BEWARE American Income Life Policies

DeputyDog

TB Lurker
Credits
American Income Life Company targets teamsters to buy various types of policies. My husband and I had 4 policies with this company. Unfortunately I lost him to cancer in May, 2018 (Lee Ocker, ABF).
We owned 2 life policies, an accident policy and a hospital indemnity policy. The company paid the life policy to me as his beneficiary. They have denied a 9 day hospital stay (6 of which were in ICU) because he was transferred from the local hospital to Cancer Treatment Centers Of America. And his fall causing a brain bleed was deemed not an accident because of having cancer.

Please be informed!!!! They never mention any of this when selling you a policy. And, here is the real kicker—try to call an agent to get an answer! I had to file a claim with the state of Texas, call every office I could locate online, leave a message with no response from anyone! Then I called and changed my message to “I’m interested in buying insurance” in order to talk to an agent!
Feeling cheated by policies paid monthly since 1992.

frankly, i never bought any extra insurances from unknown companies.

now, i am not saying that american income life is a fly-by-night operation.....no, as they have ONE office in my entire state.

what i am saying is that there are many such insurances out there, and they are very specific in how to insure a person, with all thier clauses and amendments, and such.

i think what it comes down to is, be vigilant in asking questions, and reading a policy and if an agent can not or does not answer questions, shoe him (or her) to the door.

it's sorta like any car repair insurance program you see advertised on tv, or on the radio or news papers...

these are best left not to be bothered with, as they hold no real value to the car owner, nor the shop doing the repairs.

when times are tough, those insurance companies are like flies to dog crap, trying to take our hard earned monies, and NOT pay out.

American Income Life Company targets teamsters to buy various types of policies. My husband and I had 4 policies with this company. Unfortunately I lost him to cancer in May, 2018 (Lee Ocker, ABF).
We owned 2 life policies, an accident policy and a hospital indemnity policy. The company paid the life policy to me as his beneficiary. They have denied a 9 day hospital stay (6 of which were in ICU) because he was transferred from the local hospital to Cancer Treatment Centers Of America. And his fall causing a brain bleed was deemed not an accident because of having cancer.

Please be informed!!!! They never mention any of this when selling you a policy. And, here is the real kicker—try to call an agent to get an answer! I had to file a claim with the state of Texas, call every office I could locate online, leave a message with no response from anyone! Then I called and changed my message to “I’m interested in buying insurance” in order to talk to an agent!
Feeling cheated by policies paid monthly since 1992.

Thanks for the information.

A true "LIFE" policy will always pay out with few exceptions like fraud. Some life policies will even pay out early if you are terminal. The AD&D polices or "ACCIDENT" policies will always try to get out of paying. An example would be a family member drives off a cliff after suffering a heart attack while driving. They will try to say it was the heart attack that killed them and not the accident. It is just better to never give these companies your money. A life policy is typically the same price. Hire an attorney if you are unable to make a claim and you believe you are owed money. That is your best bet at this point.