R&L | Big announcement on monday?

mothertrucker28

TB Lurker
Credits
They are telling drivers in my region to get ready for a big announcement on monday. They said we would be doubling our freight company wide. I wonder if we bought someone or did they bring in some national accounts??:popcorn:

im out west...everyone was talking about something going down on monday...i was just seeing if anybody else on here had heard it.

nothing in wil. but if you call the 1 800 543 5589 and get the answering service during the daytime hours and listen to it till the end it says press 5 for air freight and expediting..
i also heard last week that we bought out a company on the east coast not sure who and no one knows the company name and not even sure if it's true because it came from one of my fellow truck drivers so we all know that has to be true.:grinning-smiley-021

Our TM, said dubba, dubba I have not heard a thing!
But he did say we took a major candy acount from Fed-X, but from the sounds of it us drivers will have to jump through hoops and do alot of azz kissin to deliver it to the customer!

Now thats something to be proud of!

Our TM, said dubba, dubba I have not heard a thing!
But he did say we took a major candy acount from Fed-X, but from the sounds of it us drivers will have to jump through hoops and do alot of azz kissin to deliver it to the customer!

Now thats something to be proud of!
Ahh MORE JUNK FREIGHT just what we need NOT

Candy sounds like appointment freight to me. Nothing like busting your butt all day only to have to sit at a grocery warehouse for 3 hours and hump their freight for them.

I went into work Mon. night wondering if I was going to hear a big announcement. Only thing that was set in stone was the official axe of the Paramount driver label and we got to hire our first R+L II employee. I think they are still held under regular pay-scale of an original R+L employee. But more than a Paramount ever had.

No matter if they call it paramount or r&l it is still not right what they are still doing. Maybe if the new hires got time and a half for overtime it might be fair but it is not right when you are doing the same job as the guy next to you and getting paid a lot less. Also, does anybody know if the linehaul pay scale has changed for the new hires? I know under the paramount program the pay scale was a joke for linehaul drivers and we went through a couple guys because of it.

Candy you say? Better use an ice box this summer for it. Enjoy your new account you got from FedEx. IF we still wanted it YOU would not of gotten it.

Paramount is still hiring on the web.... You have to ask yourself what they need a whole other company for to do the same thing R&L always has done???

Where was this R&L II employee hired at? This is the first that I've heard of an R&L II employee. I'm glad that the paramont name is gone,but how long will we be able to keep people at a reduced pay rate? We had a problem here a few years ago with getting and keeping city drivers,they finally had to raise the starting pay to get people to hang around. I think that the same will happen again,depending on the economy. In hard times people will work for less just to have a job. As far the candy account,I guess that is why they bought ABCO and all the other refer units--at least part of the reason.

Where was this R&L II employee hired at? This is the first that I've heard of an R&L II employee. I'm glad that the paramont name is gone,but how long will we be able to keep people at a reduced pay rate? We had a problem here a few years ago with getting and keeping city drivers,they finally had to raise the starting pay to get people to hang around. I think that the same will happen again,depending on the economy. In hard times people will work for less just to have a job. As far the candy account,I guess that is why they bought ABCO and all the other refer units--at least part of the reason.

most of the reason for ABCO was to use them for freight going into states like florida that has not much coming out but cold storage freight to kinda balance it out but still takes away from linehaul and teams