Central Transport | Bi-weekly paychecks

OffTheWall

TB Lurker
Credits
From what I heard...July 27th will be the last weekly check...starting August 10 we are suppose to receive biweekly payroll. ( I could have the actual dates not quite right but somewhere in that area)

So, for one week, Vitran gets to sit on payroll and draw interest on that balance. The part in the letter about problems keeping everything straight is cow manure.... one state for wal mart is more than this whole company, and they get paid just fine using Kronos like clocks. Not one person had anything good to say this morning, a few didn't agree but still saying they will still get paid anyway (and I can see their point) but most other are saying this is the beginning of the end.

what I would like to know is how are they going to handle the drivers being on different pay weeks (former pjax being 2 weeks behind, former vitran Indy being one week behind) are the pjax drivers going to get a double check on the 27th or are we going to get a 3 week check on the 10th or are the vitran drivers going to get a 1 week check on the 10th and pjax get a 2 week check, or are we going to be paid on different bi-weekly periods?

what I would like to know is how are they going to handle the drivers being on different pay weeks (former pjax being 2 weeks behind, former vitran Indy being one week behind) are the pjax drivers going to get a double check on the 27th or are we going to get a 3 week check on the 10th or are the vitran drivers going to get a 1 week check on the 10th and pjax get a 2 week check, or are we going to be paid on different bi-weekly periods?
vitran will just hold everyones back more, just add on the delay to what you already have. the ones that really get screwed are the former pjax drivers, but they're also top scale and the group keylon wants out. if you don't like it thn just leave, is what they're hoping. if we can't get you to quit now, wait til the tiered wage dvd.

yep im in the pjax boat myself ... they should double us on the 27th to make us right (but theyll screw us) ... its almost going to be worth it to quit in august .. theyll owe me 3 weeks of pay.. i can quit , get a new job instantly and get a check from my new company and then get a 3 week vitran check , itll be like getting 4 checks in 2 weeks !! next time im in a financial jam ill quit vitran to catch up on my bills !

I believe there is cost savings in going to bi weekly. However, with the lack of raises and unhappy folks it is a bad time to mess with peoples money in anyway. But, as previously stated it appears the goal is to get rid of drivers across the board. We will get raises when enough drivers quit and there are no others coming in .

if cost savings are the real objective maybe they should look at the dr's that waste probably close to 30,000 sheets of paper a week system wide, by printing continued on pg 1 then only printing totals on pg 2, totals could have been printed instead of continued and saved on sheet,or when you print the same info over and over three or four times and make a dr go from 1 or 2 pages to 4 or 5 pages, that's a lot of wasted paper not to mention toner.

Fudgie, I called the phone# at the bottom of the letter. Payroll told me that NOBODY gets a check issued on 8-3. It will work like this: If you are on the 2 wk. delay you will get a check for the last week owed previous and the first wk. of the new 2 week settlement. The following ck. will be for 2nd week of the last pay period and the first week of the new 2 week pay period. So, you will always be 1 week behind like you were. Basically, the co. will always owe you 3 weeks pay. Now, the people who hire in after this whole thing starts(if there are any) will have to wait 4 weeks to receive their first pay check. BUT, if you read the last paragragh, the company ONLY looking out for your family's best interest by helping us manage OUR money better.

for former pjax drivers,basically when you get paid on aug 10th, the two week check will be for july 16th-20th and july 23rd-27th (if you were a weekday driver). that leaves july 30th-aug 3rd and aug6th-10th (if you were a weekday driver) to be paid on aug 24th. but former vitran drivers will be paid on aug 10th for july 23rd-27th and july 30th-aug 3rd, so basically the gap stays the same only we both get paid every two weeks. and i thought we were one company.

Fudgie, I called the phone# at the bottom of the letter. Payroll told me that NOBODY gets a check issued on 8-3. It will work like this: If you are on the 2 wk. delay you will get a check for the last week owed previous and the first wk. of the new 2 week settlement. The following ck. will be for 2nd week of the last pay period and the first week of the new 2 week pay period. So, you will always be 1 week behind like you were. Basically, the co. will always owe you 3 weeks pay. Now, the people who hire in after this whole thing starts(if there are any) will have to wait 4 weeks to receive their first pay check. BUT, if you read the last paragragh, the company ONLY looking out for your family's best interest by helping us manage OUR money better.
Yea-I liked that part- helping us to budget better. LOL. I don't need their help-look at their track record on that issue! Everyone of us sees waste daily and could help them budget better!
The two week change is just another sign they are on the edge financially. Despite being almost July, we are not as busy as the same time last year...

Other than single income homes that do live paycheck to paycheck people are really over reacting as per the norm. Yeah it will be a adjustment the first month, after that it will be the norm. Like everyone i thought the newsletter was corny. "IF" the company decides to level the playing field on pay, well its about friggin time. Yeah some of you guys are going to lose money, to bad so sad sucks to be you.

has anyone else thought about the payweek this will effect, for all the former PJAX drivers our last weekly check will be one of the three heaviest vacation weeks of the year with the week between Christmas and new years being first, week after the fourth being second and week of the fourth being third or vice versa depending on when the fourth falls. so if you are former PJAX and on vacation either the fourth or the week after, one or both of your last two weekly checks will be small,and have to carry you for two weeks. great way to treat former PJAX drivers.

has anyone else thought about the payweek this will effect, for all the former PJAX drivers our last weekly check will be one of the three heaviest vacation weeks of the year with the week between Christmas and new years being first, week after the fourth being second and week of the fourth being third or vice versa depending on when the fourth falls. so if you are former PJAX and on vacation either the fourth or the week after, one or both of your last two weekly checks will be small,and have to carry you for two weeks. great way to treat former PJAX drivers.

this place will always be pjax haunted, bet you they'll double up on the valuable positions (h.r. dept, osd, ect...in the new bldg in pit and eventually close the indy headquarters. this company should've kept the pjax name and canned the vitran name.