Central Transport | Best drivers in the system

freightwaiter

TB Lurker
Credits
2 out of the 3 new trucks we got are now cracked. Along with two of are older truck's.Plus a number of truck have the bumper bent or the hoods and fenders are damaged. WE ONLY HIRE THE BEST DRIVERS LOL.:TR10driving03: :covereyes: :duh:

i hear ya 50 trucks or so are beat in cleveland..lot of junk over there... on a side note hey what truck you drive ill look for you on the road im in 1170

Curiously, being honest, how is PJax to work for? What's the basic scoop on how they operate. They are hiring close to me. I hate to jump ship where I am now, but I haven't worked 20 hours in months. That's not feeding the kids and one driver I talked to a while back seemed to be happy.

i have been there 10yrs and iam happy,we have our problems just like eveybody else,you need to have thick skin to survive

TWanger said:
Curiously, being honest, how is PJax to work for? What's the basic scoop on how they operate. They are hiring close to me. I hate to jump ship where I am now, but I haven't worked 20 hours in months. That's not feeding the kids and one driver I talked to a while back seemed to be happy.

I hear they have no safety dep't. That means no one to back you up if they try to run you over hours. Just hearsay though...

they wont run you over hours (they did back in the day i heard) but now the second your 1 minute over 14/60 or whatever it is your busted and will be suspended..they are all over your time.they definatly keep a good look at hours ! i cant fill you in on there city work but if its linehaul i can answer any questions..out of cleveland we average probally about 2700 miles a week throughout the year.some weeks 3000 others 2600. no layoffs ever! they never told me no if i have hours left and want to take a weekend load..even when i was only here a few months they still found me weekend work..so if 2700 aint enough you can always grab 400-500 on sat/sun if need be..never forced weekend work either no matter how new you are

hrs

pjax doesnt let n e one go over hrs in the city, i know in chi they are very very strict, mr keck, havent seen u in chi in a while. anyway, i think pjax is a good comp to work for and has a great safety dept

if you dont go over 14/60 how can you log 2700 and still have time for a 400/500 mile run on the weekend?being from ohio you must never get off the turnpike

ive been working 6 days a week for the last 3 months to save for my first child due here in sept and ive managed to due it.then again i dont stop ever.heck i could make it from philly to detroit without taking a leak :biglaugh: im just young and motivated right now..the least ive did in 3 months is 3200.granted after sunday i only have like 1 or 2 hours left but its possible for sure..

Never had a problem runnning out of hours in Spring City besides i don't wanna work that many hours anyway.50-55 hours a week.Dispatch gets a printout of drivers hours every morning if your not sure what you got all you have to do is ask.I know you used to be able to check your hours on the time clock not sure if you still can.

Ok yes we do have a safety department and they actually do a decent job they were there when i needed them . I have to admit at first I wasn't to sure about them but now i have no doubts.

gearraker said:
keck when you max out on hours is that about 1,300 a week?

yeah around there a little more usually..im still at the bottom of the pay scale gotta lot more raises coming...

Thanx for your info guys, hope it works out, I start here tomarrow morning. Wish me luck.......................