Bernie Nailed It!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Elwood, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

And of course.......inner city policies had absolutely nothing to do with it. :duh:

2. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Someone needs to be held accountable for not fixing this water system immediately.Yeah Flash and that somebody is The Governors job . This guy sat on this for two years and I don't give a damn if its a Dem or a Rep this is much more serious that I'm sorry . Flash answer me this ,how can any man who knows that he is responsible for this can go to sleep every night with out any guilt feelings ? My answer is and ( I believe this) that a man with out a conscience is a man with out God . This man is evil . I don't know any other description of someone like that. Politics has noting to do with it if a democrat did it then that Dem should get the face the same consequences as the republican .

Magoo likes this.
  3. Pup Driver

Bubba , the WAR ON COAL is technology . Unfortunately for the minors coal is obsolete just like the buggy whips were when the automobile came into being . Coal has been replaced by gas and solar . I doubt if there is anyone here on T/B that is still burning coal to heat the homes and water . Now Bubba if your using gas to heat your home are you then one of the spokes in the wheel that are a part of as you say a war on coal member ?

Magoo likes this.
  4. Northern Flash

Snyder is a politician......and most don't have any feelings. But if you're also giving the EPA a pass (with this type of issue being their responsibility) I still have to consider it as you playing politics. If I were Snyder, would I have fixed it immediately? Absolutely, and if it wasn't fixed immediately, heads would roll. But that's how I roll....."either get it done, or the person that replaces you will" is my motto. So personally, no, I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I didn't cure this immediately.

The Gov. failed to oversee that this was fixed, and it's his job to delegate this type of issue out to the EPA, then follow up to be sure that it was done. Then the EPA didn't do their jobs either. Both are responsible.

5. Northern Flash

There is just one problem. Coal has been replaced BY GOVERMENT MANDATE.

Over-reaching Govt. has left coal as no longer an option, even if you wanted it. Why not let supply and demand determine the outcome of coal's future?

6. Pup Driver

Flash , even with being a option for the use of coal ,who do you know that would choose coal over the other alternatives ? I don't know you but I would think that it a safe bet that you wouldn't get rid of your gas furnace and replace it with a coal burning stove . I do remember those days and yeah it was a complete hassle . The stove usually would be in the living room and ya had to keep your bedroom doors open to get heat in to the bedrooms.Ya usually had to get up during the night and re stoke the damn thing . Give people the choice and I think coal would still be the looser in that contest .

Magoo likes this.
  7. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Wasn't it more to do with coal burning power plants?

Woody and jimmy g like this.
  8. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

They are nasty

9. Northern Flash

I agree, but coal isn't just burned in the living room. There are power plants that were coal powered, now the entire industry is going out of business and taking the jobs and livelihoods with it.
    Thanks Barry.

I see that you beat me to it Rastus.:1036316054:

Woody and jimmy g like this.
  10. Northern Flash

Then improve the filtering system, don't shut them down. We have the technology to do anything, so filtering the air isn't a problem. The problem is that green energy is the cash cow for the Liberals. And while pushing that agenda, they won't let anything stand in their way.

jimmy g likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Repeal the 17th Amendment. That ruined our Constitutional Republic. Repealing it will return us to The House Representing the Citizens, and the Senate Representing the States, as per Article 2, and also the 10th Amendment. We've copied the Communist Manifesto and operated on the Tenets of Communism since the Wilson Administration. Return to the way the Constitution set up in Articles 1, 2, and 3.

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The City was under pressure to save money- they're broke. I resigned my appointment to my local Volunteer Fire Dept Board of Directors. Too much liability.

Yes, whoever was responsible should be tried. But that doesn't mean he/she wasn't trying to do the right thing by saving the city desperately needed savings. Its a no win. Every government is broke. Too many demands, too many programs. 100 years of 'caring for the people' creates dependency, which demands ever more spending. Eventually, no matter how noble the cause- it all collapses. To save money, they cut corners, and now people will die because of dependency on government.

Northern Flash likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

There are still coal-fired electical power plants. They had to raise rates so they could afford coal 'scrubbers' (Duke Energy supplies mine from Lawrenceburg, In). They still exist.

14. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

I was delivering at a coal plant the smoke coming out of the stack was so clean I thought it was shut down asked the dock guy he said it was running. Few years later come to find out it's one that is scheduled to close.
    I can afford my electric bill doubling but I can already hear the complaining from the libs like about flint.

jimmy g likes this.
  15. Pup Driver

I think the real crime here how the governor and his people sat on this and knew what they were doing for two years as you say trying to do the right thing hardly seems to be the right thing . Sorry Jimmy I feel no sympathy for the governor or any of his people . If you are looking for excuses for what happen there that's your choice . Having clean water to drink, cook and to take a bath in is not depending on the government its something those people paid for on a monthly basis just like the rest of us . BTW those same people are still expected to pay for that toxic water in spite of not being able to be used .

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  16. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I agree except for the part about God. A man doesn't need a God of any sort to have a conscience or a moral compass.

17. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Just shut up little boy....it's like nails on a chalkboard

18. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

no but it is stilled used in power plants quite extensively
    and solar has come no where near to replacing coal

http://www.fossil.energy.gov/education/energylessons/coal/gen_coal.html

19. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

We need coal to run the plants.

20. Northern Flash

People don't realize that coal is still used. But since they don't see the mountains of coal as they drive by on the roadway, they think that it no longer exists. Coal is just the whipping boy for the Libs as they push their green energy agenda. Coal stands in the way of their windfall profits from their green energy investments.