SAIA | big big layoff

Looks like the management herd is getting thinned pretty drastically. I went on the co. website and started looking at terminal managers names. Some are managing two to four terminals. Colorado and Arizona have one tm for all the terminals in their respective states. This means facility maintenance is going down the toilet too, as there is no one to keep up with those needs.

This round should be over. They were told it was a 2 week layoff, and this past week was #2. You never know what will happen in the future though.

I think all amller sattilites are dark now. Every terminal in GA except for ATL is now dark. It's been working well for our terminal once we got used to it.

That's odd. All the terminal managers and myself were told it was a 2 week layoff. It's also odd that the TM of a break bulk was let go. Oh well....we all know not to try to make sense of some of the things here.

That's odd. All the terminal managers and myself were told it was a 2 week layoff. It's also odd that the TM of a break bulk was let go. Oh well....we all know not to try to make sense of some of the things here.

I suspect the MPS TM was fired not layed off or he resigned. No way that could be a dark terminal and I think the cut off is 200 bills a day.

MPS TM was fired - He had two assistant TM's. One had a family emergency and the other was moved to a dark terminal to help out and in the week he was by himself everything fell apart. I guess someone figured out that he had no idea of what he was doing and decided that he wasn't needed anymore.

MPS TM was fired - He had two assistant TM's. One had a family emergency and the other was moved to a dark terminal to help out and in the week he was by himself everything fell apart. I guess someone figured out that he had no idea of what he was doing and decided that he wasn't needed anymore.

Thanks for the clarification and welcome to Truckingboards.

Just seems to me they making positions available so if YRC falls they could fill some positions with there people to try to pull some business from the fall......even tho Saia would never hire anyone that had been union.... right

Just seems to me they making positions available so if YRC falls they could fill some positions with there people to try to pull some business from the fall......even tho Saia would never hire anyone that had been union.... right

That's right.......B_____U____T____. If it were to enhance the company's business, then..........................

the problem with is they are laying off the dock sups and dispatchers and tm's, not the sales and that is where most of the following of the customers will be

the problem with is they are laying off the dock sups and dispatchers and tm's, not the sales and that is where most of the following of the customers will be

Make 'em all TM/SR. Twice the work for half the price. Think man. Think. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: