ABF | "because Freight Stinks!"

boo hoo.

Poor howdy seems to have lost a few of his hard earned $$$? down tuesday from $1.92 million to $1.07 million. Guess he is tightening his belt at home? And he can't even enjoy making it up by taking a via or the placard route or maybe getting a few extra drops and hooks? Going to be a rough christmas at his house this year.

I've got my cowboy boots on. You know the kind we all wore years ago with the metal piece at the tip.

um... I'm not even going there.... I got rid of mine after I got married I think?

around here it hit 61 today. 50's tomorrow, then dropping into low 40's by end of day. but right now, looking good.

around here it hit 61 today. 50's tomorrow, then dropping into low 40's by end of day. but right now, looking good.

Tman, just to let you know how good you have it: Here in Liberty / Kansas City, Mo. at 9:17PM it's 29, low to be 23, Percip.30%, Sunrise was 7:08AM Sunset was 4:59P

Thursday
High 39
Low 21
Percipt. 10%
Sunrise 7:09AM
Sunset 4:59PM

Friday
High 44
Low 29
Percep. 10%
Sunrise 7:10AM
Sunset 4:56PM

Have a Great Day!!! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Poor howdy seems to have lost a few of his hard earned $$$? down tuesday from $1.92 million to $1.07 million. Guess he is tightening his belt at home? And he can't even enjoy making it up by taking a via or the placard route or maybe getting a few extra drops and hooks? Going to be a rough christmas at his house this year.

it's no mystery to anyone who works for companies like abf
two words "POOR MAMAGEMENT" says it all
how many customers have we lost because of things such as incompetance
for example loading a 9am appointment in the nose of a truck with 8 deliveries behind it and assigning that load to a 9am driver

missed pickups due to manpower shortages and then throw in lying to the customer dispatch methods
"oh he's on his way" and then we show up the next day for the pick up

i could go on and on but i think the point is made

middle management is more concerned with disciplining you with petty ::shit:: letters than actually doing the right thing for the well being of the job
change that attitude and the tonnage will increase for sure as we will not lose the customers that we lose:chairshot::1036316054::toxic:

for example loading a 9am appointment in the nose of a truck with 8 deliveries behind it and assigning that load to a 9am driver

missed pickups due to manpower shortages and then throw in lying to the customer dispatch methods

middle management is more concerned with disciplining you with petty ::shit:: letters than actually doing the right thing for the well being of the job
change that attitude and the tonnage will increase for sure as we will not lose the customers that we lose:chairshot::1036316054::toxic:

Sounds familiar. Are you sure you don"t work for Holland? That line "A DRIVER IS ON THE WAY" is the calling card for 95% of these so-called dispatchers. The day's of the good city dispatcher are history throughout our industry. At USF arrogancy has taken over for honesty. GRIZZ

none of this poop is new fellas. this has been status quo for years.....at just about every company on the planet

I thought I'd try sales at my first union LTL trucking company.
So I went to my TM,and asked for the job seeing the company was looking for someone.
My TM says theres just no way you could ever go from a driver to sales.
I asked why not?
He said because your to honest you'd never make a good salesperson at any trucking company.

Now that was way back in 1967,so you know these trucking companies have practised fibbing for a very long time.

And you probably would have made a wonderful salesman....you know that TM was full of it. Ops and sales have never gotten alon

I tried selling cars for a bit - same deal - too honest = no $

As for the boots, mine are dusty in they closet, haven't worn them since I sold my truck in '97, but the way things are going...a long winter looks to be in store.

Like the Roaming Nome says..."Am I going to die?"

When I read a post like yours it reminds me why i left the City and came to linehaul.