Yellow | Benefits

is there overlap between your h&w plans out there, on the kaiser plan? i guess a national plan wont work, but over in the midwest and northeast, its mainly bcbs, and there is a lot of different plans, and some are better than others.
HMO, Kaiser or PPO, bunch of choices.

out here its mainly similar plans, hence me and sabresfan not understanding the point.

I guess that as transportation benefit availability moved across our nation, the trial and error model led to better H&W.

Our healthcare is stellar and our pension is fully funded.

No way I would do this job north of the Mason Dixon line, and it would require serious consideration outside of my county, regardless of company.

Here's what $401.13 a week buys you through TEAMCARE (Central States H&W C-6 Plan)...

https://myteamcare.org/PDF//HW_Docs/Summary-Benefits-Coverage-Plan-C6.pdf

:bananapartyhat:
Yup, I’m an ABF guy, in central states, and I can tell you our insurance rocks! My wife has had 2 major surgery’s costing over 30 grand a piece and cost me about 400 dollars. They never ask about the wife having insurance, even though she don’t have insurance offered, they just raised our dental to 2500 per year and raised our vision insurance to 150 for frames and do progressive lenses for nothing. Best insurance I’ve ever heard of. Our pension might be crap but we shouldn’t fall apart tell I quit or get fired.

An emergency room on the road pays the same as an emergency room In your home town. And yes I have been to out of state emergency rooms in Illinois Georgia .Our insurance is the best in the business.
Unless Chicago insurance is different than Georgia you might to check further.
They told me its out of network when I had no choice taken to hospital by ambulance I appealed still they will only pay 50% our insurance is not the best in the business by a long shot at least not in Local 710 Health and Welfare fund.

They told me its out of network when I had no choice taken to hospital by ambulance I appealed still they will only pay 50% our insurance is not the best in the business by a long shot at least not in Local 710 Health and Welfare fund.

There is not a single non union carrier that has better insurance...and ours is free.

There is not a single non union carrier that has better insurance...and ours is free.
When then why will they only cover 50% of the bill saying its out of network when they know Chicago team road drivers can travel all over the country big scam in my opinion?

When then why will they only cover 50% of the bill saying its out of network when they know Chicago team road drivers can travel all over the country big scam in my opinion?

it sounds like road drivers might want to look at a plan that has better coverage, i see exactly what you're saying, that sucks!