better keep that anti virus up to date

if anyone wanted to hack my pc, i say go for it.

all they will find is about 45 gigs of p0rn0 stuff, and whatnot.

the hackers attack big corporations, and maybe a few individuals that are rich and famous.

most of us are nothing.

It would probably be cheaper to just go with Apple products, which are immune for some reason.

It would probably be cheaper to just go with Apple products, which are immune for some reason.
from what i had heard, (on the internet, so it HAS to be true), M$ as we all know is a multi-billion dollar corporation and to this day, cannot make an operating system either bug free or dependable, over Apple.

when i was searching for anew pc, back in the day, i was seeing how much RAM was needed.recommended. it was quite a bit, well over 1 gig.

compared to Apple, they said about 800 MB's......!!!

Apple it has been said, is a more robust system.

going back to the billion-dollar empire, people hate M$, and this is why it gets hacked all the more.

needless to say, i have not yet invested in any Apple products. on average, they do cost more, and for what little i do, i cannot justify the cost.

I begrudgingly bought an iPad because they are eliminating paper versions of critical flight information but I do like the thing. Then I went with an iPhone for lack of knowing what to get and it was free with Verizon, my chosen provider. Mac lovers are quite cultish and tout how great they are.

I begrudgingly bought an iPad because they are eliminating paper versions of critical flight information but I do like the thing. Then I went with an iPhone for lack of knowing what to get and it was free with Verizon, my chosen provider. Mac lovers are quite cultish and tout how great they are.
i think a Snickers bar is a great thing too. but i nary run out to buy a product only because a few speak highly of it.

i think a Snickers bar is a great thing too. but i nary run out to buy a product only because a few speak highly of it.
LOL I left out the part that for some reason the good aviation software was only written for iOS. Riddle me that. :shrug:

My wife just got scammed by some foreign hacker site just last week.
She was asking me if she could purchase a new Dell laptop on QVC her favorite shopping channel.
Well I gave in,& the second time she went on-line with it ,an 800 number popped up that she should call because her computer was loaded with viruses.She was all distraught,& started whining to me that she had to call.

I told her don't call,then asked how could a brand new computer be that infected with viruses?
She is next to clueless with with technology so she didn't have an answer.

When I felt she had calmed down & we could deal with her computer issue the next day.
I went to bed,next thing I know in the morning,she tells me she took my wallet out of my pants & used my bank visa card to pay the guy she called on the 800 number.
I nearly went ballistic yelling at her that I told her not to call,which only made here upset all the more.

I went online to check my credit card statement & saw a charge for $250.00 & $150.00, I quickly called visa customer service for them to block the card from anymore charges.
(What a pain in the neck.)

Well then this spammer calls my wife back saying the card isn't working for them any more,(DUH).
The nerve,I guess after me explaining to visa customer service what had happened they disallowed the original charges.
Visa told me after 48 hours I was to call back to reactivate my card after everything was set straight.

So I agreed with my wife to take her lap top to our local BestBuy & have them check it out.
Turns out they said she was among many who had brought computers in within the last week with the same issue.
They told her as soon as she called the 800 number & gave them information about her operating system they infected the computer & wanted a chargecard account to clear everything out.
BestBuy charged $200.00 to clean out the viruses,& install a good firewall,for future protection.

So my wife tells me from now on she'd take my advise, when I tell her not to do something.
Yeah right after 45 years of marriage,she is going to start now,I rather doubt it.
Crazy thing is she doesn't even use her lap top,she uses her smart phone which she was used to even before the lap top purchase.
Oh my women???She's a beauty,but I still love her.

until the feds force apple to create a way to hack their encryption You might want to reconsider who your voting for unless you want to switch phone manufacturing companies ?

my opinion, I would seriously consider doing so

I'm a ATT guy......but would prefer Verizon service after my Wife slows down....... We had Verizon a few decades ago..maybe 15 ?..?I don't remember.
Puffy no no no#!. They have fantastic covered area for the money you pay per month. I'll sell this house and hit my forever house in about 5-10 years.put a big garage in, and a few tunnels. ..lol. She will fell safe on the open road with Verizon service no one else comes close in usable coverage area !

I had all the bases covered when I had my iPad on with AT&T and my iPhone on with Verizon and my Magic Jack (which I expect to have forever). AT&T has the best options on plans but they have limited coverage at camp. Verizon has coverage at camp but not so good at my old house, new house has great coverage. Magic Jack has an app that rings on both of them. I don't have the iPad on a cell plan right now.

Since I'm using a HP Laptop OTR, I have disconnected Windows Firewall and ELIMINATED the useless Norton crap in favor of Malware Bytes PREMIUM as well McAfee TOTAL protection AND Piriform CCleaner PREMIUM.
Hacks and Viruses are not problems.

APO,
I "fell for that scam" last year and it only cost about $300.00 to get all viruses cleaned out, hence the uses of the above systems/programs.

Best part of your post:
So my wife tells me from now on she'd take my advise, when I tell her not to do something.
Yeah right after 45 years of marriage,she is going to start now,I rather doubt it.

CHEERS!!!

Since I'm using a HP Laptop OTR, I have disconnected Windows Firewall and ELIMINATED the useless Norton crap in favor of Malware Bytes PREMIUM as well McAfee TOTAL protection AND Piriform CCleaner PREMIUM.
Hacks and Viruses are not problems.

APO,
I "fell for that scam" last year and it only cost about $300.00 to get all viruses cleaned out, hence the uses of the above systems/programs.

Best part of your post:

CHEERS!!!
my malwarebytes premium will not alow ccleaner to install. i once had ccleaner and liked it too.