TForce | Before You Sign a Card...........

HEAVY-METAL

TB Lurker
Credits
I just want everyone whose even thinking about signing a union card to think hard about one thing; "Why are the teamsters so hell-bent on us being union? And, why do teamster drivers at other companys give a Rat's *** if we're union or not?" Really. When you strip away all the talking points they give us and get right down to the brass tacks, what do THEY stand to gain. They're not doing it for nothing. They must need something WE have. Just a hint.....$$$$$$$ Yours and mine. It's that simple.

It is very clear that upsf or overnite is not going to give us overtime after 8/ 40 and get rid of the waiting a hour before the delay kicks in after your cut time. and they are not going to give us full pay for waiting. so I think it is time we get it ourselfs.I think the teamsters really want us also because we are UPS.This would make all of ups transportation co. union. so that if one has problems with a contract ups has more to lose if they don't get a contract signed. more likely to make stuff right.i makes it easier for the teamsters during contract neg.It is very good for us. for the people who do not see this now. you will see once the overnite managers are gone how much we are going to need a union.Just remember what happened during the last teamsters strike was VERY stuipd on both sides.That is over and gone. This is a new co. new managers different people dealing with the teamsters.It is going to be a very smooth deal.

HEAVY-METAL said:
I just want everyone whose even thinking about signing a union card to think hard about one thing; "Why are the teamsters so hell-bent on us being union? And, why do teamster drivers at other companys give a Rat's *** if we're union or not?" Really. When you strip away all the talking points they give us and get right down to the brass tacks, what do THEY stand to gain. They're not doing it for nothing. They must need something WE have. Just a hint.....$$$$$$$ Yours and mine. It's that simple.

Also think about this, that if/when talks start everthing starts from scratch and I mean EVERTHING pay,pension,401k,medical. Possible .43 a/mile,no pension,$.35 on 3% match or no match and crapy medical.
Think about it guys...:smilie_132:

Heavy- Metal, It's a very simple concept. The more drivers we have organized the more we ALL make in dollars and benefits. I won't make one dime from you personaly. Can you not imagine that if every driver and dock worker in LTL were union that we would ALL make more collectively. You are more worried about the organization that wants to get you added pay and benefits, and less worried about the company that does'nt even pay you overtime that you deserve. They don't pay it because you as an individual can't make them do it. But collectively you can. Collectively we all can.

HEAVY-METAL said:

HM.....you do not speak for ALL drivers at Teamster companies....the more freight companys that are organized, the stronger your bargaining power.....do you think you make what you make, and have the benefits that you have because the boss loves you?

If you take away the Union standard wages, you have no where to go but DOWNHILL from there.....KK

Dreemer said:
Also think about this, that if/when talks start everthing starts from scratch and I mean EVERTHING pay,pension,401k,medical. Possible .43 a/mile,no pension,$.35 on 3% match or no match and crapy medical.

One of the main reasons they are after us is they feel we are the most attainable. Unlike Conway or the other big LTL's.

woodnnn said:
I think the teamsters really want us also because we are UPS.This would make all of ups transportation co. union. so that if one has problems with a contract ups has more to lose if they don't get a contract signed. more likely to make stuff right.i makes it easier for the teamsters during contract neg.It is very good for us.

Whether or not we join the teamsters has no bearing on talks between UPS and the teamsters.
The thing that may help now is the fact that UPS won't stand in the way if we sign cards.... but they shouldn't hold it against UPS if the employees choose not to sign.

If we go union and are in the Freight Agreement...we cannot strike with them and they cannot strike with us,so that has no relevance either.

Dreemer said:

You are correct.

Everyone that wants to sign cards think if we sign we will automatically have it made,but in reality...we could end up with less than we have now.
It all depends on what is negotiated,and that doesn't happen till after the damage is done.

That is the way I understand it to be anyway.

how could you possibly get less than you have now?...what do you think, they'll move overtime to after 55 hours???? remember, you're talking about a company that counts profits by the Billion, and the union knows that they can't cry poormouth like the hundreds of failed companies have. do yourself a favor, give the union a chance. you can always decertify if you get a raw deal. rest assured, they wouldn't present any agreement to you unless it had substantial gains...

jeff_spicoli said:
how could you possibly get less than you have now?...what do you think, they'll move overtime to after 55 hours???? remember, you're talking about a company that counts profits by the Billion, and the union knows that they can't cry poormouth like the hundreds of failed companies have. do yourself a favor, give the union a chance. you can always decertify if you get a raw deal. rest assured, they wouldn't present any agreement to you unless it had substantial gains...

Your probably right...with the exception of decertification....do you realy think that could ever happen?

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Your probably right...with the exception of decertification....do you realy think that could ever happen?

The Law is the same for a decert election if you had a card check, or if you had an election.....KK

Skeeter said:
One of the main reasons they are after us is they feel we are the most attainable. Unlike Conway or the other big LTL's.

It is because of all the other companies that have inquired about getting a union contract, Overnite employees were the biggest group to go all the way in organizing themselves.

Union Locals get calls everyday from other LTL companies wanting to meet and discuss their options. sadly, most of them realize then that they could not trust their other co-workers in trying to get support due to other reasons, ie; scared, afraid the boss might find out he/she signed, does not know of their rights under Federal Labor Laws, etc,etc.

That is what meetings are for.....INFORMATION and EDUCATION which is 10% of getting your union started, the other 90% is how you apply that information and education!.........KK

woodnnn said:
It is very clear that upsf or overnite is not going to give us overtime after 8/ 40 and get rid of the waiting a hour before the delay kicks in after your cut time. and they are not going to give us full pay for waiting. so I think it is time we get it ourselfs.I think the teamsters really want us also because we are UPS.This would make all of ups transportation co. union. so that if one has problems with a contract ups has more to lose if they don't get a contract signed. more likely to make stuff right.i makes it easier for the teamsters during contract neg.It is very good for us. for the people who do not see this now. you will see once the overnite managers are gone how much we are going to need a union.Just remember what happened during the last teamsters strike was VERY stupid on both sides.That is over and gone. This is a new co. new managers different people dealing with the teamsters.It is going to be a very smooth deal.

Where are you getting your information at teamsters.com :duh: We are getting time and a half in a year or so they all ready informed us of that. MC will be the same pay structure at the same time in about a year.

Retirement plan is at 103 percent. Can't say that about the teamsters plan. Which they have to take care of all the different companies drawing off it and most out of business. They will continue giving raises and we will continue to grow and have that great vision.:bgroovy:

Skeeter said:
Where are you getting your information at teamsters.com :duh: We are getting time and a half in a year or so they all ready informed us of that. MC will be the same pay structure at the same time in about a year.

Retirement plan is at 103 percent. Can't say that about the teamsters plan. Which they have to take care of all the different companies drawing off it and most out of business. They will continue giving raises and we will continue to grow and have that great vision.:bgroovy:
See what happens when people are not informed.....They think they are going to get a contract just like UPS......:biglaugh:

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

Decertification would be a lot harder don't fall for that one.:biglaugh:

Skeeter said:

They told us that we are going to have time after 43 42 41 then to 40 hours not after a 8 hour day and forty in a week like the other co. including the non union co. also they have no plan for delay or hooking and unhooking pay in place.still the same old overnite.TIME to change it for them

I think one reason to organize UPS Freight is..

that if their able to gain the largest non-union trucking company in the industery,It will be the springboard to organize Estes,Con way,Fedex Freight,Wards,and eveyother non-union company,they can get.

They have to start somewhere, and if its the largest company they might see that victory through to all the rest.

Although if their able to organize UPS Freight, they'll have to get a mighty sweet contract to entice workers from other non-union companies to inquire how they too can get their companies organized.

Just a thought may be just my opinion?

We are at a critical point people

I agree with Apostolic here, organizing Overnite/UPSF would be a big step towards organizing other companies. The goal of course is to share the benefits of a good union contract with as many workers as possible. Together those gutsy men and women who sign cards and vote "YES" will have a hand in bettering the lives of not only themselves, but all of those who follow.

All I know is that in France, ALL CDL drivers are union and they went on strike twice and shut down everything, they got what they wanted for all, across the board!

lol, I had original wrote about 300 words or so, but figured it was way to long winded, and besides I think I called you a bunch of names.
Anyway, briefly, To say you could possibly lose money, is gotta be the dumbest thing I have ever heard, besides the words I do come out of my mouth. There is no way you would go to $.43 mile. Your so called promise of O.T coming down, and yes you guys are always saying that promise has been broke with other fringes as well(delay/wait/drops&hooks), would be paid. Health insur paid. Isn't this what you guys are always complaining about? Besides the union that is. Just I am befuddled as to what you really want, besides to B***h all the time! No one seems to act. Does the company really frighten you that much?