Yellow | Benefits

Maybe he should be a casket-tester? I can lock him in, give him a ride across the nation, and then open it up and listen to his opinion????
SORRY , jimmy , but " HNRY " has started to take over hauling your casket's now and a smoother ride too !!
funny-funeral-beer-hearse-picture.jpg

We do have a double wide. My Boss doesnt give discounts. Not even to employees. That's how they pay me so much!!!!

You don't want to know how funeral directors stuff tall guys in tho. And every one in my family is super tall.....

Jimmy, maybe you should tell him about your "pay as you go" or the "layaway plan"

The 6% 401-K match is NICE !!!!

That is not a 6% match..it’s a 3% match.

On a thousand dollar paycheck if you put in 6% ( $60) they match 50% of that ($30). 3% of a $1000.

It’s a fancy way of saying a 3% match if you contribute 6%.

On a $1500 paycheck ( which I doubt there) you would contribute $90@6%
They would match $45 (3% of 1500)

Our company pays around $75 / week at 25% of our pension.
Almost double what the nons pay for their 401k
We all know how much more they pay for our superior insurance
Don’t let their hourly wages be the deceiving factor when comparing jobs

That is not a 6% match..it’s a 3% match.

On a thousand dollar paycheck if you put in 6% ( $60) they match 50% of that ($30). 3% of a $1000.

It’s a fancy way of saying a 3% match if you contribute 6%.

On a $1500 paycheck ( which I doubt there) you would contribute $90@6%
They would match $45 (3% of 1500)

Our company pays around $75 / week at 25% of our pension.
Almost double what the nons pay for their 401k
We all know how much more they pay for our superior insurance
Don’t let their hourly wages be the deceiving factor when comparing jobs

Great post, you hit the nail on the head. :1036316054: :1036316054:

Our benefits suck try to going to a emergency room on the road they will say its out of network and only pay 50% like when I had a bad case of Vertigo in Idaho shame of local 710 health and welfare fund you really care about your members. The pension benefit is even better they told me after ten years I will get $66 dollars a month screw this company and union!

we have bcbs and its a supreme plan. it covers us at 100% if the place accepts any blue shield or blue cross. the deal with the pension is your fellow coworkers voted it in and they will vote it in again. they wont give up the job and start over after 25 years. they will take the kool aid but tell you that they didn't vote for the deal.

we have bcbs and its a supreme plan. it covers us at 100% if the place accepts any blue shield or blue cross. the deal with the pension is your fellow coworkers voted it in and they will vote it in again. they wont give up the job and start over after 25 years. they will take the kool aid but tell you that they didn't vote for the deal.

have fun explaining to your wife she has to buy her own insurance since she has too good of a job. if nys h&w is too cheap to pay for spouse, merge with central states or some other plan that doesn't penalize people for working!

Our benefits suck try to going to a emergency room on the road they will say its out of network and only pay 50% like when I had a bad case of Vertigo in Idaho shame of local 710 health and welfare fund you really care about your members. The pension benefit is even better they told me after ten years I will get $66 dollars a month screw this company and union!

An emergency room on the road pays the same as an emergency room In your home town. And yes I have been to out of state emergency rooms in Illinois Georgia .Our insurance is the best in the business.
Unless Chicago insurance is different than Georgia you might to check further.

Last edited:
Check this out! I just verified the current Health & Welfare and Pension weekly contribution rate paid by YRC Freight to Central States (effective 8-1-18)! The amounts are staggering! Here we go...
Health & Welfare (TeamCare C-6 Plan) $401.13 per week for a total of $20,858.76 a year!
Pension (Class 18) $106.55 per week for a total of $5540.60 a year!
Total Fringe Benefit Contribution by YRC Freight to Central States Funds is (40 hours x $12.692 per hour), $507.68 a week for a total of $26,399.36 a year!

(And that's before they even punch the time clock!)

At ABF Freight the fringe benefit contribution is even higher because in addition to the H&W (TeamCare C-6 Plan) payment of $401.13 a week ($20,858.76 a year), they also pay the max freight pension (Class 18) contribution (frozen by the trustees in 2011) of $342.00 a week ($17,784.00 a year).
Total Fringe Benefit Contribution by ABF Freight to Central States Funds is (40 hours x $18.578 per hour), $743.13 a week for a total of $38,642.78 a year!
(And again...that's before they even punch the time clock!)

Remember Yrc wanted to buy Abf, again if little Abf can pay and make a profit so can Yrc. But if your ignorant well your just ignorant.

I’m well positioned for a ignorant one and enjoy watching this company get destroyed from the inside out. The underground Teamsters are not going to let this weakness spread we have orders.