Bernie Nailed It!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Elwood, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

we shall debate "great" at another time

“Rome, 2,000 years ago, fell because the government began fixing the prices of services and commodities. We, however, know what has always happened when governments have tried to superintend the industry of private persons. The final result has always been distress, misery and despair.”

Guy Harrington

It has been proven that a higher minimum wage locks people out of the workforce it also increases the prices of goods and services. It also hurts the buying power of those workers just beyond the minimum wage.
    Right now black youth unemployment is around 50%, keep raising the minimum wage and it will go up, regardless of what FDR thought. You look at these cities like Seattle a year or so, these cities that doubled the minimum wage (or raised it 50-75%) see what has become of the labor market
    Finally (and you knew I had to put this in) what business is it of the Federal Govt to dictate wages?

Woody, Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  2. Bubba74

we shall debate "great" at another time

“Rome, 2,000 years ago, fell because the government began fixing the prices of services and commodities. We, however, know what has always happened when governments have tried to superintend the industry of private persons. The final result has always been distress, misery and despair.”

Guy Harrington

It has been proven that a higher minimum wage locks people out of the workforce it also increases the prices of goods and services. It also hurts the buying power of those workers just beyond the minimum wage.
    Right now black youth unemployment is around 50%, keep raising the minimum wage and it will go up, regardless of what FDR thought. You look at these cities like Seattle a year or so, these cities that doubled the minimum wage (or raised it 50-75%) see what has become of the labor market
    Finally (and you knew I had to put this in) what business is it of the Federal Govt to dictate wages?

Northern Flash likes this.
  3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I'm going to guess Rome fell because it could no longer support the vast armies it needed abroad to keep down the locals.

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

And for the blue-collar parents that are devoted to keeping their kid's post-college debt at a minimum.....it's a killer paying for those "resorts" to operate.
    I feel like I'm running a non-profit organization nowadays.

Woody likes this.
  5. Northern Flash

You're hooked on this minimum wage issue. Do you realize that only something like 4-5% of Americans are working at minimum wage? It's really a non issue. 95% of America doesn't care, and they realize that the minimum wage jobs are stepping stone jobs and are there for those who are students that need a flexible schedule, and for adults that are clueless, skill-less, un-trainable, and are going nowhere in life.
    For anyone who wants better for themselves, don't take a minimum wage job and expect to be living large.

6. Northern Flash

IF you raise minimum wage, the cost of living and the price of products that we consume goes up. So nothing is gained. The pay raise for 4-5% of America costs the entire country more for their necessities.

7. Magoo

If it's no big deal to you folks then raise it, after all it's only 4-5% right. It won't make any difference right?

If the minimum wage is $7.25 per hour and your boss pays you $7.30 per hour then your not minimum wage are you.
    Your getting paid $2 more per week but your not counted as minimum wage..

And no they aren't going to live large, they can't afford to live.

Minimum wage should be a livable wage not slave wages.
    Wake up Republicans get with bringing people up not stepping on them!

I never understood some people thinking others are below them,not smart enough, not worthy of living.
    If your making a living don't begrudge someone else trying to do the same.
    Like I said you conservatives don't want government to give any help to the poor, and yet you choose to keep them poor.:sadwavey:

Crystal likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

I think that you need to go back and re-read my post. Everyone should not get punished via higher costs, just to help 4-5% of the unskilled workers get a small pay raise. So raising the minimum wage does have affect on all of us. And when the minimum wage goes up, do you think that those who have some seniority will allow others to pass them in pay? No. So they'll need a raise also. It's a snowball effect that buckles companies. Learn a trade and develop a skill set, otherwise you're deciding your own fate.

Woody and jimmy g like this.
  9. Magoo

Republicans always claim that will happen and employers will lay off and not hire anymore.
    Those claim are always shown to be false.
    Those 4-5% are not in this world to serve your convenience.

10. Northern Flash

By the way, your boy Bernie is closing the gap on the crook.:1036316054:

11. Northern Flash

How did Obamacare work out? Yep, that's right. It laid off full time workers and created more part time jobs.

Actually, until they develop some skills......yes they are.

12. Magoo

Rump is ahead of Cruz.
    Rump said:" the Canadian. the man from Canada has loans he didn't report, and nobody likes him.
    Some people like Obama but nobody like's Cruz" : said Donald Rump

13. Magoo

ObamaCare is working turn off FOX

14. Northern Flash

Trump is stepping in :shit: every time he opens his mouth with another stupid attack on Cruz. I'm getting more turned off by Trump by the day.

Everybody fell for hope and change, but even the average Liberal despises what Obama has done to our country. Obama has created Trump.

Hillary is seeing her chances slipping away...........Bernie might want to put on a Kevlar vest.

15. Northern Flash

How many got to keep their doctor?
    How many got to keep their old plan?
    Where's my $2500.00 per family that Obama promised?

It sucks.......and everyone sees it, except you.

16. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Mankiw's claim that college costs are the inevitable result of Baumol's Disease is pure self-serving rubbish: Mankiw's grandiose position atop the academic heap is supported by the toil of a vast army of poorly paid academic ronin, while soaring costs can largely be attributed to entirely useless (in terms of actual learning of useful skills and knowledge) administration and lavish campus facilities--costs that have nothing to do with Baumol's Disease and everything to do with American higher education being a cartel, i.e. an exploitive, parasitic racket that fails most of its students miserably.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html

Woody and Northern Flash like this.
  17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

If Trump wins iowa, he'll run the table (and I'm for Cruz).If Bernie is your candidate, Trump will win 47 states and be the next Prez. He's copied obama- he's a blank canvas. People see in him whatever they want, in spite of no supporting evidence. It worked for obama, now it'll work for Trump. People want a Non Corporatist, yet they'll elect an Absolute Corporatist to defeat the current Admin. Weird. Amazing what anger can do...

Woody, Big Dave and Northern Flash like this.
  18. Magoo

Thats what Cruz says. They are all desperate to put the first state in their pocket.
    Seen this one today::lmao:

[​IMG]

19. Bubba74

Rome fell because it required nothing of their citizens
    No skin in the game like about 1/2 of America today

Trump has a real shot
    IMO it is mostly because people are sick and tired of the lying political class
    Despite Bernie trying to portray himself as an outsider, he is a career politician

Woody and Northern Flash like this.
  20. Magoo

I disagree, if Rump were to become President Rump he would be run over by the politicians. It helps to know how the game is played and he would be starting at zero. You ought to know how those Senators and Congressmen like to get in front of the TV cameras making a name for themselves.
    LIke Cruz a perfect example.

Crystal likes this.