TForce | Better get your heads out of the clouds UPS dosen't need freight.

Just offering a reality check before UPS washes their hands on Freight & dumps that division.

They are a very smart company,they won't hold on to a money drain,
They could easily contract any heavy freight & break up the rest into small pack.
All due respect, but why would you come on here & start a thread if you have no skin in the game? The people that work at UPSF know what’s best for them because they work there....

You are delusional.

It will barely register in the logistics world.
It will be a 2 page article in a few trucking rags for the next couple months. At best.
It will be viewed as a failure and huge stain on David Abney’s resume in an otherwise illustrious career!

Which ever way it goes, good luck to you UPS Freight guys. It's a tough call, things were so much simpler when all the major LTL freight companies were union.

This is just a huge scare tactic that will probably work in conjuction with the fact that most people will not drive to their union Hall to vote. We won’t have the percentage numbers to fully vote it down and Teamsters will than claim we are ratified. Just like they did with small pack.

There is NO WAY they are going to dump freight division. Their portfolio of services does not allow them to have a missing link for customers to chose from. Especially when rival FedEx offers it. The Freight/ LTL division/ Supply chain is a big part of their success.

Right now UPS is cleaning the system out in the event a strike happens. They don’t want to burn bridges with customers, and have freight sitting stagnant in the system.

Sales force have been calling customers all day allowing them to divert their freight to other carriers for now. That’s integrity and transparency on their part. Again, they don’t want to burn the bridges. It’s a strategic move to keep customers by being honest.

Starting 11-1-18, UPS will pick up 5 day points, 11-2-18 will be 4 day points, 11-3-18 will be 3 day points etc.
I’m sure we will lose customers in the event of a strike or no strike . It’s going to take a lot to gain their trust and have them ship with us.

In the event that we are Ratified and the fact that UPS purged the system, it will be pretty slow.

I still say “vote no” on this last best final bread crumb of a crap deal. There is room for more negotiations and there are money reserves even though they claim not. (Poker game)
I feel we will cave in like the last time and it will be advantage UPS.

This ^
Big business thinks the little guy is dumb as a box of rocks. They won’t shut the doors

Fed EX frt has said they will not pick up any UPSFRT shipments.
UPS frt and supply chain posted 260 million profit for 3rd quarter.Thats 1 billion annually,just something to think about.

Fed EX frt has said they will not pick up any UPSFRT shipments.
There isn't a statement in the English language that would accurately convey how absurd that is.

My old barn had a pre shift meeting, that's sole reason was to inform drivers about the current potential for getting additional pickups specifically because of UPS's failure.

But do keep living in the world of perpetual Birthday Parties, and Ice cream with sprinkles.

Ups is just days from making it's biggest blunder in almost 15yrs,and if you think for a moment, that their #1 competitor isn't foaming at the mouth on ways to capitalize on it, then pass whatever you're smoking, because what I got ain't nearly as strong.

Last edited:
There isn't a statement in the English language that would accurately convey how absurd that is.

My old barn had a pre shift meeting, that's sole reason was to inform drivers about the current potential for getting additional pickups specifically because of UPS's failure.

But do keep living in the world of perpetual Birthday Parties, and Ice cream with sprinkles.

Ups is just days from making it's biggest blunder in almost 15yrs,and if you think for a moment, that their #1 competitor isn't foaming at the mouth on ways to capitalize on it, then pass whatever you're smoking, because what I got ain't nearly as strong.

FedEx doesn’t need or want freight from UPS freight. We’re at capacity as it is so stop stoking the fire. You don’t even work at FedEx anymore. That being said, UPSF isn’t going on strike... the top dogs are bluffing

And not that it’s my business anyway because I’m just trolling, but Freight needs to be compensated the same as their feeder drivers IMO

Last edited:
FedEx doesn’t need or want freight from UPS freight. We’re at capacity as it is so stop stoking the fire. You don’t even work at FedEx anymore. That being said, UPSF isn’t going on strike... the top dogs are bluffing

FxF getting UPS's missed freight is irrelevant.

SOMEONE OTHER than UPS will get the freight. That's the point.

They need Freight division to compete with Fedex some companies want to ship their freight and packages with the same company same Account Executive one phone call! Call their bluff VOTE NO it's not shutting down no way.
UPS Coyote, UPS Cartage and UPS Truck Load is on standby.

Just offering a reality check before UPS washes their hands on Freight & dumps that division.

They are a very smart company,they won't hold on to a money drain,
They could easily contract any heavy freight & break up the rest into small pack.
No doubt about it!

No doubt about it!
I sit listen to all you people whine about how bad you have it.

You Freight are all nonunion before UPS bought you. We tried to organize you way back in the day all you did was look down at us union people . No wave no how’s it going that’s all gone see you don’t know that generation . How people actually fought for there jobs do you remember the freight strike or the 97 package strike. I do, see package looks down at freight as you have been givin your contracts on the backs of package. You’ve never had to fight for what you have, I do wish UPS never bought Overnight the deal that was made not to be in the multi employer fund is what killed union freight. That’s what polished off the central states, so I say to you brother and sister you don’t know what a old school teamster has ever fought for put your ass on the line before the holiday tell your wife I need to fight for my job ever done that No.

Remember this your only as strong as your competition, your freight would be sucked up as fast as CF’s was. Now that was a union shop.
So I say to you put you cards on the table call there bluff if that’s what it is everyone on the street with a half brain knows Ups freight doesn’t make coin. It’s not going to hurt them to close up shop as that’s what there doing. Does anyone remember international bakery In KC they voted no then they closed. It’s a different world now do what you must. But most of all VOTE drag your brothers to the hall ...

All due respect, but why would you come on here & start a thread if you have no skin in the game? The people that work at UPSF know what’s best for them because they work there....
Excuse me you devil worshipping, illuminati. Your ABF, go back to your den of iniquity. UPS Freight gets top wages and benefits, not to mention their single employer pension fund has real money in it. Not promises based on unrealistic actuarial assumptions.

Excuse me you devil worshipping, illuminati. Your ABF, go back to your den of iniquity. UPS Freight gets top wages and benefits, not to mention their single employer pension fund has real money in it. Not promises based on unrealistic actuarial assumptions.
Yeah, and it’s only the old timers that get the option to stay in the more lucrative pension formula. VOTE NO!