SAIA | big big layoff

I don't see how they could possibly lay off anyone in GVL. Hell, if anything they need to hire some dockworkers and let us only drive.

I heard a rumor of a layoff, and know of one that happened Monday. TM/sales rep in COL was let go.

TM in FSC was let go yesterday. This layoff is focused mainly on managment, including terminal managers. It will go on through next week. This is verified info.

WOW! Wouldn't it be something to fire a TM, send in the DM to fill in, then fire him too?:biglaugh:

just curious if anyone has gotten a note from payroll telling them there checks next week where going to be live checks.

I drove for saia 5 1/2 years as a linehaul driver out of orlando,fl. I was layed off 11-06-09 saia doesn't care about their employees you come in to work one day and they tell you that's it, "your out of here". they're so bad they will hire people trun rite around and lay them off knowing they going to layoff. But they did me favor I got better job with an LTL company running linehaul. I know they care about their people.

WOW! Wouldn't it be something to fire a TM, send in the DM to fill in, then fire him too?:biglaugh:

If you think about it a minute.....with TM's being layed off, what's the point of the DM's job anymore? Let's say only 4 or 5 TMs make it through the layoff. There were 17 before iirc.....wouldn't it make sense to consolidate regional managers as well? I'm not saying I want this to happen, b/c I hate to see anyone lose their job, but I'm just saying.

BTW I heard the HKY and FAY TM's are now going to be doing something out of the CLT terminal. I will try to find out some more info when I go in tonight.

live check is a real check not direct deposit. we get those for what sick days we have left they send you a real check. our terminal has been real slow so i was afraid for a moment that they might be closing. wasnt sure but i am looking at everything that seems off sorta speak.