Holland | Big Account

[
I had one of our salesmen look it up on his computer. Apparently, final negotiations on the contract for this new freight are done. It covers the midwest area and we should start seeing the freight soon. He said we also had some other big accounts that are supposed to come online around Jan 1st of 09. [/QUOTE]

That new "BIG ACCOUNT" is only going to benefit Roadway they got the eastern contract Conway has the midwest.We can only hope that Conway screws up the account for us to get it.

That new "BIG ACCOUNT" is only going to benefit Roadway they got the eastern contract Conway has the midwest.We can only hope that Conway screws up the account for us to get it.

Mr. Bear, I don't mean to question your knowledge in any way, but there are several of us that had already announced about the big account and our own salesmen have told all of us a very different future, about this account, than you? We've been told nothing like what you're posting? Now as you're a newbie here and all, I have to say that your info could be correct, but if I were a betting man I would bet on the other several members, that have been giving good information, a little longer than you and that posted about this account around a week before you did. It would seem very strange that everybody else got bad info and you were the only one that got the truth. We'll see what we see in time, I guess. Please keep your inside info coming to us so we can see just how much you do know. Good information is always hard to come by, so we all welcome it when we can find it.

Mr. Bear, I don't mean to question your knowledge in any way, but there are several of us that had already announced about the big account and our own salesmen have told all of us a very different future, about this account, than you? We've been told nothing like what you're posting? Now as you're a newbie here and all, I have to say that your info could be correct, but if I were a betting man I would bet on the other several members, that have been giving good information, a little longer than you and that posted about this account around a week before you did. It would seem very strange that everybody else got bad info and you were the only one that got the truth. We'll see what we see in time, I guess. Please keep your inside info coming to us so we can see just how much you do know. Good information is always hard to come by, so we all welcome it when we can find it.

Hey Benny! I have to vouch for DancingBear--he absolutely has a solid inside source way up the food chain......When our salesman looked up that account for me, he looked it up on his sales computer which is hooked in with YRC....I guess he assumed that account would be our's. Unfortunately, I think D bear is correct in his post. Like you said though-Time will tell !:popcorn: Peace out

When I asked our salesman about it he said, "yeah I heard 'we' were going after that account" I figured, and I think he figured, that the "we" was Holland.

Where's the freight

Well another false romor!!
Or did i miss the freight some where.
I havent seen or heard of any new account's.
Maybe a few we lost due to lack of service.
Oh well maybe next year.(if we are still here)

I know we at yellow just started a new account with
Sherwin Williams. We took that away from the all mighty FedEx Freight.

Hey Grizz, haven't we had T&B before I remember how much I delivered in city up in DS. Seems like big circle on some of these national accounts. cheap and damage on time delivery!

T&B 15 years ago was our #1 account in ME. We would get 50-60 loads a week. We are back in at a much smaller scale. The freight is a lot better because the long bundles of rods are no longer shipped LTL. Nice looking frt know. 12:30 am time to unload some inbound. See ya GRIZZ

I was at a stop friday in harvey,il.--was supposed to get 40,000 but only got 13,000 because it was the 2nd time we missed it so they gave a majority of it to Fedex.

I was at a stop friday in harvey,il.--was supposed to get 40,000 but only got 13,000 because it was the 2nd time we missed it so they gave a majority of it to Fedex.

And it can only get worse. If you don't service your customers, somebody else will. I know we as drivers can only do what the upper management allows us to do, its sad that they won't allow us to do our jobs, the correct way. Why this is, who knows? :shrug: