Holland | Big Account

sickson

TB Lurker
Credits
I am hearing that USF HOLLAND will be getting a HUGE new account starting Jan. 1,2009. This account might put the Carrier who has it now out-of-bussiness. That could increase our frieght even more. Anyone know if this is true?:clap:

SICKSON THERE IS A THREAD FOR RUMORS. If not rumor please give us a little more info. I hope your right. Thanks Grizz

Grizz, I got the info from a regional mgr. the account is ****. I'm not going to tell the name of the Trucking Company hauling it now, but it is 65% of there total frieght.

Thanks Sickson, that's plenty of info. Closest **** is in **** ** to our barn. We did start a new account last week, Thomas and Betts, Byhalia, Ms. Grizz

I know its very close to 1-1-2009 but now that a few of us know the name of the new "Big Account" I edited the name out so that we don't give any other company a chance to possibly hurt our chances of keeping this account. I hope/think you understand what I mean. If anybody has an issue or question about this please PM me and I will explain in more detail. Very good info Sickon.

I am hearing that USF HOLLAND will be getting a HUGE new account starting Jan. 1,2009. This account might put the Carrier who has it now out-of-bussiness. That could increase our frieght even more. Anyone know if this is true?:clap:

So I guess this concession is already ratified. Otherwise we wont be here.:woot:

I know its very close to 1-1-2009 but now that a few of us know the name of the new "Big Account" I edited the name out so that we don't give any other company a chance to possibly hurt our chances of keeping this account. I hope/think you understand what I mean. If anybody has an issue or question about this please PM me and I will explain in more detail. Very good info Sickon.
:1036316054:
good job ... quick thinkin dude

Just a thought, but why are we discussing any company business in a public forum. I feel we should have a private forum, password protected, to keep all company and teamster issues private. I also feel that we should not talk about our problems with customers. I have heard too much already about local drivers speculating to the customers about our situation, it is enough that Fed ex and Ups freight are trying to steal our customers, we don't need to help them with providing bulletin board material. Is there anyway that we could keep all forums private?

I had one of our salesmen look it up on his computer. Apparently, final negotiations on the contract for this new freight are done. It covers the midwest area and we should start seeing the freight soon. He said we also had some other big accounts that are supposed to come online around Jan 1st of 09. :1036316054:

Ok nice job on the new account.Get it all set up for the YRC boys to take it over in 2009.
They would absolutely find a way of messing it up if they took it over and it would not be long until it was back on the market so don't despair.

It sure would be nice if Holland moved back into Little Rock so we could come back to work!
I know, I know, That will never happen.