Estes | Bids

Just make two boards Road and City, like every other company out there and it would end the mass confusion at this company. How bout the 8 months I did as a utility driver back in 09, means that I spent 8 months at this company and goes for none, spent 8 months here for nothin. I should have left, and went to one were you are just a driver and your time matters.

wa wa wa . you must be going through menoupause with all thecrying you do. if you dont like it, leave

Just make two boards Road and City, like every other company out there and it would end the mass confusion at this company. How bout the 8 months I did as a utility driver back in 09, means that I spent 8 months at this company and goes for none, spent 8 months here for nothin. I should have left, and went to one were you are just a driver and your time matters.

And what benefit would have done for ya? It's hard to get back on top when you have to work your way back up...I know... I quit a company with 9 1/2 years because of the treatment I was getting... Yeah, I'm gone, but the feeling of leaving with that type of tenure, worried me for a long time... Now that I've been here for 13 years, I feel a little better about what I did... It's two sides to every coin, it doesn;t make a difference until the coin flips to the wrong side...

I agree there should be only two boards, city and linehaul... But for some reason the powers that be, don't feel the same way... For me, it's worked out fine... But for some, especially the ones at the larger terminals,it may not... So do you sit around and fuss about what's going on, or make what's going on work in your favor....

I havn't been here very long, the senority system is different but it's not really confusing. You've been working for the company for years and I assume know how the system is set up, why did you go to utility?

We had some guys in my barn hire on around the same time as me. I hired in Linehaul, they hired in Utility. They loved being home every day. Now that they've been here a few years, they hate that they didn't gain any seniority. I was extraboard for a while, stayed gone all the time, and my time counted. Those Utility guys b*tch and complain everyday about how Estes has done them wrong. The way I see it, they took the easy way out. I hit the road and stayed gone. It sucked, but I was told how the system worked and I did what they were unwilling to do.

We had some guys in my barn hire on around the same time as me. I hired in Linehaul, they hired in Utility. They loved being home every day. Now that they've been here a few years, they hate that they didn't gain any seniority. I was extraboard for a while, stayed gone all the time, and my time counted. Those Utility guys b*tch and complain everyday about how Estes has done them wrong. The way I see it, they took the easy way out. I hit the road and stayed gone. It sucked, but I was told how the system worked and I did what they were unwilling to do.

I hope to get a schedule run someday. However, I'm under no illusion it will be anytime soon. At the moment I'll be content to be employed.

I hear some terminals are forcing linehaul drivers to take a night or day off so the utility guys can run... Waz up with that? Why should anyone give their run up, because management hired too many drivers?

I hear some terminals are forcing linehaul drivers to take a night or day off so the utility guys can run... Waz up with that? Why should anyone give their run up, because management hired too many drivers?
It's not hard getting our guys to take a day off. We have utility guys with a bunch of seniority, of course, they just came back from fema complaining uncle Sam took $1,500 out in taxes each week. Poor fellas

I hope to get a schedule run someday. However, I'm under no illusion it will be anytime soon. At the moment I'll be content to be employed.

I will just give you an example of what happened back in 08/09 at say Nashville, where they had Utility drivers that kept there job, let go of linehaul guys that had been here for years, heard one Utility driver was only here for 3 months, and they were letting go of guys that been here for years on linehaul.
Guess I did it to keep a job.
Like I have said they love changing things around at this place and when that change happens it affects someone in one of the classes, except if you are City.
Also they got rid of alot of linehaul runs, changed them into Hub Runs, that is why I went Hub also, got tired of the B.S. on the road, sitting around for 24 hours at places, etc. So I took something that was more stable.
The only thing that did though is I lost Linehaul time to some other guys, and now I am paying for that. But the Re-Bid I should move up a little, but thing is I would'nt mind going back to a Hub run, I sure have the Years at this company to do it if they went by a 2 board system.

I will just give you an example of what happened back in 08/09 at say Nashville, where they had Utility drivers that kept there job, let go of linehaul guys that had been here for years, heard one Utility driver was only here for 3 months, and they were letting go of guys that been here for years on linehaul.
Guess I did it to keep a job.
Like I have said they love changing things around at this place and when that change happens it affects someone in one of the classes, except if you are City.
Also they got rid of alot of linehaul runs, changed them into Hub Runs, that is why I went Hub also, got tired of the B.S. on the road, sitting around for 24 hours at places, etc. So I took something that was more stable.
The only thing that did though is I lost Linehaul time to some other guys, and now I am paying for that. But the Re-Bid I should move up a little, but thing is I would'nt mind going back to a Hub run, I sure have the Years at this company to do it if they went by a 2 board system.

If you were able to change classifications and keep your job, I'd view that as a plus. This may not be the perfect company but it's a lot better than almost all of the other one's I've worked for. It seems when someone has been at a company for years they lose perspective of how bad some other places might be to work at. The grass is not always as green as it appears on the other side of the fence. Good luck with the bids when they get posted.

Looks like status que, the way we bid is staying the same. Well we will see if we get screwed again, see how much linehaul we lose.

What can I say, 34years I've pretended to be a wannabe driver, now I work for a wannabe terminal..... should I go any further ? LOL

They got ours up. It's too hard for me to comprehend. Too many numbers. Some of our half ways look to be lay downs but like I said, "no comprendo"