XPO | Becareful what you say on truckingboards!

Thanks, high speeds, I did loose some things when I left. Vacation time a little bit of transition money in 401 k . But the match at my current employer is better anyway. I am climbing to top pay and I do have about 6 under me at our small barn. I hope for the best for those who remain there. The future is uncertain for sure for you guy's. It's a gamble any direction you take these days.

Good points SG, I had 31 yrs with them,called it a day and retired.When the pension was frozen so was the production.Go figure.They should have done a prorated reduction,instead of gutting the whole co,What they saved short term ,what was the long term cost of freezing the pension?CCX was THE LEADER in LTL,not anymore.Why? 740 mil for CFI. High price for used equip,customers ?and 100% driver turnover.That money could have paid a lot of pensions.They still paid a good wage and health bennies,so i did as I was told,did a good job,I didn't throw sand in the gears, No more pension,no more extra effort on my part.I just couldn't take a f'n that bad and not give it back. I got the last laugh,bought a ton of con-job stock in 08, thanks Doug S,I'm sure it's only lunch money for you but I can live nicely for the rest of my life.Thanks for the 47.60 a share Brad.I bought at 17.80.........

Grats on the stock purchase.

But yeah, the sand in the gears attitude has prevailed for a few years now. XPO comes in and places expectations of those gears turning properly. Then what do you do ? After years of conditioning yourself to a system of failure and ineptitude ?

You have jumped out of the truck. Doesn't effect you any more. But for those still here. They have to choose. Do I stay and lend my effort to knowing I will never get any of what the now dead and gone Con-way promised ? Or do I go drive somewhere else and lend my effort against a XPO company that saw value in taking advantage of all that I have lost ?

It's a tricky decision. And this guy ain't done buying or growing the XPO monster. We are a very small slice of what he does. It's a hard one to get your head completely around.

What will that change ? How will it help ? Do you realize our situation ?
No, I don't fully understand your situation. Corporations are becoming more and brazen in their poor treatment of employees. At some point unions will make a comeback( hopefully not ibt since it's totally corrupt and ineffectual at the top). Working conditions will continue to deteriorate until we reorganize to stop it.

No, I don't fully understand your situation. Corporations are becoming more and brazen in their poor treatment of employees. At some point unions will make a comeback( hopefully not ibt since it's totally corrupt and ineffectual at the top). Working conditions will continue to deteriorate until we reorganize to stop it.

I completely agree with all of that.

The vacation takeaway really pissed me off. The pension takeaway didn't bother me until they suspended the 401(k) contributions. In the end, I did the math and realized it would be foolish to quit after so many years, so I hung on, and now I'm enjoying my retirement.

If I were still working, I'd give XPO a chance before I made a decision that would change my life.

The vacation takeaway really pissed me off. The pension takeaway didn't bother me until they suspended the 401(k) contributions. In the end, I did the math and realized it would be foolish to quit after so many years, so I hung on, and now I'm enjoying my retirement.

If I were still working, I'd give XPO a chance before I made a decision that would change my life.

How much of a chance ?

How long would you stay if things started trending poorly ?

How much leeway would you give for the bad economy and the election ?

How much would you take the performance and compensation changes at other LTLs into account ?

How much of a chance ?

How long would you stay if things started trending poorly ?

How much leeway would you give for the bad economy and the election ?

How much would you take the performance and compensation changes at other LTLs into account ?

That would depend on how much time I had already put in. If I were a young buck and things started looking bad, I'd be gone in a NY minute. Close to retirement would be a completely different outcome.

LTL's aren't the only fish in the lake.

That would depend on how much time I had already put in. If I were a young buck and things started looking bad, I'd be gone in a NY minute. Close to retirement would be a completely different outcome.

LTL's aren't the only fish in the lake.

Obviously, anyone within five years of retirement is riding it out regardless.

Assuming you were 5+ years from retirement. How short is your leash with XPO ?

Yes, sir. I am finding that LTLs are actually a small segment of the trucking world.

Obviously, anyone within five years of retirement is riding it out regardless.

Assuming you were 5+ years from retirement. How short is your leash with XPO ?

Yes, sir. I am finding that LTLs are actually a small segment of the trucking world.
call your terminal in mourning ask to be put on hold,and just listen! i know it's propaganda but just listen. i too am thinking of jumping ship if o.d does move up here. i have 9 years in and i don't want to go but this is the first time i feel insecure of our job security.if they do i have to pull the trigger and go! and with this land air thing. i've had two trailers to xpq four outta the last six days and this could be good mainly for the eastern seaboard

call your terminal in mourning ask to be put on hold,and just listen! i know it's propaganda but just listen. i too am thinking of jumping ship if o.d does move up here. i have 9 years in and i don't want to go but this is the first time i feel insecure of our job security.if they do i have to pull the trigger and go! and with this land air thing. i've had two trailers to xpq four outta the last six days and this could be good mainly for the eastern seaboard

Yeah, I heard the new recordings. Equally as unimpressed.

If that freight stays steady how long until he has a regional carrier pulling it ?

Yeah, I heard the new recordings. Equally as unimpressed.

If that freight stays steady how long until he has a regional carrier pulling it ?
cheap freight is hauled by cheap companies,owed by cheap owners,driven by cheap drivers who fail drug tests(not all of em)hence get paid less.this cali law with pay may change things alot,not all things liberal are bad!(it's a law of average thing)

cheap freight is hauled by cheap companies,owed by cheap owners,driven by cheap drivers who fail drug tests(not all of em)hence get paid less.this cali law with pay may change things alot,not all things liberal are bad!(it's a law of average thing)

What kind of carrier is XPO ? Which kind of drivers XPO looking to hire ? Do you think the Cali law will be a benefit for us ?

What kind of carrier is XPO ? Which kind of drivers XPO looking to hire ? Do you think the Cali law will be a benefit for us ?
i work line haul,when the 45's are blinking i don't do 45 m.p.h i'm trying to get to reship a.s.a.p get my trailers loaded so i can go home.our run is 11 hours punch to punch if you turn and burn,work the dock for two hours that's 13 doesn't leave much room for weather.shippers/consignees may start to rethink there position on a cheap rate quote i.e the safety of their freight(a man can dream)