ODFL | Best run ?

my fave is KCY to DEN just shy of 600 miles and you can knock it out quick.

GBO - ORL is good
Columbus SC - JAX - and back is awsome too.

My favorite runs are the ones that are just long enough to pay the bills.

Home time + fewer hours at work + save money + pay bills = me happy.

right now thats about 500 a day in the future I hope to narrow that down some.

What is your truck set at? Here in the east we are limited to 68mph on the trucks. Bad roads and traffic limit speed even further.

my truck is the same i run out of mrt you can make that run legaly in our 68 mile a hour trucks which most of the ones we have at our term are 66 to 67mph i had 15 min driving time left you just can't goof off and the roads out there is mostly flat that helps with the run to

to do that you have to average 66.09 miles an hour. 727 miles divided by 11 hours. You get cought at 1 red light leaving the terminal and your screwed......:biglaugh:

before this gets into a shouting match about can or can't do this, what is the problem with someone wanting to make a run like this?

i for one take as many miles as i can get, the dispatcher i deal with knows how i like to run and knows she can call or ask and i will accomodate her.

different runs, same distance take different times depending on kinds of highways.

some of us truly love what we are doing and thanks to cell phones and satellite radios with remotes, and people you like working with, this job doesn't get much better.

like someone else said in a different thread, check the other companies site, it's a lot of complaining, not so in ours. we have a good thing going on at od.

Hey CaMaRo2, Does Des Plaines still have the Dix run? When I worked there I ran it for 3 years straight 580every night there and back. Just wondering.

before this gets into a shouting match about can or can't do this, what is the problem with someone wanting to make a run like this?

i for one take as many miles as i can get, the dispatcher i deal with knows how i like to run and knows she can call or ask and i will accomodate her.

different runs, same distance take different times depending on kinds of highways.

some of us truly love what we are doing and thanks to cell phones and satellite radios with remotes, and people you like working with, this job doesn't get much better.

like someone else said in a different thread, check the other companies site, it's a lot of complaining, not so in ours. we have a good thing going on at od.

Spoken like a true professional and a credit to your company. If you ever get tired of OD come over to UPSF. We need a few good men.:1036316054:

Spoken like a true professional and a credit to your company. If you ever get tired of OD come over to UPSF. We need a few good men.:1036316054:

Boy ,this O.D. forum sure has got popular lately.Everbody coming in to visit and keep track of the goings on.Recruiting people out of it.Hell,5 years ago you couldn't buy a friend if you worked for O.D.

I spent 3 1/2 nice years there, I just felt I was working a bit to hard for what I was being paid as well as a pretty hefty health ins payment 250.00per mo for a family of 3. I really cant say anything bad about the company I got my hooks went to the meet and came back put em in the yard go home and do it all over again. If anything ever happens to me at my current position at fxf I would not hesitate to stop back in at des. I left there with no hard feelings and the mgr said dont ever forget about them if something were to happen. Nice place to work but I just wanted something more.

Boy ,this O.D. forum sure has got popular lately.Everbody coming in to visit and keep track of the goings on.Recruiting people out of it.Hell,5 years ago you couldn't buy a friend if you worked for O.D.

My freind don't get a big head. This is a truckingboards family. We all visit and hopefully learn from each other.

You are more than welcome to stop by UPSF board anytime you want to.:smilie_132:

Smart

I spent 3 1/2 nice years there, I just felt I was working a bit to hard for what I was being paid as well as a pretty hefty health ins payment 250.00per mo for a family of 3. I really cant say anything bad about the company I got my hooks went to the meet and came back put em in the yard go home and do it all over again. If anything ever happens to me at my current position at fxf I would not hesitate to stop back in at des. I left there with no hard feelings and the mgr said dont ever forget about them if something were to happen. Nice place to work but I just wanted something more.

That was a smart move leaving like that.A lot of people burn all the bridges and sometimes regret it.He must have known he lost a good man to have said that.