XPO | Benefits?

Beeman

TB Lurker
Credits
I work for another LTL company and we don't have a pension. Does Con-Way have a pension plan?
We've had a number of Con-way drivers apply lately in E TN at our terminal. I really can't understand why if your benefits are comparable or better.

alot of the guys who are applying at OD are newer hands.FOR SOME this is their first cdl job and they think the grass is always greener.

I worked for OD, you know how much we got paid for hooking a set? $4. Yep a $1 everytime we touched a piece of equipment! You get stuck in a lot trying to get a dolly on gravel...$1. Your trailer brakes won't release and you have to break your set to get a new kite...$1. OD blows...and you can PRINT THAT!

Beeman said:
I work for another LTL company and we don't have a pension. Does Con-Way have a pension plan?
We've had a number of Con-way drivers apply lately in E TN at our terminal. I really can't understand why if your benefits are comparable or better.
The reason for this is a lack of work,Poor under trained management who is not treated very well.In turn they pass the happiness down.The pension we have is in trouble and may not be around next week.This is just a few reasons.

gfy said:
The reason for this is a lack of work,Poor under trained management who is not treated very well.In turn they pass the happiness down.The pension we have is in trouble and may not be around next week.This is just a few reasons.

Very well stated gfy

Probably due to the fact that I've worked in other industries years ago but have never had a pension plan in my life I don't know a lot about them. I thought (I know that's my first mistake!) that a pension was protected especially after the recent law changes.

I do know about OD as that is who I work for and yes we get $6 for hooking a set, does Con-Way pay more?

I kind of figured the new applies were either new or disgruntled employees that felt the grass was greener somewhere else. I couldn't understand why they would come to our terminal. New hires are so low on the seniority list they'll be sitting at home a lot since we've got over 400 line drivers at this terminal.
I also wondered why they left if your benefits package might have been better and included a pension.
For all of your sake and other drivers in the industry I hope your pension is maintained and stable.

Beeman said:
Probably due to the fact that I've worked in other industries years ago but have never had a pension plan in my life I don't know a lot about them. I thought (I know that's my first mistake!) that a pension was protected especially after the recent law changes.

I do know about OD as that is who I work for and yes we get $6 for hooking a set, does Con-Way pay more?

I kind of figured the new applies were either new or disgruntled employees that felt the grass was greener somewhere else. I couldn't understand why they would come to our terminal. New hires are so low on the seniority list they'll be sitting at home a lot since we've got over 400 line drivers at this terminal.
I also wondered why they left if your benefits package might have been better and included a pension.
For all of your sake and other drivers in the industry I hope your pension is maintained and stable.
why do rats and mice leave a burning ship?(I'm not calling anyone rats or mice) Promises made are not being kepted.

Beeman said:

I can't speak for the CW Southern guys...they make a couple of bucks less per hour than Central, but a bottom rate driver at $17.30/hour (I think that's still starting rate) that milks 20 minutes out of hooking a set made about $5.76/Top rate about $7.31.

RoadRage76 said:
I can't speak for the CW Southern guys...they make a couple of bucks less per hour than Central, but a bottom rate driver at $17.30/hour (I think that's still starting rate) that milks 20 minutes out of hooking a set made about $5.76/Top rate about $7.31.
Are you metro?

RoadRage76 said:
Nope...standard...metro makes more, I think $18.10 to start now?
That why I asked.We tried to get that here in Chicagoland.When We couldn't get a wineo to come throw the door.