Ben Carson Suggests Holocaust Would Have Been Less Likely if Jews Were Armed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

http://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-suggests-holocaust-less-likely-jews-were-220504283.html

Republican candidate Ben Carson continued his controversial remarks about guns Thursday -- suggesting in a new interview that the Jews may have been able to diminish the likelihood of the Holocaust if they were armed.

“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,” Carson said. “I’m telling you there is a reason these dictatorial people take guns first."

The comments drew a swift response from the Anti-Defamation League.

“Ben Carson has a right to his views on gun control, but the notion that Hitler’s gun-control policy contributed to the Holocaust is historically inaccurate," said Jonathan Greenblatt, National Director of the organization. "The small number of personal firearms available to Germany’s Jews in 1938 could in no way have stopped the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state."
    [​IMG]

What song is he singing?

Do you think Carson's a Ding Bat?

2. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Ben Carson is correct. Scandinavian countries whose citizens were trained & armed would not have been easy to conquer like unarmed countries. The cost was too great for Hitler. The Jews were like sheep ready for slaughter. All of this depends on whether you believe the Holocaust actually happened. Many Muslims deny there was a Holocaust but want one now to eliminate the Jewish race.

3. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Thread seems to be a reach.Sounds like a common sense statement from Carson,which is probably why the moonbats get a warm feeling running down their leg..

4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Why does no one ever invade Switzerland?

Armed Jewish people held out in the Warsaw Ghetto for about a month

MuddleVanHeck and jimmy g like this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Carson must be hitting the Truth. They're locked into him in their targets...

Ruffian 72 likes this.
  6. Magoo

Let me put it this way if the government sent the Army over to your house, you haven't a chance in hell
    I don't care how many guns you have.

7. Magoo

He's an idiot you guys haven't see it yet,
    oh i'm sure he's a fine surgeon but not so much outside that arena.
    http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/08/stupid-gop-ben-carson-idea-debt-limit.html
    Stupid Has Taken Over The GOP As Ben Carson Has No Idea What The Debt Limit Is

I hope you want someone a little smarter than the average citizen

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I read the article. Carson is Exactly Correct! The interviewer appears ready to only accept blindly raising it. Can't continue kicking this can. In a home finance situation, creditors would cut you off rather than raise it. Sane here.. Same as home- obligations may have been approved, but if the credit card says no raising the limit to slip it in- things are cut or sold.

9. Magoo

It's really not possible to not pay the increase without huge financial problems in the economy.
    Because it's debt already incurred, the money has been spent in programs authorized by Congress. Carson doesn't understand this.
    Now for the following year Congress could make cuts and reduce costs to be paid by the government but not just stop paying right now.Congress would have to decide what bills get paid and what bills don't Imagine them trying to do that.
    National collapse would be the result.
    Only happened in the war of 1812 when those dastardly Brits burned down Washington.
    Read this on WIKIpedia for the run down on the debt limit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_debt_ceiling

Something also I get out of is this: does seem to me that Congress has come closer to this (several times) since Obama has been President.
    Sort of like how they go after the Clintons they also have been down on Obama

10. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

All you have to do is look at Israel.....Don't F#@% with them...they fight back and in spite of being surrounded by countries that seek their demise, they are still here.

MuddleVanHeck and Ruffian 72 like this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The entire job of Congress is to decide what bills get paid!!!!!!!!!

What would you do if you'd already committed to spend something on your card, and it was denied? You'd have to start cancelling things!

Why has it happened more on Obama's watch? 1: we spend too much, and the interest multiplies.

2: more responsible congressmen are there now, saying No! Get our Bills in order.

3: Obama makes this a peeing contest. He refuses to be accountable or act responsibly. He uses the media to bash opponents. He's fundamentally transforming the USA into a third world nation. He doesn't believe in American exceptionalism, and intends to break us... Of course, he's planning on the next Prez getting blamed...

12. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

you always catch the most flack when you are over the target

That should tell you something
    that they SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY

jimmy g likes this.
  13. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Exactly. Un-infringe my right to bear arms, gimme enough C-4 explosives, I'll stop a tank!

14. Magoo

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/10/08/deficit-hits-new-low-under-obama
    Deficit Hits New Low Under Obama
    The Congressional Budget Office's preliminary projections show a big "clamping down" of spending.
    The U.S. budget deficit is now the smallest it’s been since President Barack Obama took office.

The federal government ran a deficit of $486 billion in 2014 – the smallest deficit recorded since 2008, according to preliminary projections from the Congressional Budget Office released Wednesday. Last year the deficit was $680 billion, or $195 billion more than the current projection. The deficit is the size of about 2.8 percent of the economy, a size slightly below the average over the past four decades.
    The deficit has shrunk as a percent of gross domestic product for five years now and has steadily diminished since reaching its largest of $1.4 trillion in 2009, on the heels of the financial crisis. The improvement flies in the face of Republican arguments that entitlement spending under Obama has been unrestrained and unsustainable.

15. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Deficits. George Washington thru George W. Bush $10.5 trillion. Barrack Obama Jan. 2009 thru today $8.5 trillion. And he still has 14 mos to go to double all the other presidents combined.

jimmy g, Northern Flash and DCM_Doc like this.
  16. a9faninnc

While taking in record revenues(taxes).

jimmy g likes this.
  17. a9faninnc

The government cant even get guns from the inner city thugs,who shoot each other every night.I would say any government or country would not stand a chance in disarming the American population.If they ever tried,you should take the lead in your neighborhood and see how far you get..

jimmy g likes this.
  18. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't read my post. I said an armed NATION would be difficult to conquer. One reason this country has the freedom we do is because enough citizens are armed to inflict heavy casualties on any force that would attempt a takeover. Any military leader will consider the cost before he attempts a military strike.
    I have enough common sense to know one person cannot defeat an army.

jimmy g likes this.
  19. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Yep. He's become their newest target. He's making them nervous. They'll continue their attacks on whoever is nearest the top.

They're all just racists. lol

20. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

What we'd really like IS an average citizen to become President, but none of us can come up with the 2 trillion dollars that it takes to run.

Ice Rider likes this.