Holland | Bensonville terminal

cracker

TB Regular
Credits
has anyone heard the progress on the bensonville terminal when it is going to open and where it will be located?

Do not know when it will open for sure.

But was told by some drivers out of Chicago, and Wheeling that it was a old Preston terminal in Bensonville.

I saw a posting at Wheeling that stated that the Terminal was to open in early June. This was a change from original date for various reasons as stated in the posting on official co. letterhead. I heard that it was in an old Preston terminal but do not know exact location.

HOT4GM said:
i just got the map today it will open monday 6/5 it is off 290 i think south of chicago
Yes and no.
The terminal is north of I-290 off of Ill Rt 83
Aprox 2 to 3 miles north of 290 .So it's just east of Ill Rt 83 on Thorndale 1/8 of a mile on the north side of the street .There are several ways to get in and out of the new location.
The location is west of Chicago ,but not south of it . The terminal is 10 minutes from O'Hare Airport .

Spoke to a CH supervisor thursday. Said Bensonville is already at 75% capacity, its not OPEN yet!! Full capacity within 6 weeks after opening.
Can you do the Chicago shuffle?

It opened Monday morning. Took some city tractors over Saturday morning. Looks real clean right now. 85 doors I believe. it will fill up fast.

I believe your bensenville terminal used to ours. (Fedex Freight) We built a new one in des plaines because the airport wants the land your terminal is sitting on

The Bensenville used to be Preston Fright. Yellow owned it since around 1993 or so! But you are right O'Hare does want this land to make the airport even larger than it is already! I was told that Holland will half to move out in 2 years.