ODFL | Benefits Meeting

City drivers are overpaid, anyone knows, line drivers are the backbone of any company.
You wouldn't have a zero turn, if not for a line driver.
Hahahaha. You must’ve ran line. You’re right, city isn’t nothing without line. Them Toro’s, Kubota’s and John Deere don’t magically show up on the dock. You know a few years back, I got a verbal warning for wearing my John Deere cap to work. It’s green, white, and black, come on.

as a driver who has worked for some horrible companies before....i would have been tickled with just the increase in drop and hook pay so i am real happy with what we got....ask drivers who work for Central freight or Snyder

You have a great point, but the way I look at it is this way. For many many years the top exec's have consistently received 10 to 20 percent raises while the worker bees get single digits..... Then we are told be happy with what you get or you can go somewhere else. I bleed green, however I do not believe in short changing your employees year after year.... City deserves OT, and to be able to work those hours, line deserves a competitive delay pay, just to name a few. We all deserve a higher 401 match, along with lower insurance costs. I will patently wait to hear what else comes from the meetings tomorrow. I would love to be proven wrong on anyone of these.

That has to be sarcasm or a joke right? Without city drivers picking up freight where do you think the freight comes from that you're running line with?

Sarcasm for sure, I've never did anything but line work, but I know for sure city or any type p&d is hard as
any type work in trucking, and deserves every penny.
If I couldn't pull Billy's leg now and then, I wouldn't want to be posting on TB.

You have a great point, but the way I look at it is this way. For many many years the top exec's have consistently received 10 to 20 percent raises while the worker bees get single digits..... Then we are told be happy with what you get or you can go somewhere else. I bleed green, however I do not believe in short changing your employees year after year.... City deserves OT, and to be able to work those hours, line deserves a competitive delay pay, just to name a few. We all deserve a higher 401 match, along with lower insurance costs. I will patently wait to hear what else comes from the meetings tomorrow. I would love to be proven wrong on anyone of these.

Nothing I hate worse than people who don't post facts. See here for executive salary.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jo...020bcf2b-c26e-58aa-8ac8-441973ba2923.amp.html

You know that on a run that is time crucial between terminals, having to wait a hour or more every other week because of shoddy dispatching, I think they ought to pay for wait time. From the time I am done docking the trailers until I hook to the set. Now I have traffic issues and a certain terminal is getting their freight late. Just saying. Sort of like waiting for a trailer, when you have 5 others you can pull. The driver’s on schedules behind me beat me back.

You know that on a run that is time crucial between terminals, having to wait a hour or more every other week because of shoddy dispatching, I think they ought to pay for wait time. From the time I am done docking the trailers until I hook to the set. Now I have traffic issues and a certain terminal is getting their freight late. Just saying. Sort of like waiting for a trailer, when you have 5 others you can pull. The driver’s on schedules behind me beat me back.

Maybe shorten your time at (The Do Drop Inn) could solve this problem.

Let’s see what happens when the other shoe drops. Insurance, remember.
Our insurance premiums didn’t go up much this year at XPO. However, copays did along with other changes to benefits. We got about $1.10/hr raise which most thought was decent, but with all the company has taken, not too many happy campers at my barn. Sounds like a similar situation with OD? When do premiums go up for you, January or any time they want?

You must not have read your stock holder prospectus for the last 5 years, I'm including bonuses in my grip above. Nothing I hate more than people who post spin.......
I've read it. Don't think 10-20% increase is an accurate statement on salary. Let's say it was, if the Congdon's get a 50% raise I personally don't care since they did start this place and provide me with a great living. Just my opinion as you have yours.