary and the first people to get the permanent uniform jackets will be.. wait for it.. Linehaul drivers.

my truck went down to the shop the other night for an easy quick repair, the shop said they can't fix anything till the new year.REALLY!! i thought he was pulling my leg but a fellow driver from another barn confirmed that he was told the same.so why would you not just fix the truck and keep the invoice on the desk till next year?

Because that's not what he was told to do? Everything is computerized- you can't just pretend like you didn't do the work until Jan. 1 and even if you could that's not exactly a beacon of integrity. It's the end of the year, they always tighten the purse strings at the end of the year. Did you have a truck to drive? Probably- I'm sure they told the shops something like "Don't fix it unless there's nothing else available."

there is a truck down there with that $5 stiker on the doors as seen in the thread "rebrand",is that the new rebranding?has anyone actually seen a rebranded truck like the one at xpo's website being used to haul freight?

It's the end of the year- they don't want to spend any money. (Remember, they wouldn't fix your truck?) And really, who cares what's on the truck? It's a big fleet- they'll get around to it eventually. All you have to do is keep doing your job- it doesn't matter what's on the truck or what uniforms you're wearing when you do it.

so far from a drivers viewpoint one can only see nothing good coming from xpo...

Nothing good? Really? Because they haven't rebranded your truck yet, wouldn't fix it before the new year, and gave the city drivers new jackets before you got one? Ouch.

i see nothing but cheesiness coming from jacobs AND i'm still waiting to be impressed by this guy!!!!!!!!!!

He's a corporate executive- they all sound like that. Patience, grasshopper.

P.S MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone (except for you,and you know who you are)

Merry Christmas!

Nothing good? Really? Because they haven't rebranded your truck yet, wouldn't fix it before the new year, and gave the city drivers new jackets before you got one? Ouch.
WOW! A jacket. City guys got them first because more people see them than if a line haul driver wore one. Jackets are chump change and are written off on taxes, all you're doing is promoting the XPO name for free. Second best thing behind a ballcap.

WOW! A jacket. City guys got them first because more people see them than if a line haul driver wore one. Jackets are chump change and are written off on taxes, all you're doing is promoting the XPO name for free. Second best thing behind a ballcap.
Something wrong with promoting the company that pays you? Are you promoting your company while driving your company's equip, for free?

Never? That's a pretty strong statement- are you a Teamster?

The financial portion is definitely a big part of the relationship, but I've gotta ask- if you don't trust the people that sign your paychecks, then why on earth do you work there? It's no different from any other relationship- sometimes people make mistakes, and it doesn't mean they don't value your contribution or are "out to get you". It also doesn't justify painting them as villains.

I see way too many drivers that find one thing they don't like or that impacts them negatively and they take that one thing and use it to justify completely changing the way they look at their company. (For example, freezing the pension or changing the vacation policy.) Now they're just looking for things to justify their lousy attitude. Instead of taking those individual decisions as blanket indications of nefarious intent, why not just take them at face value and move on with your life?
Dam, dude you really over think it,.let me ask you this, would you stay if they said "trust"us the check is the mail? Or we "like" you because of the work you produce,and because we like you,we'll pay you more,.No There really is NO "relationship" when to money runs dry..My tolorence of YRC is 100% based on the amount of my paycheck..

Last edited:
No There really is NO "relationship" when to money runs dry.

Of course there isn't- no one is going to work for free. That's not what you said in your original statement- you said "there will never be trust between labor and management"", not "there will never be trust between labor and management as long as we're not getting paid.". I disagree with the idea that you can't trust someone just because you work for them- on the contrary, I think you can and it's better for everyone if you do.

My tolorence of YRC is 100% based on the amount of my paycheck..

Ha! Knew it.

Because making the customer suffer because you didn't get a jacket first makes perfect sense. That'll show 'em.

The fact is, LH drivers that deliver freight are rare- surely you know that. You must have also missed the part about how the new jackets for the city guys are temporary and the first people to get the permanent uniform jackets will be.. wait for it.. Linehaul drivers.

Because that's not what he was told to do? Everything is computerized- you can't just pretend like you didn't do the work until Jan. 1 and even if you could that's not exactly a beacon of integrity. It's the end of the year, they always tighten the purse strings at the end of the year. Did you have a truck to drive? Probably- I'm sure they told the shops something like "Don't fix it unless there's nothing else available."

It's the end of the year- they don't want to spend any money. (Remember, they wouldn't fix your truck?) And really, who cares what's on the truck? It's a big fleet- they'll get around to it eventually. All you have to do is keep doing your job- it doesn't matter what's on the truck or what uniforms you're wearing when you do it.

He's a corporate executive- they all sound like that. Patience, grasshopper.

Merry Christmas!
you must be corp!so i need to spend my money on a jacket while others do not! yes cheesy!,those big ugly squares on the truck have you no pride in your ride,oh wait ur the numbskull who just gets in and drives and lets other people take care of the truck RIGHT!,so not fixing something so ur books look a little better and holding off maint... thats not under ur integrity umbrella? yeah i drove another truck and when i hit the brakes hard to avoid an animal she went dead left! yes i love driving trucks other then my own its sooooo rewarding,our terminal has yet 2 have any kind of meeting post st .louis unlike other terminals t.u.v.m

Of course there isn't- no one is going to work for free. That's not what you said in your original statement- you said "there will never be trust between labor and management"", not "there will never be trust between labor and management as long as we're not getting paid.". I disagree with the idea that you can't trust someone just because you work for them- on the contrary, I think you can and it's better for everyone if you do.

Ha! Knew it.
A relationship is trust, And to be clear my relationship with my employer is a "financial" one only..Do you trust that they used our givebacks to pay down THIER debt,,THEIR debt not ours..I dont trust a single one of them.

Never? That's a pretty strong statement- are you a Teamster?

The financial portion is definitely a big part of the relationship, but I've gotta ask- if you don't trust the people that sign your paychecks, then why on earth do you work there? It's no different from any other relationship- sometimes people make mistakes, and it doesn't mean they don't value your contribution or are "out to get you". It also doesn't justify painting them as villains.

I see way too many drivers that find one thing they don't like or that impacts them negatively and they take that one thing and use it to justify completely changing the way they look at their company. (For example, freezing the pension or changing the vacation policy.) Now they're just looking for things to justify their lousy attitude. Instead of taking those individual decisions as blanket indications of nefarious intent, why not just take them at face value and move on with your life?
NEFARIOUS;( evil,immoral,flagrant ).one thing! really! seriously!u just knocked off two at the tip of the iceburg. its quite clear ur a lib, never stood up 4 ne thing im guessing.u can let people run all over u OR u dont let people run all over u! those r the only 2 option u have, again its quite clear where u stand!!!!!!!

you must be corp!

I assume you mean someone from the corporate office- no, I'm a DSR.

so i need to spend my money on a jacket while others do not!

What happened to your Con-way jackets? Why would you have to buy one?

those big ugly squares on the truck have you no pride in your ride,

It's not my ride, it's XPO's ride. Do you think they care if you like their rebranding plan?

so not fixing something so ur books look a little better and holding off maint... thats not under ur integrity umbrella? yeah i drove another truck and when i hit the brakes hard to avoid an animal she went dead left!

Deferring maintenance for a couple weeks has nothing to do with integrity. As I suspected, they gave you another truck to drive. I'm sure you took that truck to the shop and let them know about the braking issue. No one likes driving a swap truck, but when you drive for someone else you're stuck driving what they give you.

our terminal has yet 2 have any kind of meeting post st .louis unlike other terminals t.u.v.m

Don't feel too bad about it- they didn't really announce anything new in St. Louis that they hadn't said already or that you wouldn't expect any new leadership to say.

one thing! really! seriously!u just knocked off two at the tip of the iceburg.

You completely missed my point. Many drivers have one decision where they'll tell you the company stopped caring about its employees, or where they stopped caring about the company. It will come up every time the company makes a decision they don't like. I don't believe they stopped caring about their employees. Do I like or agree with all of their decisions? Of course not. But they don't ask me, so what choice do I have? They have people that get paid a lot of money to stress out about those decisions- I'm not one of them, so I don't.

its quite clear ur a lib, never stood up 4 ne thing im guessing.

I was a numbskull, now I'm a "lib" and a pushover. Novel tactic, insulting people that are trying to have a discussion with you. On Christmas Eve, too. Classy. I like it.

u can let people run all over u OR u dont let people run all over u! those r the only 2 option u have, again its quite clear where u stand!!!!!!!

You're absolutely right. If you hadn't stood up for yourself, you might have had to take a swap truck the other night. They might have made you wait for an XPO jacket because you're linehaul. Since you made your voice heard, you're still accruing your pension and never lost that week of vacation. Thanks to your giant stones, you got to go to that special meeting where Brad told you everything about the merger and put your truck first on the list to get the new graphics that you approved, and you don't even have to wait until after the first of the year.

If only I had been so bold.

I assume you mean someone from the corporate office- no, I'm a DSR.

What happened to your Con-way jackets? Why would you have to buy one?

It's not my ride, it's XPO's ride. Do you think they care if you like their rebranding plan?

Deferring maintenance for a couple weeks has nothing to do with integrity. As I suspected, they gave you another truck to drive. I'm sure you took that truck to the shop and let them know about the braking issue. No one likes driving a swap truck, but when you drive for someone else you're stuck driving what they give you.

Don't feel too bad about it- they didn't really announce anything new in St. Louis that they hadn't said already or that you wouldn't expect any new leadership to say.
we'll try this again,if you dont get a jacket from corp then i need to supply my own, does j.c penny have a free jacket program? or i could just not wear one at all,you see i would rather walk around with my new company logos not the dead one.when you look like a cheap outfit which is what those trucks look like u'll get treated like one,not doing repairs to make your bottom line look better at years end is the same as leaving invoice on desk till 1st of year both have no integrity but the latter fixes the problem,not to mention the shop is just sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing,wouldn't fix'n stuff be more productive then playing solitare on computer?the swap is the one with brake prob my is a starter,

Last edited:
You completely missed my point. Many drivers have one decision where they'll tell you the company stopped caring about its employees, or where they stopped caring about the company. It will come up every time the company makes a decision they don't like. I don't believe they stopped caring about their employees. Do I like or agree with all of their decisions? Of course not. But they don't ask me, so what choice do I have? They have people that get paid a lot of money to stress out about those decisions- I'm not one of them, so I don't.

I was a numbskull, now I'm a "lib" and a pushover. Novel tactic, insulting people that are trying to have a discussion with you. On Christmas Eve, too. Classy. I like it.

You're absolutely right. If you hadn't stood up for yourself, you might have had to take a swap truck the other night. They might have made you wait for an XPO jacket because you're linehaul. Since you made your voice heard, you're still accruing your pension and never lost that week of vacation. Thanks to your giant stones, you got to go to that special meeting where Brad told you everything about the merger and put your truck first on the list to get the new graphics that you approved, and you don't even have to wait until after the first of the year.

If only I had been so bold.
it must be awfully lonely in that room,never heard of a union being formed because workers were happy at work,but they gave some cash and crowd went away,and so didn't corp! laughing all the way saying" that was easy we didn't have to give up ne more than that! that's a win/win 4 us boys"! and if you think for one minute they actually care please sell your crazy somewhere else i'm not buying at this time!and lastly if it walks,quacks,and looks like a duck,well it's a duck

Last edited:
What I don't understand is it has to be fixed, what difference does it make when you do it? it's going to cost the same amount of money and take the same amount of time. All it changes is the date on some spreadsheet

Last edited:
What I don't understand is it has to be fixed, what difference does it make when you do it? it's going to cost the same amount of money and take the same amount of time. All it changes is the date on some spreadsheet
ahh there is commen sense still left in this world

if you dont get a jacket from corp then i need to supply my own, does j.c penny have a free jacket program? or i could just not wear one at all,you see i would rather walk around with my new company logos not the dead one.

Oh, I see now. You're just unhappy that you don't get to wear the new logo right away. Veruca Salt would be proud. You should probably say something like, "I don't get a new XPO jacket when I want one" instead of, "they won't give me a jacket so I guess I'll just have to buy one".

when you look like a cheap outfit which is what those trucks look like u'll get treated like one

Just about everyone but you seems to understand that rebranding an enormous trucking company is not simple, fast or cheap. I think our customers would understand if we had different logos for a while and some of them looked temporary.

it must be awfully lonely in that room,never heard of a union being formed because workers were happy at work,

We're still a non-union company, so I guess most folks are pretty happy.

they gave some cash and crowd went away,and so didn't corp! laughing all the way saying" that was easy we didn't have to give up ne more than that! that's a win/win 4 us boys"!

They probably didn't even have to give up as much as they did- that organizing drive was a joke. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

The date is important- accountants and shareholders look at how much profit you made in 2015. If you don't fix the truck until 2016, that makes your profit in 2015 bigger. We're far from the only ones who tighten our belts in December. It's no different than you waiting to buy that new TV until you've got extra money in the bank.

I agree Gene.
None of these companies are perfect. The companies are only as good as the people running them at the top of the food chain. If you have a bad terminal manager, he can bring the entire terminal down. The only chance that a company has of being as close as possible to perfect, is to have real good management at the very top, and someone that is willing to throw out the bad eggs that are running terminals and have direct contact with the employees.
I've always believed that a happy employee is a good working employee, and if a mgt. leader pisses everyone off, they'll drag their feet, and eventually cripple the company.
Bad numbers usually have a direct connection with bad morale, and if XPO is to prosper, Mr. Jacobs will have to eliminate those that are bringing down morale.

This uniform issue is silly, in my opinion. There are a lot of companies that don't even have uniforms, never have, never will. It's my opinion that you should be representing your company with professionalism and integrity at all times, uniform or not. The customers and the public see what truck you got out of and know who you drive for, so you should feel like you're being looked at at all times, so be professional at all times.

Be patient on the uniform issue.

This uniform issue is silly, in my opinion. There are a lot of companies that don't even have uniforms, never have, never will. It's my opinion that you should be representing your company with professionalism and integrity at all times, uniform or not. The customers and the public see what truck you got out of and know who you drive for, so you should feel like you're being looked at at all times, so be professional at all times.

Be patient on the uniform issue.
If they want to look sharp and wear a uniform, they can join the Marine's. Actually you will get a new uniform the first day and told how to wear it. Wow! I just amaze myself sometimes. Where does all this wisdom come from?