Bernie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lazarus745, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

the tax system was set up to hit the wealthy harder because they are the people with extra money.
    You instinctively hate that it's not fair
    Gosh it's not Fair :452:

2. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Graduated tax. Hmmm now who's idea was that again?

jimmy g likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

After Tuesday it will be spelled Burntme. Because the Bern man will have been officially toasted by the Clinton Crime Family.

4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Feel the burn.

5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I disagree with your post complelety!

If a union provides convincing proof that it's a better situation, people join. If they dont, people won't. It's called competition, and Free Choice. Forcing people into something they disagree with produces anger, discontenet, and poor working environments.

EX396 likes this.
  6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

8. Magoo

Jimmy I bet back in the 60's and 70's you were into this communist theory and way of life.
    The Beatles Revolution showed the futility of that kind of stuff. 'but if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao, you ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow. You know it's going to be alright.

9. Magoo

If you are working in a cheapo job and suddenly you find a job in a Teamster shop you are delighted.
    But if you have to organise from the ground floor in a non union environment you're not going to get anything until you get the union going strong.
    If people won't stick by your side your lost, you lose the boss wins

10. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

your running a communist that did not earn his first paycheck until he was 40
    and
    a woman that oozes corruption

but none of THAT matters as long as they promise to keep the free-bes (that I am paying for so they are not free) rolling

don't get on the boat unless you pay the fair
    these people are not only on the boat, they are driving it

jimmy g likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Take away the voting rights of the freeloaders, and there will never be another Democrat President.

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

In those days I was into Davy Crockett. Moving to Montana and building my own cabin.

EX396 and Magoo like this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It's easier to buy your own truck.

Magoo likes this.
  14. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

Yes, 47% ish don't pay anything. That's a disgraceful. However, the solution is where I disagree.

Why should a retiree, collecting Social Security have to pay income tax on their SS check ?
    If I put money into a Roth IRA (already paid income tax on that money), why should I have to pay income tax on it again when I withdraw it?
    How are we going to police/enforce what deductions people take for money spent on food? If food is going to be the ONLY deduction, you can bet I'm buying all the food I can afford and trading it like currency today.

I'm in favor of all earned wages being taxed at a fair rate. No need to make it progressive. If everybody earning wages is paying in, no need to make it anywhere near 15%. Get rid of the earned income credit as well as 90% of the welfare expenditures for working-aged folks. Stop providing free healthcare for illegals.

If you take away many of the tax deductions, what do you think happens to the economy?

15. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

They got the Jesus toaster, in fact it's made in Vermont, why not the Bernie toaster.

[​IMG]

ABFer likes this.
  16. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

Here'ya go, slap your pork on this, gobble gobble.

[​IMG]

17. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a novel idea. A toaster with inserts of your least favorite candidate. Every greasy spoon restaurant should have one.

18. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

My post wasn't so clear. Scrap the irs and the whole federal tax structure charge 15% sales tax. Everything but food. Corps pay 15% on profits. Criminals want to buy something they pay 15%. Illigals or anyone getting paid under the table buys something it's still 15%.
    47% of households not paying taxes just ain't gonna work.
    That Roth IRA thing is a tuff one. I'll have to work on it.

19. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

So there's the proof, and even ahead of Super Tuesday( I would of thought they'd waited until after Tuesday), but oh well, the Bern-nut is toast.

20. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get it. No thank you. How are you going to collect and divide all those taxes between the various states, counties and cities that now all get a portion of those sales taxes? Are you suggesting we get rid of the Federal Tax and still be subject to State, FICA, SDI, and UI taxes?

Are you going to tax my gasoline on top of the exorbitant taxes I already pay for that? What about the purchase of my home, when do you levy that tax? How and who polices the under the table selling of goods? Right now, if I sell a taxable good the BOE collects that money from the me and I better have collected it from the consumer or it came out of my pocket. If I collect it from the consumer and don't report the sale to the BOE that's a massive opportunity for fraud at a 15% level. We might think we have too many IRS agents and too much underpayment of taxes now. Wait to see what would happen to the economy if all goods were taxed and the related fraud/oversight that would require.

Magoo likes this.