Bernie Sanders fix good for everyone??

This means no cuts until CSPF becomes insolvent the PBGC will be able to afford to take over which means deeper cuts to everyone.
His plan bails out PBGC not CSPF

Supporters say Sanders’s bill would save the pensions of millions of retirees by closing $30 billion worth of tax “loopholes” enjoyed by the wealthy.

The money would breath life into the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), which serves as the federal government backstop should Central States or another multi-employer pension fund go bankrupt.

Sanders bill S-1631 has 6 co-sponsors and Kaptur's HR-2844 has 28 co-sponsors. But they are all democrats. The House Finance committee has 14 republicans and only 12 democrats. If HR-2844 doesn't move past committee to the full house for debate and a vote we can blame the republicans. Even Nyhan didn't rule out the revenue neutral legacy funded KOPPA as an alternative. But he said it's unlikely to get republican support. Retirees deserve at least a stand lone vote on the issue of pension cuts.

Peter has been robbed to pay Paul so they can line Mary's pockets for too long. If they would have left existing policies and accounts alone to begin with, everybody's pensions would be paid, and we wouldn't be dealing with this now. Its just like Social Security. If they wouldn't have tried to use that as a slush fund to support every other stupid policy they came up with, it would still be solvent.

Bernie Sanders seems to be the only one who cares about our plight. We don't seem to be doing enough to get the message out about our pensions being cut. It seems that no one cares but us.

Senator Brown, who has been a cosponsor of S.1631 since day 1, has endorsed Clinton for President.

You guys are just scaring me now! If you think Bernie Sanders is really going to save your pension to help you, lord help us all! He might make it solvent, but if he does it so he can distribute it to everybody else they didn't earn it! The same with Hillary! With everything that she's done in Benghazi she should be in jail! The only person that might help all of us is Trump! The man can bring businesses back to the United States, take businesses away from China and Japan, and actually make them profitable again so they will honor our pensions. He has already convinced Ford Motor Company to bring their plant scheduled for Mexico back to Ohio! And there will be a lot more of that, which will help the entire United States, if he gets elected. People, we need to read between the lines and actually look at both sides of the Isle. You can't follow party lines anymore . You have to look at the candidates' course of action over the past several years to decide who's actually telling the truth and who's not. The Democratic Party used to be for the people, but not anymore. You can't keep doling out money you don't have to people that didn't earn it! The only way you can do that, is to either conger it from thin air, (can you say FED?), or take it away from people that did earn it and leave them to fend for themselves! Now step back and look at this big lovely picture. Which one do you think we're in?

Now, don't think I'm naive, and think I don't know these companies are making money. I know they are. But there's also the issue that they are in business to make money and it's like to proverbial poo poo rolls downhill, if they make enough profits, so do we. Another example would be all of the minimum wage workers blowing up wanting $15 an hour to flip burgers. How's that working out for them? I'll tell you how, they are being replaced by Automated computers that are up front and take your order now. Sure it will be a $15 an hour job, but instead of 30 people making $8.50 an hour, there will be 8 people making $15 an hour. I don't know about you, but that kind of looks like a step backwards for the job market. And let's not forget the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens now flooding the borders who will be getting the job Joe Blow would have filled beforehand.

You guys are just scaring me now! If you think Bernie Sanders is really going to save your pension to help you, lord help us all! He might make it solvent, but if he does it so he can distribute it to everybody else they didn't earn it! The same with Hillary! With everything that she's done in Benghazi she should be in jail! The only person that might help all of us is Trump! The man can bring businesses back to the United States, take businesses away from China and Japan, and actually make them profitable again so they will honor our pensions. He has already convinced Ford Motor Company to bring their plant scheduled for Mexico back to Ohio! And there will be a lot more of that, which will help the entire United States, if he gets elected. People, we need to read between the lines and actually look at both sides of the Isle. You can't follow party lines anymore . You have to look at the candidates' course of action over the past several years to decide who's actually telling the truth and who's not. The Democratic Party used to be for the people, but not anymore. You can't keep doling out money you don't have to people that didn't earn it! The only way you can do that, is to either conger it from thin air, (can you say FED?), or take it away from people that did earn it and leave them to fend for themselves! Now step back and look at this big lovely picture. Which one do you think we're in?[/QUOTE

I'm not saying that Bernie's plan is the correct one but who else is interested in saving our pension plan? I doubt if Trump has even heard of our problem.

Pretty much stayed on track,up to this point,imo..Differing opinions from your original post,which have political connotations,lead to open discussions.
It wasn't meant to be political, I was just stating a fact about a proposed alternative to the current proposal to cut our pensions.
It doesn't matter to me who proposed it or what party they are affiliated with.

It wasn't meant to be political, I was just stating a fact about a proposed alternative to the current proposal to cut our pensions.
It doesn't matter to me who proposed it or what party they are affiliated with.
I apologize if you feel that I went off track somehow, but you are talking about funds that are controlled by politicians. That kind of makes it relevant. Who sponsors it, what pork is stuffed in it, and what the actual outcome will be are all controlled by the politician. Lol I would also like to apologize for being so long winded, I get a little cranked up over this crap! Lol

There is no fix. Best to continue to the end as is. Every one in same boat. Bankruptcy is only options. The government is the main reason why we are in this shape. Then start over with new plan. With out government intervention. Too many people affected and paid in full. Possible merger with healthy peinson funds would work better for everyone. We did not put business into bankruptcy. We did not put central states pension fund into bankruptcy. It was allowed to become insolvent by all parties involved.