Best way………….

Lazer

WWG1WGA
Credits
To remove industrial adhesive from painted mortar?
Have a wall in the bedroom that had paneling glued to usb board, that was glued to smooth concrete(mortar or plaster) interior wall.
After 40 years the usb pulled way from the adhesive, leaving blotches of black hardened glue on the wall.

To remove industrial adhesive from painted mortar?
Have a wall in the bedroom that had paneling glued to usb board, that was glued to smooth concrete(mortar or plaster) interior wall.
After 40 years the usb pulled way from the adhesive, leaving blotches of black hardened glue on the wall.
I would think you'd probably have to get a heavy duty scraper that you can tap with a hammer and use it like a chisel, and then use dry wall compound to skim coat any damage, but if you do that use a quicker setting compound 45, 20, or 5 minute set, because those have an adhesive additive that makes them stronger with a better bond.

scraper.md.jpeg

I would just go buy a different home.... lol

I'm sure they have some stuff to nuturlize the glue.... talk to your hardware man....

You’ve probably seen scraper attachment for oscillating tool. You can get a larger scraper attachment for reciprocating saw. Either way you’re gonna have to repaint that wall..:1036316054:

You’ve probably seen scraper attachment for oscillating tool. You can get a larger scraper attachment for reciprocating saw. Either way you’re gonna have to repaint that wall..:1036316054:
Ya.... power tools is the best way to go....

I agree.... you are going to have to do some drywall repair work.

If the glue is over the paint, I would try a heat gun to soften things up before scraping. Just use a mask. Who knows what kind of currently outlawed stuff was used to make the glue back then