Bids

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I'm going back and forth, night shuttle or delivery. This is a 3 month bid.

I figured I would come to my friends for advice.

Shuttle start 1700-1830 get off 12 hrs later

Delivery start 0300-0500 get off 9-15 hrs later

The money is close, more on delivery most weeks, however with school letting out, I will lose alot of my out of town stuff and wind up running Tulsa and I hate that! I still have a chance at some of the out of town but most will be in the metro.

With shuttle I will have to sleep days, its a lifestyle change, but one that I'm heavily considering.

I'm pretty sure I will be able to bid shuttle or I wouldn't be putting this up.

I honestly want to hear what you guys think, I know its a personal decision, I just want to hear what the people on here that I have come to know as friends have to say. I know I'm asking for the impossible, but still, some of you, if not all of you know how much I value what you have to say, your input might help me make an intelligent decision.

I really need help, my head is so clogged with all the thoughts that come with making this sort of decision.

Dianna is on board, so is her daughter, they both understand what comes with me sleeping days, so thats good.

Thanks,

GT

GT,

Since it's only a 3 month bid, I'd try the shuttle to see how it works for you and your family. Just my opinion, but you can tough out 3 months, right? Take some vacation time if it sucks that badly! :)

Thanks PFlash, I need to try something different I'm thinking, I'm just fed up with alot of whats going on, we are the only food company that is out at 1800 and 1900 at night, turning on 10 to come back to work, all the others have put it to bed a long time before. Its because of poor loading, routing, ect., nothing against our router, he is a great guy and very helpful, some routes and decisions made are just really stupid, like giving a guy a pup with 24 stops and 700 cases and the guy 3 routes down gets a 36' or 38' with 600 cases and 14 stops, goofy stuff like that.

Running out of town has made all the difference in my quality of life here and my happieness, with schools out and the way they will jocky the bids around, there will be one maybe 2 days a week out of town out of 5, where now, I'm out of the rat race all week.

Sorry, just venting, LOL, I gotta make up my mind pretty quick. :)

Do the shuttle for the 3 months. Have your body rest and get back to where it was. I know you got hurt a month ago so do the shuttle and relax. If you like it after the 3 months stay on it or if you dont like it go back to delivery. Thats just my 2 cents. or you can come over to Marting Brower and not push the 2 wheeler lol

Do the shuttle for the 3 months. Have your body rest and get back to where it was. I know you got hurt a month ago so do the shuttle and relax. If you like it after the 3 months stay on it or if you dont like it go back to delivery. Thats just my 2 cents. or you can come over to Marting Brower and not push the 2 wheeler lol

I asked Di if she wanted to move to MN again today, she shot me the evil eye..she is a TX girl, cold weather ain't her thing..LOL!!!

would the shuttle require you to pull doubles?

would you be doing any excessive waiting at your turn around point for either the other driver to show up, or the place where you go, to have your next trailer ready?

sleeping days is a biotch. i know, i've been a "night time" driver for way too many years, and i never get used to it.
i am lucky if i can sleep 3 hours when i first get to bed. then i am tired during the day, and cannot function.i need to take "up to" 2 additional naps each day.

no matter what i do, i cannot sleep. no amount of "fabricated darkness" will fool me into thinking it is night time so that i can sleep.

no amount of watching what i eat or drink before bedtime, will fool me into thinking i can sleep.

even thuogh i prefer driving at night time, i would still rather have a job days, but NOT that of a driving job either.

the amount of aggravation, we go thru each and every day, winds me up so much, that a restful sleep is next to impossible. if you experience ANY amount of aggravation during the day, but you fall asleep easily at night, then stay on day shift.

3 months may NOT BE enough for your body to adjust to a new routine of, sleeping, eating, bathroom time, etc,etc.

i think the first 3 to 4 weeks you will be so exhausted, you will want out of the bid of shuttles.

Thanks Pro1, we will be pulling doubles and triples, the trips are 28's, the doubles are 45, 42, 40, 38, 36, in any compination, also double pups, just depends on the route demands, I have worked nights a bunch, I sleep ok during the day when its quiet, I'm in a pretty quiet condo community, you are right, I never got used to nights totally, the time I was happiest on nights was when I got divorced the first time and 5 days a week I would go to work at 2100, get off at 0700 or so, on the weekends I would live the same life, in otherwords, on sat morning I went to sleep till sat night, I kept the same hours all the time, I'm thinking that might not be a problem for me, given Diannas hours, they are crazy wierd!

I may give it a shot, at least its a short bid, if I'm miserable, I don't have to be for very long.

Thanks Pro1, for coming over here and giving me your take, I appreciate it! :)