Holland | Bestway out west to merge.

Skeeter

TB Veteran
Credits
Was told by a Bestway driver that as of Monday Bestway is now Reddaway.
I guess that will be good for Bestway because Reddaway makes more and has better equipment.

Just hope there won't be lay offs with the merger. Sad to say it usually is always the case.

Just a side note several terminals voted in the union and are waiting a contract. I wonder if this is a move to get around the union. Since Reddaway is known for not wanting the union in California.

That is not meant to be a anti-union comment.

I don't think this action was to done to avoid the union with 3 of the barns being turned over to holland. If I'm not mistaken,reddaway has also voted in the union at a few of their locations. Just my 2cents.

Let's hope they we get some swift reply from the IBT Freight Division on the negotiations between USF Reddaway and the Teamsters for protections for the Reddaway and Bestway drivers affected by this "merger/restructuring/reorganization"!

Federal law protects the rights of those seeking organization if a company is sold or restructred by it corporate owner.
It is a direct violation of national labor laws if a corporation is proved to have sold a company or restucred or mergerd a company in it's ownership to avoid union organization.

USF has had this plan in the works for over a decade. It ulimate goal was to merge all over it super regionals into one national carrier.

With Hollands future plans of expansion into the New England states, the next move (several years fro now) will be to merge Holland and New Penn then the merger of Holland and Reddaway. Remember it took Conway 22 years to finalize it plans of being a national carrier, the only difference they were successful in breaking the union with their planned demise of CF.

BY 2012 Holland will be one of Yellow's Big Three.

My fault, It is the Bestway guys that are voting in the union in California. But, I guess it is Reddaway now so same difference..

My fault, It is the Bestway guys that are voting in the union in California. But, I guess it is Reddaway now so same difference..

What happens to the union if they merge the Bestway terminals into the Reddaway terminals. I would think the employees will be given a choice. Because Reddaway drivers in California don't want anything to do with the union.

This is a fact because the teamsters have been trying for years with no luck.

Bestway is a terrible service company that is operating in the 110's. Reddaway needs to make sure only those employees that can service the customer get hired.

For the labor lawayers on this post. WHen a company purchases assets....they do not have to take people. The people that signed cards are not going to be happy.

Bestway is a terrible service company that is operating in the 110's. Reddaway needs to make sure only those employees that can service the customer get hired.

For the labor lawayers on this post. WHen a company purchases assets....they do not have to take people. The people that signed cards are not going to be happy.

Bestway is just being merged into Reddaway. USF Reddaway/Bestway is already owned by YRCW.

From their service map. there were no Reddaway terminals in California. They were Bestway. The Bestway guys would stay at those terminals that stay open and have the option of dovetailing in to terminals now of Reddaway. From what I get of it, If a barn votes a union, it is union until it is a vote to decertify it. If anyone else knows any better, please explain.

No there are plenty of Reddaway terminals in California. But now they are going to merge the Bestway terminals where it is feasible.

Yes you are right the Overnite terminals that had voted in the union had to go through the decertification process before becoming nonunion.

They signed cards under a neutrality agreement with Bestway. None of the California terminals have a contract,so they have nothing. Bestway is gone.

Reddaway has as many terminals as Bestway in California, so there is really no need to take any Bestway employees.

They signed cards under a neutrality agreement with Bestway. None of the California terminals have a contract,so they have nothing. Bestway is gone.

Bestway and Reddaway are wholly owned subsiduaries of YRC National.
Labor laws protected organized, newly organized or terminals under card check from being closed, mergered, or sold to circumvent any organization drive, contract negioation or union troubles. All of these individauls that don't receive their jobs have had their Warn Act rights violated. Any good lawyer can prove, that when a corporation downsizes or consolidates companies into one to reamin under the same corporate umbrella, that the company can't elimate jobs that are protected by labor laws without restatution.

Reddaway has as many terminals as Bestway in California, so there is really no need to take any Bestway employees.

Reddawy has freight to service and a staff to service it.
Bestway has freight to service and a staff to service it.
What makes you think because Reddawy has these terminals that USF/YRC can magically take away one company and completely service the freight with another comany with out using anymore employees or equiptment.

Two 5lb bags of crap don't fit into one 5lb bag

You sound like the typical buttsucking union hater that does back flips when they hear of someone losing their jobs, especailly when those that are losing their jobs had the intestinal fortatued to seek representaion in the form of a union.

Disclaimer; Analogy only, no name calling

You sound like the typical buttsucking union hater that does back flips when they hear of someone losing their jobs, especailly when those that are losing their jobs had the intestinal fortatued to seek representaion in the form of a union.

I was thinking just about the same thing:duh: :chairshot:

Reddawy has freight to service and a staff to service it.
Bestway has freight to service and a staff to service it.
What makes you think because Reddawy has these terminals that USF/YRC can magically take away one company and completely service the freight with another comany with out using anymore employees or equiptment.

Two 5lb bags of crap don't fit into one 5lb bag

I love you!! That was absolutely beautifull!! Will you adopt me? Ilove it when people tell it like it is..