Averitt | Being Followed

jmac4065

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok I have a question for some of you here, does AE have people following us around in different cities?

This is why I ask the question. Today when I stopped to do my D.O.T break I noticed I dodge car follow me into the truck stop. The car parked in front of all the trucks at the entrance of the parking lot. I paid no attention to it and made some lunch. Who ever was driving never got out of the car the whole 30 minutes I was there.

After my break I pulled out and noticed the car followed me out and east bound to NAS.
As the car passed me I tried to get the license plate but it was a paper drive out tag.

The car passed me and went the the next exit and turned back west to Memphis. The more I thought about it I seen this car follow me to the LTR yard earlier today and turn into the employee lot.

Just wondering if anyone knows if anything like this goes on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free "Great I want my money back"

Yes, Averitt hires a third party observation company that will observe us and other companies. They will radar, video tape, and measure following distance, seat belt use, and monitor cell phone use etc. But they will also issue compliments for safe driving. They target Knoxville and the NC gorge at times. Something similar to this: http://www.ismydrivingsafe.com/rs/Driver Surveillance Program.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Averitt hires a third party observation company that will observe us and other companies. They will radar, measure following distance, seat belt use, and monitor cell phone use etc. But they will also issue compliments for safe driving. They target Knoxville and the NC gorge at times.

I knew the did for the gorge but wasn't sure about other places. Thanks!

I went thru the gorge late one night very little traffic but what looked like a pickup stayed behind me the entire way...I kind of suspected it was a spot car and did 45 all the way thru...sneaky little...well you know...

I got whacked about a year ago, just before NC line going east on 40.......I came up upon a frickin Werner doing about 35mph, It was still 55mph when I pulled out, just got across the TRUCKS RIGHT LANE ONLY ZONE.....A 4 wheeler followed me into the gorge to the rest area......his report made me out to be a CRIMINAL MANIAC......When I got the call from corporate I explained what was going on, I wanted to see the video....then just gave up and received NO POINTS,,,,was told to behave myself! So now when I have someone in a 4 wheeler following me I just USE MY JAKE BRAKE and travel very slowly in no passing zones. I keep my camera handy....also looking to purchase my own personal in cab video camera .

The only time you lose points is when you are observed doing 71mph and beyond as explained in handbook.

Do safety men, terminal managers, regional managers, corp shirts, salesmen's company cars governed at 65 mph? I'd bring this upbif they tried to lay points on me. This is a blatant double standard that could be easily won in court. What's good for the goose.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Ok I have a question for some of you here, does AE have people following us around in different cities?

This is why I ask the question. Today when I stopped to do my D.O.T break I noticed I dodge car follow me into the truck stop. The car parked in front of all the trucks at the entrance of the parking lot. I paid no attention to it and made some lunch. Who ever was driving never got out of the car the whole 30 minutes I was there.

After my break I pulled out and noticed the car followed me out and east bound to NAS.
As the car passed me I tried to get the license plate but it was a paper drive out tag.

The car passed me and went the the next exit and turned back west to Memphis. The more I thought about it I seen this car follow me to the LTR yard earlier today and turn into the employee lot.

Just wondering if anyone knows if anything like this goes on?

You have interstate freight on, no doubt, so you have evry right to call the police and tell them that you are being followed. Give them location and description and make the guys day more interesting. WHy not? IT'S BEEN DONE BEFORE, MORE THAN ONCE.

When someone asks me where I'm going or what do I have on, over the CB I ignore them or just say OVER YONDER, or SOME OF THIS AND SOME OF THAT. I watch myself around Dallas/Houston, Miami and Atlanta. When going down hills in the Interstate, I let her roll, keeping under 75 mph. The video people are active around Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville and of course the GORGE!......Just another day at this office.:shift: :smilie93C_peelout:

Does anyone feel themselves puckering up driving thru Cookville...especially around 5pm...I can imagine official people keeping an eye out as they go home...

Do safety men, terminal managers, regional managers, corp shirts, salesmen's company cars governed at 65 mph? I'd bring this upbif they tried to lay points on me. This is a blatant double standard that could be easily won in court. What's good for the goose.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
They are held to the same standard and guidelines as drivers, points for accidents etc.

You have interstate freight on, no doubt, so you have evry right to call the police and tell them that you are being followed. Give them location and description and make the guys day more interesting. WHy not? IT'S BEEN DONE BEFORE, MORE THAN ONCE.

While this is true, but unless you are in fear for your life you are wasting 911 call center's time and a Trooper that could be using his time more wisely. He has all the credentials and legal right to do his job, I imagine most state police would applaud and support his mission. 95% of the drivers I have spoken with never saw their observer. He is stealth for the most part, blending in with high tech observation equipment, he doesn't have to be up your trailer door to get accurate footage. It's all about accountability, Conway and other's have on board camera's. In today's world and government regulations Averitt is just trying to cover their, our, tail. Most of the violations I have been told of was preceded by tailgating and improper lane changing, not just speeding.

Does anyone feel themselves puckering up driving thru Cookville...especially around 5pm...I can imagine official people keeping an eye out as they go home...

I know for a fact, that there are people who work for Averitt or are residents of Putnam and surrounding counties, that will "Drop The Dime" on you in a heartbeat! Especially if you interrupt their 7 CD bible study while driving, when you pass them.

While this is true, but unless you are in fear for your life you are wasting 911 call center's time and a Trooper that could be using his time more wisely. He has all the credentials and legal right to do his job, I imagine most state police would applaud and support his mission. 95% of the drivers I have spoken with never saw their observer. He is stealth for the most part, blending in with high tech observation equipment, he doesn't have to be up your trailer door to get accurate footage. It's all about accountability, Conway and other's have on board camera's. In today's world and government regulations Averitt is just trying to cover their, our, tail. Most of the violations I have been told of was preceded by tailgating and improper lane changing, not just speeding.

I don't think your wasting anybodys time for calling the cops. They fingerprint us and all for homeland security, supposedlly......who knows if they are following for the company or following for sinister reasons unless the police investigate? Maybe it is homeland security if ya spend alot of time posting here? They spy on ya for anything anymore. MIght as well give them some real work....let them spy on your company spy...see how THEY like it. Maybe homeland security IS the better call. They are not so much like emergency as cops are.

Does the company compensate as perfectlly as they expect you guys to be?
Do they like being watched as much as they like watching?

I'm saying that if you have a true fear of personal safety you must make the call, but to make a call just to get back at the company for observing our driving is just plain wrong. Did I mention that several of my friends have received letters of praise for their professionalism? So this swings each way. I can only speak for me, I am paid to go from point A to point B with safety to myself and more importantly the general public as priority one. Personally the fact that one company is monitoring my driving habits does not bother me, I didn't get 21 years safe driving by acting stupid on the highways. The general public is the one who is watching us, and my pay scale has zero to do with how I drive.

When someone asks me where I'm going or what do I have on, over the CB I ignore them or just say OVER YONDER, or SOME OF THIS AND SOME OF THAT. I watch myself around Dallas/Houston, Miami and Atlanta. When going down hills in the Interstate, I let her roll, keeping under 75 mph. The video people are active around Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville and of course the GORGE!......Just another day at this office.:shift: :smilie93C_peelout:

Although there are few, I encounter a couple hills where with 40k I've seen 84. I let her roll!

They are held to the same standard and guidelines as drivers, points for accidents etc.
But, will their assigned company cars exceed 65 mph? Answer, yes of course. I followed a salesman down the freeway one day in my car and they were upwards of 70 mph.