TForce | bidding tractors 4 city use

goodwrench101

TB Lurker
Credits
Are there any terminals out there that bid tractors for city use? We are having a problem-junior men are being assigned newer equipment and senior men have to drive the junk. We want to bid equip but our tm says no. Any info would be appreciated.

Are there any terminals out there that bid tractors for city use? We are having a problem-junior men are being assigned newer equipment and senior men have to drive the junk. We want to bid equip but our tm says no. Any info would be appreciated.

No bidding 4 tractors in the city or linehaul here. The senior drivers in the city take the longer runs, so they get the older "city only" trucks, because they are not back in time for linehaul to depart sometimes. If a senior driver dosen't take a long city route then they take the early start, and linehaul is not back yet..........I guess you got to be a line haul driver or a junior city driver to get a decent truck at my barn.........is the newer tractors that much better? just give me A/C and a steering wheel.

Our fleet up here is in some what good condition. What some of them go down we sometimes have to use the sleeper in the city.

you should bid on tractors at least the ones that are in the city only birmingham bids tractors and routes according to the contract but they dont like it and the t/m says hes going to stop the pratice of bidding both and we tell him if he wants his production to go to c h i t then try and stop the practice if we all slow down to prove a point that shows strenght and unnity talk to each other about the problems in your terminals and react by SLOW WALKING THEM you know safety first buckle up and three points of contacts getting out of the tractor safety chains etc follow the rules and never get in a hurry

Last edited by a moderator: