XPO | Best ltl

While you're on the subject after I put in 1800 hours this year I can retire with about $4000/month pension. I'll be 56 and will have 25 years in. Could you please help me figure out why I should continue working?

I just don't know what to say to that....at 56, I'll just be getting started. It's such a long ways away:hide:

I totally agree about Conway (Cameras) in your tractor? fire you in a heartbeat, especially if you have Senority ( Not) Yellow/Roadway another 5 year 15% pay cut and junk equipment (Not) Old Dominion, No time and a half pay after 8 or 40 hrs. (Not) Saia motor freight, to much to list (Not) ABF, 7% pay cut (Not) FedEx Freight, Good well maintained tractors, trailers, and Mechanics, 401k, raises every year- with no pay cuts ever, Deep Pockets, pension, and you come in do your job, and no one bothers you (YES) UPS Freight, If we all made as much as them, we would all be happy (YES) if you can handle Management and all their anal rules. Personality I think everyone in the LTL business that drives, should get around the same pay, doing the same thing as the next driver, with no pat cuts EVER!

I totally agree about Conway (Cameras) in your tractor? fire you in a heartbeat, especially if you have Senority ( Not) Yellow/Roadway another 5 year 15% pay cut and junk equipment (Not) Old Dominion, No time and a half pay after 8 or 40 hrs. (Not) Saia motor freight, to much to list (Not) ABF, 7% pay cut (Not) FedEx Freight, Good well maintained tractors, trailers, and Mechanics, 401k, raises every year- with no pay cuts ever, Deep Pockets, pension, and you come in do your job, and no one bothers you (YES) UPS Freight, If we all made as much as them, we would all be happy (YES) if you can handle Management and all their anal rules. Personality I think everyone in the LTL business that drives, should get around the same pay, doing the same thing as the next driver, with no pat cuts EVER!
James R. Hoffa made that dream come true. But look at what has happened since then.

While you're on the subject after I put in 1800 hours this year I can retire with about $4000/month pension. I'll be 56 and will have 25 years in. Could you please help me figure out why I should continue working?

If you're in central states how confident are you that the pension fund isn't going to go dry before you die? There's the answer to your question...

Well that's what the industry had until Jimmy Carter signed the Motor Carrier Act in 1980...

while you're on the subject after i put in 1800 hours this year i can retire with about $4000/month pension. I'll be 56 and will have 25 years in. Could you please help me figure out why i should continue working?

nice!!!!!!

If the camera is the only bad thing about conway, then your good. The camera never goes off. you really have to hit it hard in the road trucks. Not an issue at all. And mostly all new equipment. A lot of refurbs. job security here. Also with abf 7% paycut, still the pay is more than most. Did you actually work at all those companies? or just know what you hear on here?

How much would your health care be? Is your home paid for and are you debt free for the most part? If you always spend less than you earn and stay debt free. And make simplicity a way of life. Because simple things are best. If you can begin each day with gratitude for your opportunities and blessings. If you can rule your moods with a positive mental attitude. When you have these things in check you are ready to retire no matter what your age is....As log as you have hobbies for your mental health such as hunting....fishing.....golfing....carpentry.....music..... etc....then my friend you are ready to call it quits. Without your physical and mental health you have nothing...I know you understand all this I just feel like sharing what I feel to the younger guys today. I never want to appear condescending and hope it is taken in the context in which it is written.

So your answer is to continue working until you die

No the answer is if you feel confident in your dying pension program and the amount you may or may not have saved up, retire when you like. The person I was responding to is 56. If you can retire then, have at it. And if you like what you do and want to keep working, have at it.

Hey Dean, when you type a sentence and use commas and Periods, DON'T FORGET to put a space after each. Example, space. Space,,,,, Ok? ....... ,,,,,, ...... Leave a space, Thanks Bud.