Estes | Bid once a year? Yes or No

There needs to be a poll put up in this thread for bidding on company time vs classification......Answers need to be honest. For example... I have the opportunity to be bumped either way, but i would rather be bumped by a driver with more company time than another driver in a class b/c of technicality...

All the hub drivers I know wish they would have been put on LH years ago. Hang in there and suck it up dcps. You'll be like KD one day with seniority built back up making 600+ miles a night just going to 010 and back.

All the hub drivers I know wish they would have been put on LH years ago. Hang in there and suck it up dcps. You'll be like KD one day with seniority built back up making 600+ miles a night just going to 010 and back.

No not necessarily, small terminals are loosing runs, not adding them.. Mine has lost 4-5 and we are down to 2 L/H and 2 Hub. Chances of anything new comming is next to none with new terminals that have opened up and stole area away from us. DCPS is on to something. You have to remember a lot of us are in terminals that have only been open 5-10 years so 7-9 years is top in these terminals.

IMO even if they made you bottom of the board for a year or even two, then allowed you to rejoin with full company time. That would discourage people from jumping boards yet give light at the end of the tunnel for those who do or in a lot of cases get's forced to change boards. I believe Dayton freight does it this way and works well.

ok say bid every year wins, why not just go to extra board for a short while and then when bid time comes take something else, why disrupt a lot of driver's and there families
:beerchug:

ok say bid every year wins, why not just go to extra board for a short while and then when bid time comes take something else, why disrupt a lot of driver's and there families

It's only fair to everyone by doing yearly bids. It's all going to trickle down by seniority. It's a no brainer system they are going to use. In the military they use rank. Your earn your rank by hard work, attitude and making smart decisions. Since their is no such thing of an intellogent truck driver and Estes drivers don't actually work hard:biglaugh: I guess they feel things need to be done by senioriy even though some folks with a pi$$ poor attitude really don't deserve a gravy run in my book. Personally my wife and I get along better with me being gone because I'm a grouch when I fill in for another driver and have to come home and sleep for 2 hours.

:ranting2:The whole problem is a yearly bid system is not gonna fix ::shit::. Seniority isnt even playing a role here, its about luck of the draw. Keep hangin in there eh...I bet the guys that r sayin that arnt gonna loose their runs to someone with less time with the company...Me against the world on this and i'm not gonna win, but if its truly gonna be fair, it has to start by rebidding by company time.....

So you guys think its alright that they changed my classification 6 months ago from hub to line haul??? I had x yrs on hub...now with this rebid, i'll be bidding w/10 months line haul and gonna lose my run to a guy with 3yrs with the company...I have 7 yrs with the company...thats fair eh....Any of you 20 something year drivers should'nt have anything to worry about right??? So in fact the company time bid WOULD work to everyones advantage...Less people would get railroaded this way...Don't forget how many drivers got shafted last year!!!! Hub utility guys lost all class time 2 weeks before the bid ( a few guys i know had 4-5 years in this, not counting their 10+ years with the company), line haul guys either bid on hub runs or went eb, hub runs got cancelled...talking about looking to the future in short term????? If it is a complete system rebid, than each class needs to be rebid through company time, and they can't jump class unless no one takes a particular bid in that class. If your in linehaul, than u can only bid in linehaul, so on and so on...You just should'nt be allowed to jump classes, i totally agree...But to get the "board" back to normal, it NEEDS to go by company time............................................................

I'm telling you, this IS the only way to be fair...That way the guys who lost classification senioriy last year might have a chance to get a run.....

bid

why is it ok to disrupt me and my family but not yours , what makes you so special?

If your bid run gets cut you go to the extra board, untill bid time...thats what i've been told!

That wasn't the way it was explained to me..if you lose your run,the TM will call you and ask what run,underneathe you,do you want,you chose the run,and he will advise the driver of who's run you chose,you start it then..No extra-board..Then, the snowball affect begins...You bid within your category..

Teams are teams--No bidding off team to gain a linehaul run

Linehaul/Linehaul Extra-Board---are within the same ( haven't really got clarification on whether extra-board runs will go up for bid or not)which will only be a "day out" type bid..

Hub--is Hub---No bidding amoung linehaul runs..Only can bid on Hub runs..

Utility--Will do whatever is available to do at the time..City/Linehaul/Hub/Team coverage for vacation or sickness..

City Driver--Stays the same as before..

Team-- Linehaul/Linehaul Extra-Board--Hub--Will bid within their category.

This was what was explained to me Monday night..

If anyone finds out something different,please post so the rest will know..Don't make things up,please..There is enough confusion out there as it is..When it is explained to you,it will be read off a memo that is sent to the TM..So all should be the same..

I'm telling you, this IS the only way to be fair...That way the guys who lost classification senioriy last year might have a chance to get a run.....

In the memo from Jr, "Company time" will NOT be apart of the bidding process..It will be your total seniority within that category..I feel the same as you do..But, we are working and that is what is important..

In the memo from Jr, "Company time" will NOT be apart of the bidding process..It will be your total seniority within that category..I feel the same as you do..But, we are working and that is what is important..
Well, the "just lucky to have a job" bit only goes so far...I called Mike E. (ext2369) on monday about this bidding crap and he "agrees" that they do need to start from the top... He said he will aproach JR with it, but JR's a stubborn bastard that doesnt realize that just bc "we have always done it that way" does'nt mean it'll work now...We'er not the 40th largest carrier anymore...We are the 7th, somethings have to change...The way the bidding used to work was fine b4, but we have outgrown it!!!! Other drivers just need to make a call too....thats the only way to get their attention. I know 2 other drivers that called on monday. remember, our forefathers fought for what THEY believed in!!!!!!

Well, the "just lucky to have a job" bit only goes so far...I called Mike E. (ext2369) on monday about this bidding crap and he "agrees" that they do need to start from the top... He said he will aproach JR with it, but JR's a stubborn bastard that doesnt realize that just bc "we have always done it that way" does'nt mean it'll work now...We'er not the 40th largest carrier anymore...We are the 7th, somethings have to change...The way the bidding used to work was fine b4, but we have outgrown it!!!! Other drivers just need to make a call too....thats the only way to get their attention. I know 2 other drivers that called on monday. remember, our forefathers fought for what THEY believed in!!!!!!

You are right DCPS,things can change..Do I believe they will,it's doubtful..If it does,and it helps,then I'm all for it..We are now a part of our forefathers..What we have done and what we help to have changed,will benefit the youngsters..I think Estes has embraced change better than I thought they would..But,some things they won't budge on..I think this may be one of those things..

I still think we should all bid as a company not ooooh Im a road driver,Or Ohhhhh Im a hub driver, or OOOOHHH im a city driver if we would train all drivers to do all jobs would be alot simpler but I forgot ooohh I used to be a dock worker now Im "TRUCK DRIVER" that couldnt find his or her way out of a paper bag even if the GPS told them to turn right???????? let alone find his or her own place to sleep unless someone told them how to get to the MOTEL OR DOWN STAIRS TO THE BUNK HOUSE????????? so lets all suck it up and no that "God is great, Beer is Good, and People are crazy"

[YT]<object width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/R7xkqkveCqo&hl=en&fs=1&&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/R7xkqkveCqo&hl=en&fs=1&&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;></embed></object>[/YT]

im sick of all the whining out here. i just wish that they would lay off the people they need to and then rebid the whole thing.there are olot of people that would quit after a week on the extra board,then id probely quit if i had to go in the city or hub.just get it done so i can plan for the crap and what the government is going to give us next. that might be worse then all of this

Can anyone tell me according to their meeting what happens to the Utility person? I was hired P&D, and just before the layoffs came last year, I was sent too the Utility category without being asked. So if we are bidding by company seniority, I should be able to bump others who have come in under me and been placed in better positions right!!!

Ya that's right. I spent several years on the board before and I've been on it this time for 'bout 4 months. No big deal.
I'll snag me another schedule one of these days.

It was nice running 10 and back this week though. I filled in for a daytime schedule.
Man the leaves on Sams gap and Buckner gap were awesome!