R&L | Benefits, Need Some Opinions

Conway Lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, my son was told at his interview for a dock position, that they start full time at $17.00 because R&L covers your benefits. So....... are benefits covered 100%, or what? Do you still have doctor copays? How do you like the benefits? Any help on this matter, would be great!

Hello, my son was told at his interview for a dock position, that they start full time at $17.00 because R&L covers your benefits. So....... are benefits covered 100%, or what? Do you still have doctor copays? How do you like the benefits? Any help on this matter, would be great!
Not for drivers they dont. Cant say what they do for dock workers.

I would be more concerned with your deductible,and all, out of pocket costs,and not the premium weekly cost.

Benefits were mediocre. 30$ copay at office, 15$ for most scripts filled. 40$ a week for a single person. Moved my wife and kids to her plan as soon as she went back to teaching full time, hers are waaaay better. I think my deductible was like 2000$ per year. Mind you I left in May of this year so they could have changed things. This info was for Norwalk Ohio terminal. Around us it was unusual to hire right on as a full timer, they usually worked them part time for several months to make sure they liked them. Part timers are first sent home if work slows down . Our dock was kind of a poo hole as far as I was concerned.

As far as I know all employees have to be given the same insurance plans by law.
So I don’t believe they are going to cover the cost of insurance.

per week
$40 Single
$70 Family
Few bucks for each optical and dental. Family I think cost $8 for both.

$30 Dr copay
$15 or less most prescriptions
$200 ER copay
$1000 deductible
Then 80/20
$5000 max out of pocket
$10,000 max out for family

Dental
Preventative- cleaning&exam
Payed at 100% every six months.
$50 deductible
$1000 max coverage per year

Not sure about vision never really used it.

As far as I know all employees have to be given the same insurance plans by law.
So I don’t believe they are going to cover the cost of insurance.

per week
$40 Single
$70 Family
Few bucks for each optical and dental. Family I think cost $8 for both.

$30 Dr copay
$15 or less most prescriptions
$200 ER copay
$1000 deductible
Then 80/20
$5000 max out of pocket
$10,000 max out for family

Dental
Preventative- cleaning&exam
Payed at 100% every six months.
$50 deductible
$1000 max coverage per year

Not sure about vision never really used it.
Thanks, Ted.

Benefits were mediocre. 30$ copay at office, 15$ for most scripts filled. 40$ a week for a single person. Moved my wife and kids to her plan as soon as she went back to teaching full time, hers are waaaay better. I think my deductible was like 2000$ per year. Mind you I left in May of this year so they could have changed things. This info was for Norwalk Ohio terminal. Around us it was unusual to hire right on as a full timer, they usually worked them part time for several months to make sure they liked them. Part timers are first sent home if work slows down . Our dock was kind of a poo hole as far as I was concerned.
So how is the iron hauling going, Ted? Haven’t seen you on YouTube yet anyway.