Yellow | Believing a LIE without facts.....

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
James Welch said that even with the reduced wages and pension YRC's compensation package is still better than the competition. We'll if you don't do your research and look for information then you mite just believe that. If you have been at YRC for 20 plus years and have not had to look for a job in over 20 years then you don't really know what's out there and you mite believe that statement also. I go strictly on facts and numbers that I can put on paper and add them up. And the facts are with the 15% wage reduction that's puts the sleeper team mileage pay splitting 0.544 cents a mile or .27 cents for each driver and 21.04 an hour for delay time and no retirement. A lot of guys still say that we have free insurance. We'll regardless of how you label it my 15% give back in 2013 was just over $15,000. So I payed $300 per week for my health and welfare in my opinion. FACT.......EVERY JOB OFFER AND I REPEAT!!! EVERY JOB OFFER I RECEIVED SINCE I STARTED LOOKING to leave YRC has offered at least 0.56 cents per mile to run teams. The lowest matching 401k I was offered was a 6% match. The medium or average premium for medical, dental, and vision was about $150.00 per week for the best plan with the low deductible. And all of them offered assigned equipment. Now I know jobs will vary depending on what part of the region you are in. But the point of my post is educate yourself and do your own research and get the facts instead of just believing everything you are told. Once again if I have said anything that has offended anyone in any way I apologize in advance. God Bless.

agree 100% , that is what MR Welch is counting on the fact that guys that have been here 10 to 15 years won't go out and see whats out there , also alot of people are hung up on the OT pay issue , but if you do the MATH & take our top pay at 60 hour week & compare it to say Old Dom. top pay of $25.00 , on a 60 hour week they still take home more pay , with out OT pay , & plus they get a 6% 401-k match , or you can compare it to Fed Ex at $26. top pay , just saying it is good to know the facts & do the math !!!

Bumper sticker I read the other day..YRC..The largest unionized ltl carrier paying non union wages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

love to see what company pays 6 percent .............and that was the lowest don't buy it ..................maybe up in north dakota oil fields you might see 6 or higher most don't match more then 3-5 percent into your 401k

James Welch said that even with the reduced wages and pension YRC's compensation package is still better than the competition. We'll if you don't do your research and look for information then you mite just believe that. If you have been at YRC for 20 plus years and have not had to look for a job in over 20 years then you don't really know what's out there and you mite believe that statement also. I go strictly on facts and numbers that I can put on paper and add them up. And the facts are with the 15% wage reduction that's puts the sleeper team mileage pay splitting 0.544 cents a mile or .27 cents for each driver and 21.04 an hour for delay time and no retirement. A lot of guys still say that we have free insurance. We'll regardless of how you label it my 15% give back in 2013 was just over $15,000. So I payed $300 per week for my health and welfare in my opinion. FACT.......EVERY JOB OFFER AND I REPEAT!!! EVERY JOB OFFER I RECEIVED SINCE I STARTED LOOKING to leave YRC has offered at least 0.56 cents per mile to run teams. The lowest matching 401k I was offered was a 6% match. The medium or average premium for medical, dental, and vision was about $150.00 per week for the best plan with the low deductible. And all of them offered assigned equipment. Now I know jobs will vary depending on what part of the region you are in. But the point of my post is educate yourself and do your own research and get the facts instead of just believing everything you are told. Once again if I have said anything that has offended anyone in any way I apologize in advance. God Bless.

love to see what company pays 6 percent .............and that was the lowest don't buy it ..................maybe up in north dakota oil fields you might see 6 or higher most don't match more then 3-5 percent into your 401k

talk to any Old Dom. drivers or call them or apply , that is what they pay is up to a 6% match of what you put in , so if you put in 3% they do 3% and if you do 6% they 6% , so 12% a week in a 401-k is sweet and plus you control it & plus when you die you family keeps the balance left not the union !!!

agree 100% , that is what MR Welch is counting on the fact that guys that have been here 10 to 15 years won't go out and see whats out there , also alot of people are hung up on the OT pay issue , but if you do the MATH & take our top pay at 60 hour week & compare it to say Old Dom. top pay of $25.00 , on a 60 hour week they still take home more pay , with out OT pay , & plus they get a 6% 401-k match , or you can compare it to Fed Ex at $26. top pay , just saying it is good to know the facts & do the math !!!

So lets do the math both ways ok. OD makes $25 per hour. 40 hour week is $1000 gross. $150 per week in medical is 15%. Looks like we are even now huh. 401k match is just that a MATCH. So you put in the max at 6%, now OD is behind us and you havent even figured in the overtime pay yet. Like I said do the math both ways.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

talk to any Old Dom. drivers or call them or apply , that is what they pay is up to a 6% match of what you put in , so if you put in 3% they do 3% and if you do 6% they 6% , so 12% a week in a 401-k is sweet and plus you control it & plus when you die you family keeps the balance left not the union !!!

Pretty sweet but youre still here?

well re read he said lowest is 6 percent
secondly remember

check this ,,,,,, at one time,,,,,,, years ago,,,,, along time ago,,,,,,,,,, what the company matches they can come back and borrow there part they matched of yours and they go broke you lose that

accept what you put in ,is my understanding,,,,,,, might want to check that law just saying

well put CB 309

secondly remember

check this ,,,,,, at one time,,,,,,, years ago,,,,, along time ago,,,,,,,,,, what the company matches they can come back and borrow there part they matched of yours and they go broke you lose that

accept what you put in ,is my understanding,,,,,,, might want to check that law just saying

secondly remember

Not exactly true. It's your money to keep whenever their contributions are vested. That's spelled out in the documentation.

When I die my wife keeps getting a check .

What Welch and YRC counts on is not ignorance to the fact that our wages and benefits are basically the same or below other trucking companies. Management banks on our divide & the fact that we have become set in our ways of accepting whatever simply because the majority feels they are either to old or to lazy to start over anywhere else.

When I die my wife keeps getting a check .

correct she keeps getting a percent of it , BUT then when she dies the union keeps the balance instead of your kids or family getting it !!! point here is that it was paid in for you & your family , not for Hoffa & his family !!! the left over money should go to your family members not the union !!

correct she keeps getting a percent of it , BUT then when she dies the union keeps the balance instead of you kids or family getting it !!! pont hre is that it was paid in for you & your family , not for Hoffa & his family !!! the left over money should go to your family members not the union !!

It was paid to the fund for all who participate in the fund. The leftovers go into the fund.

What Welch and YRC counts on is not ignorance to the fact that our wages and benefits are basically the same or below other trucking companies. Management banks on our divide & the fact that we have become set in our ways of accepting whatever simply because the majority feels they are either to old or to lazy to start over anywhere else.

Let's not forget the ones here that could not keep a job anywhere else because the non union companies will not put up with their crap, that they pull here.