BEWARE OF THE SLUG!!!!!!!!! You are giving him life

Discussion in 'Southeastern Freight Lines' started by Girn, Jan 9, 2009.

1. benbai66

benbai66 Member

also i have to add i love the sports analogies-the great ones want the ball everytime,you think give a hoot about the guy on the sidelines watching.you think kurt warner cares that matt lienart is making 60 million for watching?heck no!hes making a fraction of that.but guess what? hes playin baby! hes gettin it done.he knows and everybody else knows that hes one of the main reasons the cardinals are where they are at.along with the rest of guys that sell out everytime they take the field.i get fired up on this subject,we get paid to do a job,we get paid to do all we can do.it is wrong to occupy valuable time and energy worrying about joe blow who probably couldnt find his truck if he backed into it 3 times and a foghorn went off.they arent worth it .like the nike commercial says JUST DO IT.do it everyday.God bless all .be happy .be content.be proud.

2. racehorse

racehorse Member

ben i was trying to say that also...forget about the slug....i have been drving a few years and i have always let it all hang out...thats the way i was raised....and think its a boomer thang......i do get alot more tired now...really tired in the afternoon.....just like the older players but i keep pluging along.....i can hardly wait for retirement .....its not fun wishing you could do what you use to do and cant....but i would put my numbers up against anyones in the company and i do wish i had an easer run....and maybe i will one day...for now i am doing all i can and i hope that the company takes that into fact....i dont like to say this but i am getting slower rather than faster.....

3. Girn

Girn Member

It's not about age. Why age ever was introduced into this thread is beyond me????? It's about the people who drag their feet and do not try to be a productive associate and be a team player!!! And at the mental and physical expense of the go getter. Age is not the variable-ignorance is!!!!

4. racehorse

racehorse Member

:bowdown:do forgive me of my short comings....i misunderstood the post...just trying to help...go ahead and enjoy your brandy and cigars....again sorry.......

5. Girn

Girn Member

no need to apologize, you are sincere and that's what counts!!!!

6. benbai66

benbai66 Member

guys like racehorse and others are probably 3 times the man that soemof the young slugs are.they were raised up working hard ,and even if they are a tad slower now than in years past.they still put others to shame .younger guys have never really had the chances some of us have had to be physical and know what its like to truly bust yer can and sleep like a baby at night .i think alot of us with military experience also have an advantage ,where it isnt a foreign concept to challenge ones self and to be proud of enduring difficult circumstances.i know i thrive on it.

7. Girn

Girn Member

no need to to apologize, you are true and compassionate and seem to be a team player!

8. Girn

Girn Member

You said a mouthful benbai66!!! Without the experienced, the youngsters can not learn.

9. tinabell902

tinabell902 Member

Good work ethic and attitude will prevail. If times get tougher, and they very well may, the "slugs" won't last. Mike Huckabee said it best on his program, In these tight times customer service will decide who the players are. The best will survive.:smilie_132:

10. mikejones234

mikejones234 Member

i have no incentive to work harder when i see guys taking several breaks and hour lunches, ill be a team player and play on there team.

11. benbai66

benbai66 Member

( slowly shakes head).......... go ahead man,swap over to the LOSING team

12. fifthwheelga

fifthwheelga Member

13. mikejones234

mikejones234 Member

yall are starting to loose me on this thread, keep the military and football out of your post. i only made it past 8th grade.